Secret Celebrity Gossip #99

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forget Hi-De-Hi, Ruth Madoc‘s real legacy was her iconic hairdo that has swept the celeb world since she first adopted it all those years ago.

Often emulated but never bested.

MAIN-Denise-Welch.jpg

FFC8-DCB4-FFF6-4339-99-D6-12-E7-B689-FA71.jpg
b621e614170149d79545872b48d6f371.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Ruth was meant to do panto this year but had an accident earlier this week and had to pull out. It must have been far worse than made out because she appeared to update her own social media saying that she’d be back soon and not to worry. Either she suddenly took a turn for the worse or someone else had been doing her SM on her behalf. Anyway, I loved HI De Hi. They don’t make them like that anymore. RIP Gladys 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 34
We do need to protect the identities of children who commit crimes - even terrible crimes. In most countries Venables and Thompson wouldn't have even been prosecuted. We had a lower age of criminal responsibility even than Russia and China and large parts of Africa.

Completely understand the anger about the horrible death they inflicted on James - if I was Denise Fergus I'd want those boys locked up forever but how we dealt with the case has basically become the boiler plate for what NOT to do when children kill. They shouldn't have been tried as adults and they shouldn't have been named in the first place.
Hard agree. The murder of James Bulger was horrific and nobody will ever forget it. But it was committed by two primary school aged children. You read the reports about Thompson's home life and it's sickening. He'd never known anything but violence. He was beaten up by his older brothers constantly. We're not talking sibling squabbles. He was regularly bitten, punched, kicked and hospitalised with broken bones. It's possible to feel both desperately sorry for James's family but also glad that Thompson was young enough to be rehabilitated and lead a decent life.
And how do you know he was rehabilitated? We don't know what he looks like so he could be living next door to you? Would you be OK to have him near your children then yeah? Just because he hasn't been caught for anything doesn't mean he's changed. What they did to that little lad was unspeakable and I don't give a duck what life they had, there is no defending it. They are pure evil and I don't believe you can rehabilitate evil.
They had no proper punishment and its sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I think there is a Venables or true crime/murder thread, can you PLEASE take this disturbing off-topic discussion there.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Can we please not have the bulger case under secret celeb gossip. I find it very insensitive and surely there are other pages where this can be discussed

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Can we please not have the bulger case under secret celeb gossip. I find it very insensitive and surely there are other pages where this can be discussed
Was going to say, it's not really on topic for this thread. There's a real life crime and murder thread in the Off Topic section.

Reactions: 33
i was about to post the same. there’s a very meaningful conversation here but it’s in the wrong thread. i’m here for celebrities and cliff richard’s life of crime!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
i was about to post the same. there’s a very meaningful conversation here but it’s in the wrong thread. i’m here for celebrities and cliff richard’s life of crime!
I’m gonna say it. Cliff’s biggest crime is against music.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
The problem is a lot of mob mentality people aren't all that bright and end up seeing something on Facebook or someone with the same name and just go after them. Or anyone they think is 'odd'.
This. the law is there, maybe not intentionally, to protect those who may kill them to make their name, for revenge. What happens if they get the wrong person?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.