Selling on Depop and Vinted #10 Scruffy slags should bide their time, for this is Vinted, not Amazon Prime

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would anyone accept an offer from a Vinted account with no reviews, no picture and no items bought or sold?

Would anyone accept an offer from a Vinted account with no reviews, no picture and no items bought or sold?
I did a couple of weeks ago, it was only £4 and something I’d had on vinted for nearly 12 months so wasn’t bothered if it went tits up.

Turned out to be the perfect buyer, collected straight away, marked ok straight away and left excellent feedback straightaway.

Reactions: 13
I mean Vinted protect you anyway if anything goes wrong/they don’t send/they scam so don’t get why people are so scared of this :) there’s no way they can steak your money as it only gets released when both buyers are happy :)

Reactions: 16
I just sold a pair of DMs for £90 to a brand new buyer with no reviews, no picture and no items bought or sold. I was a bit nervous but she was a dream buyer - collected straight away, clicked ok and left me glowing feedback within a couple of hours.

Everyone has to start their Vinted activity somewhere!

Reactions: 26
Fair enough, I just thought it was a bit sus and because it’s a more expensive item I was concerned about getting stung.

Fair enough, I just thought it was a bit sus and because it’s a more expensive item I was concerned about getting stung.
i think it’s fair to be concerned. Personally if I was selling a medium/high value item to a newbie I would take extra photos/video of the item for my record, especially during it being packaged up. I’ve not found Vinted that helpful to be honest so anything like that would help your case if the buyer tries to claim the quality isn’t good, for example.

Reactions: 3
Well I’ve been well & truly fucked over by vinted & the buyer. The parcel “that hadn’t been sent” I’m sure has 99% been delivered today as the same buyers other parcel has. They told me not to worry and would of course mark parcel as manually received when it was. Well now all of a sudden radio silence even though they’ve always messaged me straight back when we were talking. Vinted will do an auto cancellation now and I’ll have to do a refund. Vinted really isn’t on the side of sellers @ all. Might as well have threw £30 down the drain.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Vinted really isn’t on the side of sellers @ all. Might as well have threw £30 down the drain.
Vinted are only on their own side. They manage to not support buyers or sellers. The buyer protection fee is a joke.

I’m sorry you’ve had a bad experience.

Reactions: 8
Oooo she’s got me on edge, suspense is killing me 💀 all this for a £2 moisturiser 🤣

B7C8F352-3C55-4457-86BE-B016EC4F4465.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 27
IMG_2065.jpeg

IMG_2064.jpeg

What I ordered vs what arrived 🙈

The orange top is really thin material and is defo not gonna fit round my F cup boobs. Was only £1 but I’m a bit gutted as I was planning on wearing the yellow one out tomorrow night with some new high waisted jeans and a leather jacket 🥲
---
Seller has asked me to return it because she sold the other one for £4, mine was £1.
I have requested for her to cover postage as I don’t see why I should cover it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
The power of good photos... I uploaded a jumper a few weeks ago as a flatlay - re-reploaded on a hanger - sold in under 24hrs.

Reactions: 10
Does anyone know why a transaction would be suspended when it hasn't been collected yet? It got delivered to the shop on Thursday afternoon, nothing to say the buyer has collected yet but had a notification about half an hour ago saying the transaction has been suspended and the support team will contact me. It's only a £1.50 item so not a huge deal but it's my first issue as a seller so not sure what it might mean.

Reactions: 1
Selling two wooden toys for £1.50 someone wants just one I said just donate to charity she said but by the time I pay delivery fees it’s too much for two. It will be the same postage 🤯?! Just 75p difference!!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.