Selling on Depop and Vinted #10 Scruffy slags should bide their time, for this is Vinted, not Amazon Prime

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This just made me laugh, it was a kids dress ‘dress worn once so it’s 90% new’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m selling something fairly pricey and have had a ton of low ball stupid offers. Someone finally offered me £10 under my asking price last night so I accepted but then something made me check their profile and they had no items bought or sold and no reviews. The account looked anonymous and to me smacked of being dodgy. I blocked it but I assume that means they can’t buy my item or do anything else?
Hmm..I’m not sure how blocking works. Maybe send another offer (higher than original asking price) to counter the lower one just in case?

Reactions: 1
Sold something. Never got delivered. Buyer got a refund and my item was allegedly on its way back to me (yodel). The buyer has messaged me and told its arrived at her house now.

what is the procedure? Thanks!
Edit she wants to avoid having to post it back to me as it has already gone awol.
she said I can send her my bank details.
What is the alternative?

Last edited:
I've just had a message from a seller I had bought items from can I withdraw my sale as they can't post it anytime soon but will reserve it, just wondering will this affect.my rating?
Edited to add, I purchased on 8/10 so will be 5 days tomorrow will I just hold out as doesn't look like they will be sending

I've just had a message from a seller I had bought items from can I withdraw my sale as they can't post it anytime soon but will reserve it, just wondering will this affect.my rating?
Edited to add, I purchased on 8/10 so will be 5 days tomorrow will I just hold out as doesn't look like they will be sending
I think if you cancel as the buyer, you get auto negative feedback. Personally, I'd let it time out - not your fault they couldn't post it on time. I imagine this will piss them off though, so I guess it depends how much you want the item?

Hi guys! The most bizarre thing just happened to me. So I sent a parcel to a buyer (skincare item), almost 2 months ago. Sent promptly and told her I’d shipped it, it delivered, then I got auto positive feedback. I got the money, the buyer never said anything. Fast forward to today, it got delivered to me?!? I’m so surprised I actually forgot about it.

What does this mean? Do I sell it again?! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hi guys! The most bizarre thing just happened to me. So I sent a parcel to a buyer (skincare item), almost 2 months ago. Sent promptly and told her I’d shipped it, it delivered, then I got auto positive feedback. I got the money, the buyer never said anything. Fast forward to today, it got delivered to me?!? I’m so surprised I actually forgot about it.

What does this mean? Do I sell it again?! 🤣
Yassss, sell it again you slaggy tart 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
🤣🤣🤣 I mean it would be a waste to just bin it right 🤣 I have absolutely no idea how it ended up back with me
They must have forgotten to collect it so the sale auto-completed, then the shop sent it back. It takes ages for uncollected parcels to be returned for some reason!

I had 3 Yodel parcels returned because the shop was closed for refurbishment (it closed a few days after I bought them and Yodel wouldn’t redirect them annoyingly). Only 1 parcel was safely returned to the seller!
---
I mean it’s kind of sweet but… yeah 😂
Aww, this might in fact be a sign of a mental health condition and/or they could be neurodivergent. I only say this because I recognise it in myself - always buying multiples, collecting things with nostalgic value and getting a rush of dopamine from hunting down a particularly obscure item 😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Just had my first refund request after over 900 sales. Because a bag was “too big”. Fool never asked for dimensions. The seller is on holiday. If they don’t return by a certain date to vinted authorise the payment?

Is there any limit to how many items you can list?
I've got about 40 listed but have another load ready to list up too.
I'm reinvigorated to list more after I had a right tidy tart who bought two things, full price, no bother. It does happen!

I'm reinvigorated to list more after I had a right tidy tart who bought two things, full price, no bother. It does happen!
Not sure if there is a limit, but if it helps I’ve got over 450 items listed currently.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Is anyone having problems with InPost tracking updating since they teamed up with Royal Mail. I have three parcels I’ve sent out and the tracking hasn’t updated for 5 days on all of them. I messaged one buyer today, to say I’m sorry there seems to be a delay and I will message InPost/Vinted and she replied (very honest 😇 ) to say she received the item 2 days ago! Sent the screenshots to Vinted and they’ve manually updated it as delivered.
Put the codes into the Royal Mail tracking page and it shows 2/3 as delivered 🤷🏼‍♀️

I don’t think so as some people have hundreds, however personally as a buyer it puts me off when people have hundreds of items as I cba to scroll through to see if I can bundle anything 😂

I don’t think so as some people have hundreds, however personally as a buyer it puts me off when people have hundreds of items as I cba to scroll through to see if I can bundle anything 😂
I tend to keep 2 types of things up at a time for this exact reason then if they've not sold after 6 weeks then they're in the charity pile 🤣

At the moment I only have kids 1.5-2 and 2-3 for sale. 3 weeks ago I only hand ladies size 14 and 16. Seems to work for me 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I tend to keep 2 types of things up at a time for this exact reason then if they've not sold after 6 weeks then they're in the charity pile 🤣

At the moment I only have kids 1.5-2 and 2-3 for sale. 3 weeks ago I only hand ladies size 14 and 16. Seems to work for me 🙂
Yeah that’s a good way of doing it! I’m trying to do the same, I actually got rid of a big bundle on Facebook for £20 which I was so happy with 😂 but that was baby clothes, I feel like ladies clothes don’t sell well on FB!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.