Secret Celebrity Gossip #99

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The law on not disclosing new identities needs to be there to protect people but not scum like this. It kinda feels that they got away with what they did to James.

Reactions: 23
The law on not disclosing new identities needs to be there to protect people but not scum like this. It kinda feels that they got away with what they did to James.
But, as someone said above, Thomson has led a law abiding life since and seems to have been rehabilitated. If their names hadn't been changed, they would both almost certainly have been killed by now. Then what do you do with their murderers? Let them go even though they have committed the same crime? Then you end up in Judge Dredd territory, with random people who have read something in The Sun meting out summary justice. I have seen what they did, as I studied it for my degree. It was horrific and has stuck with me ever since. The name change has prevented a mob going round murdering people and ending up in prison themselves. You could form an argument for the death penalty for child murderers ( but even in medieval times, 10 year olds were not given the death penalty) but as the law is the way it is, people need to be protected from being the subject of mob justice, no matter how disgusting they are. Venables should also never be released now, as he has committed related offences and breached his licence.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I put him on ignore, the 1st and only time I've ever done it as he was making me feel distinctly queasy and a while later I noticed I had someone with a different username and wondered if it was him. I don't know if Tattle allow username changes however
I put him on mute too as his mixture of caps lock and poorly written fantasies about women over the age of 70 were distracting me from any real sleb gossip.

I’m popping in here to say you lot inspired me to look up Cliff’s Wired for Sound.

Bastards.
I once suffered a seizure whilst watching Cliff's 'Wired For Sound' video on an episode of TOTP, it was the same night as Prince died. Bizarre.

I completely agree, it's a horrible case.

Reactions: 10
But, as someone said above, Thomson has led a law abiding life since and seems to have been rehabilitated. If their names hadn't been changed, they would both almost certainly have been killed by now. Then what do you do with their murderers? Let them go even though they have committed the same crime? Then you end up in Judge Dredd territory, with random people who have read something in The Sun meting out summary justice. I have seen what they did, as I studied it for my degree. It was horrific and has stuck with me ever since. The name change has prevented a mob going round murdering people and ending up in prison themselves. You could form an argument for the death penalty for child murderers ( but even in medieval times, 10 year olds were not given the death penalty) but as the law is the way it is, people need to be protected from being the subject of mob justice, no matter how disgusting they are. Venables should also never be released now, as he has committed related offences and breached his licence.

BIB Agree! 100% (and also with the rest of it. ) The judge should never have released their names. The whole thing was misnanaged from the off and is still mismanged today.

Reactions: 21
He was still around in some capacity up until November 14th but I don’t think he has actively posted for many months
Yeah, I think he disappeared, probably because people got a bit fed up of his style of posting and his rather grim fantasies.

Reactions: 7
I get what your saying but some people deserve mob justice. If you can't take the heat don't torture 2 year old babies to death. Give them the same mercy they showed James. I'm sure it helps Denise and Ralph to sleep easier at night knowing Roberts gone on to live his best life - the life James had brutally snuffed out from him. I will respectively agree to disagree.

Reactions: 21
Yeah, I think he disappeared, probably because people got a bit fed up of his style of posting and his rather grim fantasies.
He said something about having an erection at the age of 7 watching Cilla (I think) which finished me off

• Sick
  • Wow
I get what your saying but some people deserve mob justice. If you can't take the heat don't torture 2 year old babies to death. Give them the same mercy they showed James. I'm sure it helps Denise and Ralph to sleep easier at night knowing Roberts gone on to live his best life - the life James had brutally snuffed out from him. I will respectively agree to disagree.
The problem is a lot of mob mentality people aren't all that bright and end up seeing something on Facebook or someone with the same name and just go after them. Or anyone they think is 'odd'.

Reactions: 31
The problem is a lot of mob mentality people aren't all that bright and end up seeing something on Facebook or someone with the same name and just go after them. Or anyone they think is 'odd'.
Exactly. There have been people drummed out of their homes because they looked a bit like someone else or because of false rumours in the community, or because they thought a paediatrician was a paedophile!

Reactions: 28
There was a poor woman in wales somewhere who had her house set alight because somebody had heard a paedophile lived there. She was a paediatrician. Some people are thick

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Hard agree. The murder of James Bulger was horrific and nobody will ever forget it. But it was committed by two primary school aged children. You read the reports about Thompson's home life and it's sickening. He'd never known anything but violence. He was beaten up by his older brothers constantly. We're not talking sibling squabbles. He was regularly bitten, punched, kicked and hospitalised with broken bones. It's possible to feel both desperately sorry for James's family but also glad that Thompson was young enough to be rehabilitated and lead a decent life.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
He said something about having an erection at the age of 7 watching Cilla (I think) which finished me off
Quoting myself but even but Cliff wouldn't be that depraved. Even Daniel O'donnell wouldn't be that depraved

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We do need to protect the identities of children who commit crimes - even terrible crimes. In most countries Venables and Thompson wouldn't have even been prosecuted. We had a lower age of criminal responsibility even than Russia and China and large parts of Africa.

Completely understand the anger about the horrible death they inflicted on James - if I was Denise Fergus I'd want those boys locked up forever but how we dealt with the case has basically become the boiler plate for what NOT to do when children kill. They shouldn't have been tried as adults and they shouldn't have been named in the first place.

Reactions: 26
Quoting myself but even but Cliff wouldn't be that depraved. Even Daniel O'donnell wouldn't be that depraved
Oh, I don't know - that O'Donnell is a a crazy so-and-so once the nuns have been tucked up in bed.

1670677207584.png

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Exactly. There have been people drummed out of their homes because they looked a bit like someone else or because of false rumours in the community, or because they thought a paediatrician was a paedophile!
Exactly. You can never open the door to mob justice. People are too stupid and too malicious.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Poor James’ murder is still the most shocking and always will be. If you’ve ever read precisely what they did to him it will never leave you.

duck new identities. duck protecting them. They deserved to have exactly what they did to him done to them.
I have read about the murders in the paper but I don’t think the papers printed all of what happened to poor James as it was too disturbing to print. I remember James mum saying in a program that she found about fully what they had done to him in court. The pain and grief is still very much with her and she was denied justice for her child.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.