Secret Celebrity Gossip #83

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How stupid was Vardy suing and thinking that her masterful invention of the Advisor dropping her phone in the North Sea would not literally be laughed out of court. I am sure Colleen actually tried to settle by asking for an apology unless I dreamt that of course.
I read somewhere that Colleen wanted to settle (several times) but Vardy was also insisting on a public apology, which Colleen refused to do. So not only did Vardy sell stories on her, she also wanted to humiliate Colleen. Nasty piece of work.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
I remember when he was a little tween cutie, tipped for massive success in the States.

View attachment 1457174

His sister Ali also had some success in the US in a presenting role. Then his mum appeared on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills as a friend of Yolanda when Cody was dating Gigi ... I feel like the whole family was on the tip of 'making it' but didn't quite get to that point or something.

Good on him for doing something different ... it sounds like he's been putting the hard work into his swimming, so is as deserving as a spot in the games as anyone else.

She doesn't seem 'all there' - it's all very strange.
Normal reaction would be oh no, from my account? I will look into this

EDIT: I thought we were talking about Vardy & quoted incorrectly, my first cup of coffee of the morning is required - obviously!! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don’t understand RV ever imagined she was going to win that case or why she even went to court in the first place. She hadn’t a leg to stand on. It was so obvious from the outset that she was guilty of what CR had accused her of.
It’s basically the Dunning Kruger effect in action, whereby stupid people don’t realise how stupid they are, because they’re too dim to realise how little they know as compared to other people:

“The Dunning-Kruger effect, in psychology, is a cognitive bias whereby people with limited knowledge or competence in a given intellectual or social domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to objective criteria or to the performance of their peers or of people in general.”

So as far as RV was concerned, the obfuscation of evidence was foolproof because she, being an utter fool, found it plausible so assumed other people would too.

It’s unfortunate for her that everyone else involved in the case was a good bit brighter than she is. 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
It’s basically the Dunning Kruger effect in action, whereby stupid people don’t realise how stupid they are, because they’re too dim to realise how little they know as compared to other people:

“The Dunning-Kruger effect, in psychology, is a cognitive bias whereby people with limited knowledge or competence in a given intellectual or social domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to objective criteria or to the performance of their peers or of people in general.”

So as far as RV was concerned, the obfuscation of evidence was foolproof because she, being an utter fool, found it plausible so assumed other people would too.

It’s unfortunate for her that everyone else involved in the case was a good bit brighter than she is. 😁
There is also a bit of a Streisand effect where a phenomenon that occurs when an attempt to hide, remove, or censor information has the unintended consequence of increasing awareness of that information. If she had just denied it, people would have probably forgotten it by now.

Reactions: 25
I wonder if RV thinks it was worth it esp as the stories she leaked were so boring about rooms flooding lol

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Looking at Kylie on the Neighbours finale last night made me realise how ridiculous she looks. Especially stood next to the actress who plays Jane, who must be about the same age and hasn’t resorted to Botox, fillers and the other stretching procedures.

Reactions: 49
So she decided to join RHOC to add a bit more stress to her life???!!!🙄

Reactions: 1
Looking at Kylie on the Neighbours finale last night made me realise how ridiculous she looks. Especially stood next to the actress who plays Jane, who must be about the same age and hasn’t resorted to Botox, fillers and the other stretching procedures.
I actually said yesterday. Shes starting to look old and haggard. Still very pretty, but its catching up with her all the same.

Reactions: 20
I wonder if RV thinks it was worth it esp as the stories she leaked were so boring about rooms flooding lol
If she'd had any kind of street smarts she'd have rationed herself and spread the net wider for spilling the goss, but I guess this kind of thing is what passed for a 'career' and she felt powerful. Trashing people with her agent probably became quite addictive.

On being exposed, if she'd have explained that various other people had access to her account and apologised, saying she'd change her passwords and review procedures, then it really would've been a two day wonder, tops. Instead she pinned herself as an untruthful, back stabbing and malicious frenemy exposed by her own words. Not only that, but the multiple, devious and unbelievable mishaps to various pieces of evidence holding equipment, showed her as duplicitous and dismissive of the people examining the case.

So the clear reputational winners are the Rooneys and I think they'll feel whatever the financial cost, it was worth it, although Colleen's dignified statement made it clear that the whole court case was a massive waste of time and money. Am sure she'll now be in demand and lots of new opportunities will crop up for her to pick and choose from. The losers are both of the Vardys, Caroline Watt, who knows the affect this has all had on her and potentially the Vardy children. This has been all over the media and is going to stay on line for all time. It's not the worst scandal, but she's certainly shown them all up.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I thought exactly the same. It made me glad I’m too poor to be able to afford cosmetic procedures! The actresses (like Annie Jones) who appear to have not bothered with plastic surgery look far better than those who have, IMHO. I found the clip of Natalie Imbruglia and Holly Candy. I didn’t recognise Natalie Imbruglia at first! She seems to have had a lot of work done too.

Reactions: 20
I thought exactly the same. It made me glad I’m too poor to be able to afford cosmetic procedures! The actresses (like Annie Jones) who appear to have not bothered with plastic surgery look far better than those who have, IMHO. I found the clip of Natalie Imbruglia and Holly Candy. I didn’t recognise Natalie Imbruglia at first! She seems to have had a lot of work done too.

Natalie Imbruglia has totally ruined her face

Reactions: 30
Do fillers feel like normal tissue or do they feel different? If you have lip fillers, are your lips still as sensitive as before?

Reactions: 6
I actually said yesterday. Shes starting to look old and haggard. Still very pretty, but its catching up with her all the same.
Agreed, she's still very pretty, but you can tell her age now. She'd be better avoiding the botox and whatever though.

Reactions: 6
The losers are both of the Vardys, Caroline Watt, who knows the affect this has all had on her and potentially the Vardy children. This has been all over the media and is going to stay on line for all time. It's not the worst scandal, but she's certainly shown them all up.
Yes, I agree. And what kind of career could Caroline Watt have as an agent now?

Reactions: 13

Would actually have to channel Abi or Lisa and ask "who are you?" If I saw her now.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
And we still are. A link that starts "psychic gossip" is not a link I'll be clicking. So a "psychic" has it all worked out? 🙄 Sorry, I am massively against people frauding and robbing people under the guise of being "psychic". Derren Brown has promised a million pounds to anyone that can prove they are psychic and quelle surprise, the money is unclaimed. Should be simple enough if psychics are genuine.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
And we still are. A link that starts "psychic gossip" is not a link I'll be clicking. So a "psychic" has it all worked out? 🙄 Sorry, I am massively against people frauding and robbing people under the guise of being "psychic". Derren Brown has promised a million pounds to anyone that can prove they are psychic and quelle surprise, the money is unclaimed. Should be simple enough if psychics are genuine.
Fair enough. He's from my neck of the woods even though he's now in the USA. As he speaks his mind he doesn't naturally fit into the manufactured woke culture. He makes me laugh and he's been good for me down the betting shop. 😁

• Sick
Reactions: 9

Yeah, agreed. & crystal meth is not a regular prescription medication IMVHO.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.