Secret Celebrity Gossip #85

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I met Pauline Quirk when I was on vacation with my Grandparents. I must have been.. 8 or 9. I'm 37 just now. My Gran kept hinting that they could be twins and she wouldn't come out and say she was.. But she was. She knew we knew but it was just one of those unspoken things.
I’m confused - are your gran & PQ actually twins? I’m not sure what you mean by “she wouldn't come out and say she was.. But she was. She knew we knew but it was just one of those unspoken things.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I was on holiday in 1989 in Portugal. The bar I went to was near Cliff Richard’s apartment at the time. He shared the apartment with his 17/18 year old boyfriend according to locals. At the time (wrongly) the age of consent for gay men was 21 in the UK.
"The young ones
Cliff, he likes the the young ones
And young ones
they should be afraid..."

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ugh. I knew they'll get their hands on it eventually. AM is one of my favourite shows of all time and I have no doubt they'll genz-ify and ruin its legacy.

Yes, all the quirks that made AM what it was will be ironed out for fear of causing offence.

Reactions: 5
Yep, really it is. It's a form of congenital thyroid deficiency, resulting in life long developmental delays and physical challenges. Which is why it is/was used as slang for stupid-acting people.

Some people still use it but it genuinely should be retired, IMHO.
I was told off for using the term back in the 1970s when it was explained to me; I've never used it since. I hate the US use of '******' too.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Many years ago, terms like cretin, idiot, moron & imbecile were genuine descriptors in an old version of the Mental Health Act & denote various grades of disability/IQ … thankfully we have moved on
IIRC Imbecile had a slightly different meaning in terms of what disabilities it referred to, compared to the others.

Reactions: 1
I’m confused - are your gran & PQ actually twins? I’m not sure what you mean by “she wouldn't come out and say she was.. But she was. She knew we knew but it was just one of those unspoken things.”

Ah you have put into words what I couldn't!! I read original post and there was too much to unpack! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I was quite taken back by this pairing, never put them together as a couple in a million years. Alison is a cool rock chick and Damian has tiny little mouth and lips. I couldn’t kiss him 😂
They do look like a mismatch.

But opposites attract…

Reactions: 3
I read that as Pauline Quirke was refusing to admit that she was Pauline Quirke, so the gran had said something like, 'Oh, you look just like Pauline Quirke, you could be twins..'

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I was quite taken back by this pairing, never put them together as a couple in a million years. Alison is a cool rock chick and Damian has tiny little mouth and lips. I couldn’t kiss him 😂
I can’t watch anything with Damian Lewis as his little mouth astounds me. I keep wondering how he manages to feed himself or go to the dentist.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Why is the DM running so many articles on Bennifers famous exes who weren’t at the wedding? Why the fudge would they want to go? Headline grabbing bullshit as usual

Reactions: 24
Why is the DM running so many articles on Bennifers famous exes who weren’t at the wedding? Why the fudge would they want to go? Headline grabbing bullshit as usual
They are looking for heartbreak where there is none. They were on Jennifer Anniston’s back for years. The media seemed more heartbroken at their split than JA herself.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.