Selling on Depop and Vinted #10 Scruffy slags should bide their time, for this is Vinted, not Amazon Prime

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The guy at my local Evri shop is really rude too. He got rid of his label machine but refuses to amend his listing on Evri for some reason so people are constantly coming in needing to get labels printed and can’t. He makes you put the package down in a corner, scans it, barks ‘name?’ at you then throws the slip on the counter.

Mind you, if I had to deal with Evri all the time I’d probably be bad tempered too.
I think they get paid per parcel so don’t get why they’re such dicks about them 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I received an item that is in terrible condition, it's vintage and it did state it has some imperfections but not as many as there are really. I can't wear it due to how itchy the material is too (obv not the sellers fault) but the thing is - they sent a note saying it was their mother's favourite item of clothing, and she had passed away last year.

I know we never know where are clothes are from and when we purposely choose vintage items it's not strange that the people who wore them are no longer around but it's the first time I've actually been told that and it was a bit jarring.

The main thing is - I would keep it if it were in wearable condition or not itchy but as I can't, I don't really want to donate it for it to be then thrown away when realised it isn't in sellable conditon. I'm sympathetic to the fact someone loved wearing this and want to almost respect it in a way? Any ideas on what I can do with it to make something out of it or somewhere it could be of use? It's pure wool, so not sure if I could unravel it and knit something else with it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I received an item that is in terrible condition, it's vintage and it did state it has some imperfections but not as many as there are really. I can't wear it due to how itchy the material is too (obv not the sellers fault) but the thing is - they sent a note saying it was their mother's favourite item of clothing, and she had passed away last year.

I know we never know where are clothes are from and when we purposely choose vintage items it's not strange that the people who wore them are no longer around but it's the first time I've actually been told that and it was a bit jarring.

The main thing is - I would keep it if it were in wearable condition or not itchy but as I can't, I don't really want to donate it for it to be then thrown away when realised it isn't in sellable conditon. I'm sympathetic to the fact someone loved wearing this and want to almost respect it in a way? Any ideas on what I can do with it to make something out of it or somewhere it could be of use? It's pure wool, so not sure if I could unravel it and knit something else with it.
I think you just need to mentally detach from it's back story and just donate it to a charity shop. It's easy to think that way, I get it I really do, but as someone who had to clear out her Mums wardrobe when she died it wouldn't bother me what you did with it to be honest. It's just stuff. Memories are the things to cling to.

Reactions: 26
I think you just need to mentally detach from it's back story and just donate it to a charity shop. It's easy to think that way, I get it I really do, but as someone who had to clear out her Mums wardrobe when she died it wouldn't bother me what you did with it to be honest. It's just stuff. Memories are the things to cling to.
So sorry about your mum. That's helpful, that's what I would have done if there was no note attached!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Why write that and then sell on vinted.

I'm still in limbo, got a message last night that still hadn't received money but was trusting me and was going to post the dress but still asking me to ask for a refund.

I gave her the paypal transaction reference and said that she should contact depop support. No way am I risking going off app.

So sorry about your mum. That's helpful, that's what I would have done if there was no note attached!
Absolutely. And it’s not easy. But I think the older you get you realise that you can hold on to everything for sentimental reasons

I wouldn’t have put that note in. It’s not fair to put that on someone else. I get she was trying to personalise the thing for you, but its just upset you more. Honestly donate. Someone else will find it and fall in love with it.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone had an issue with the parcel they’re sending being the wrong weight for the label? I think my parcel I’ve sent is heavier than I expected it to be but o went by the guidance suggested on Vinted? First time I’ve sold anything using Vinted so didn’t realise.

Wtf, I work in an office. I’m not NHS or anything else considered “special”. Can I have it for free 😅
I actually do work in the NHS... should I start asking for discounts too 😂

Related - I came across someone’s Vinted profile the other day and she had put “NHS worker” so I wondered if I should put that in my profile too haha

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hi tidy tarts. Dropped off 8 parcels this morning, got 8 wrote on my receipt (Evri) one parcel - most expensive one obviously 🙄 - has not had tracking updated. Just had notification that it’s time to ship. Does anyone know if this gets picked up when the driver collects? Common sense would presume it’d be scanned by the driver before they all leave the shop.

Reactions: 2
Hi tidy tarts. Dropped off 8 parcels this morning, got 8 wrote on my receipt (Evri) one parcel - most expensive one obviously 🙄 - has not had tracking updated. Just had notification that it’s time to ship. Does anyone know if this gets picked up when the driver collects? Common sense would presume it’d be scanned by the driver before they all leave the shop.
It can take upto 48hrs for the shipping to change 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 1

If it makes you itchy just wearing it, then knitting with it is probably going to be even worse.

Absolutely. And it’s not easy. But I think the older you get you realise that you can hold on to everything for sentimental reasons

I wouldn’t have put that note in. It’s not fair to put that on someone else. I get she was trying to personalise the thing for you, but its just upset you more. Honestly donate. Someone else will find it and fall in love with it.
If it makes you itchy just wearing it, then knitting with it is probably going to be even worse.
I dropped it off at a charity shop yesterday 👍

Reactions: 6
I've definitely got one that's about to be returned. Delivered Saturday. I sent a FYI reminder after like 4 days (as they hadn't been online)- read it/ignored. Still awaiting collection. If you can't pick up, don't pick collection 🤷‍♀️. So annoying lol

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’m selling something fairly pricey and have had a ton of low ball stupid offers. Someone finally offered me £10 under my asking price last night so I accepted but then something made me check their profile and they had no items bought or sold and no reviews. The account looked anonymous and to me smacked of being dodgy. I blocked it but I assume that means they can’t buy my item or do anything else?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.