Selling on Depop and Vinted #10 Scruffy slags should bide their time, for this is Vinted, not Amazon Prime

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Things that are pissing me off at the moment!
Vinted seem to have the sizing different to what we buy it as - it could be me!
For example I want 4 - 5, 110cm. On Next this is a 5.
Vinted have 4-5 as 109cm and a 4.
So this is fine and I have to search both sizes but sellers for the love of god please put the size in the description or take a photo, preferably both.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I just bought something on depop. Seller came back pretty quickly looking for me to cancel paypal as they cannot accept and to revolut. I don't have revolut. They were also questioning me for not paying full amount. (I did but they have paypal and depop deductions). My scam hackles are up.
Deffo scam!

I should be ok though as went though the app and paypal. Not sure what to do at this moment in time.

I just bought something on depop. Seller came back pretty quickly looking for me to cancel paypal as they cannot accept and to revolut. I don't have revolut. They were also questioning me for not paying full amount. (I did but they have paypal and depop deductions). My scam hackles are up.
Depop deducts a 10% fee regardless of the payment method - maybe they don’t realise that? But if they’re asking you to transfer money to their bank account then you should report them to Depop.

You can claim through PayPal if you don’t receive the item and get your money back, so you’re fully protected at least!

Reactions: 5
Why are all the staff members at evri shops so rude 😂 I took 2 parcels to the till and she sighed and rolled her eyes, then basically threw the blue slip at me. She’s also only wrote 1 parcel on the blue slip but there was 2, is that going to be ok?!
---
I am panicking now that she’s going to steal one of my parcels 🤣🥲🙃

Reactions: 8
OK, it's entirely possible I'm being a big ol' scruffy slag here, but the bra here had been listed for three months with no takers, and the bottom elastic was discoloured from white to beige which basically isn't reversible unless you want to try sticking it in a bucket of bleach, which is not something I want to do with a bra, and makes me wonder if the elastic on the banding is still good or not. No biggie, make an offer, if they say no I'll just go to Bravissimo in a month when I'm not haemorraging disposable income, or get one that's not a nude colour from one of the eBay outlets and try and remember not to wear it under a white top....but lol at the passive-aggressiveness:

bra.png

Of course it's 'already 50% off the RRP', it's been sat in your cupboard for god knows how long and smells of someone else's house, you aren't John Lewis.

Reactions: 2
OK, it's entirely possible I'm being a big ol' scruffy slag here, but the bra here had been listed for three months with no takers, and the bottom elastic was discoloured from white to beige which basically isn't reversible unless you want to try sticking it in a bucket of bleach, which is not something I want to do with a bra, and makes me wonder if the elastic on the banding is still good or not. No biggie, make an offer, if they say no I'll just go to Bravissimo in a month when I'm not haemorraging disposable income, or get one that's not a nude colour from one of the eBay outlets and try and remember not to wear it under a white top....but lol at the passive-aggressiveness:

View attachment 2502131

Of course it's 'already 50% off the RRP', it's been sat in your cupboard for god knows how long and smells of someone else's house, you aren't John Lewis.
Yeah I think you’re the scruffy slag here, like you said she don’t need to accept your offer but you were the pass agg one saying “due to the discolouration” and then given further explanations. She didn’t ask. She can price at what she wants 🤣

Reactions: 24
In an update to my £90 DM’s sale on the last thread, the whole thing went without a hitch. Parcel not stolen by the Yodel courier, buyer collected within a couple of hours of delivery, all marked as ok and left me glowing feedback. Living the Vinted dream this week 😆.

I need to list some more stuff now - out of my initial upload of 6 items, I have sold 5. I’ve some coats and jackets to list next, as well as more bags. Then I’ll need to start steaming stuff prior to photographing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
There's so many on Depop who say "message before buying" as they want to complete the transaction outside to avoid the fees. I remember years ago being green and buying something and immediately got a message "I said to message before buying" and was told it was because of the fees.. I was that naive at the time, I thought that that was terrible that she wasn't getting the full amount so I PayPal-ed her the 10% that she would have been deducted from the fees - it still makes me cringe that I was such a sap :sick:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Yeah I think you’re the scruffy slag here, like you said she don’t need to accept your offer but you were the pass agg one saying “due to the discolouration” and then given further explanations. She didn’t ask. She can price at what she wants 🤣
Yeah, fair enough. Just felt the need to justify lowballing her by explaining that it's not something you can wash out like most shop soiling, it's potentially fucked elastic and good luck selling it at that price. OK, yeah, so that is passive-aggressive. *winds neck in*
---
There's so many on Depop who say "message before buying" as they want to complete the transaction outside to avoid the fees. I remember years ago being green and buying something and immediately got a message "I said to message before buying" and was told it was because of the fees.. I was that naive at the time, I thought that that was terrible that she wasn't getting the full amount so I PayPal-ed her the 10% that she would have been deducted from the fees - it still makes me cringe that I was such a sap :sick:
I haven't used Depop for an age, when this happens is it generally because they expect you to pay Friends and Family as well?

Reactions: 5
she said she is posting tomorrow so if any issues at all I will report her to depop. Seems to be a new user so I'm hoping its down to her been a bit green

After some advice please, I may be receiving my first return for non collection. Item has been waiting for collection since 4th Oct. Do vinted remind buyer to collect or is that something I should do?

After some advice please, I may be receiving my first return for non collection. Item has been waiting for collection since 4th Oct. Do vinted remind buyer to collect or is that something I should do?
Vinted remind the buyer! But maybe give them a gentle nudge??

Reactions: 2
Why are all the staff members at evri shops so rude 😂 I took 2 parcels to the till and she sighed and rolled her eyes, then basically threw the blue slip at me. She’s also only wrote 1 parcel on the blue slip but there was 2, is that going to be ok?!
---
My local Evri don’t write anything on my blue slips 😳

The promotion on that bar of chocolate was for the run-up to the Women's World Cup, how long has that been sitting there?
I had to find it out and added to my likes to see if anyone actually buys it 😂 the socks don’t have tags on. Are they used or are they from the £2.80 iconic primark sock pack?

---
The guy at my local Evri shop is really rude too. He got rid of his label machine but refuses to amend his listing on Evri for some reason so people are constantly coming in needing to get labels printed and can’t. He makes you put the package down in a corner, scans it, barks ‘name?’ at you then throws the slip on the counter.

Mind you, if I had to deal with Evri all the time I’d probably be bad tempered too.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.