Secret Celebrity Gossip #80

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if there would ever be a sitcom featuring four ladies based on the urban myths set say in the 80s/90s!?

I never realized that Joe Swift's father (Gardener's World) played Hyacinth's husband.
I knew when I first saw Joe there was something very familiar about his face, and now I cannot unsee it.

Reactions: 11
I wonder if there would ever be a sitcom featuring four ladies based on the urban myths set say in the 80s/90s!?

I knew when I first saw Joe there was something very familiar about his face, and now I cannot unsee it.
Oh, I'd love that!
They kind of tried something similar with 'The Brighton Belles', the UK's answer to 'The Golden Girls' but it kind of flopped partly because it tried too hard to echo the GGs.

Brighton Belles

However, something involving the 'urban myths' of that era could be very edgy indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Maybe with a bit of Russell T Davis input!

Reactions: 4

No I agree. Their relationship is not in that category. ,

Reactions: 3
Talking of KUA, and possibly cross pollenting with the “bygone celebs” thread by @Pipsy the lady that played Hyacinth’s sister Daisy was a BABE in her youth…

Reactions: 9
Lady of the Manor haha what a joke. She had a potty mouth when she was born that one

Reactions: 4
Is it true that Patricia Routledge and Pam St Clement (Hyacinth from KOA and Pat from Eastenders respectively) were lovers? I kept hearing this one at school as an 'urban legend' but maybe it was true
Not sure about Pam, but Routledge was in a long term relationship with Betty Boothroyd when she was speaker of House of Commons. They lived together in the official apartment.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.