Secret Celebrity Gossip #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for the below. To the original poster laughing at Susan Boyle for needing help - saying a an autistic person has no right to perform, because they need support, with a spiteful little ‘jokey’ face was really nasty. Shame on you.

I’m also autistic, and I’m sad that you see her difficulties as a reason why she shouldn’t have had her fantastically successful career. Just because she needs extra help and support to perform doesn’t mean she shouldn’t be allowed to do it.

It’s clear from interviews that she’s a very intelligent woman, and not “clueless” at all. Autistic people struggle to understand how to behave socially, which is why she doesn’t know how to present herself on stage. She simplifies it by just letting her team tell her the ideal moment to go onstage, then staying still the whole time so she doesn’t have to worry about interactions or displaying the correct body language/movements.

Meltdowns are a standard part of autism and not a reason why she should be hidden away. They happen when we are overwhelmed with too much to think about, or otherwise overstimulated.

I just want to add that people are all for autism acceptance, but ONLY for the token super-high-functioning late diagnosed people who don’t look autistic and have normal lives, and the super rare savant geniuses.

God forbid if you’re an ordinary autistic person who actually looks autistic.

Reactions: 6
I know that I’ve already posted about how I met Joanne Beckham, but I also had a funny encounter with David...
So, many years ago, I used to work as a receptionist for a very well known nightclub. And I was very busy selling tickets for an upcoming event, and I get a phone call from a man with a very squeaky voice, said he was DB, and wanted tickets to this upcoming event for his sister. Well, I told him to “duck off, wanker” or words to that effect, as we always used to get people winding us up on the phone. This happened several more times, with me telling him to duck off and hanging up, until my boss came down to reception...Apparently, it really WAS David Beckham!! And the girl I worked with had put him through to the manager when I was on my break. The manager told me that he was going to call back, and that I should apologise to him for calling him a wanker...Well he did ring back, and I had to apologise and say “I’m sure you’re not a bleeping wanker, but please understand that we get calls like this all the time!!” He was actually really nice, and found the whole thing quite funny, he said he hoped that I hadn’t got into trouble (I didn’t) and I sold him the tickets for his sister. I did cheekily ask him for his mobile number, but he just laughed and said “Maybe next time”!!! When I told my mates, they were like “Didn’t you recognise his voice?” And, in hindsight, yes he did sound like his balls hadn’t dropped, but I was positive that it was a wind up!! My family and friends have never let me forget the time I called David Beckham a bleeping wanker, and said that it’s probably one of the only times a girl has put the phone down on him!!
And when I met Joanne a few years later, i didn’t bring it up!! Sorry it’s not a “juicy” story, but thought I’d chuck it in anyway!! 😜
I think you were right the first time

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve just remembered the late Liz Smith aka Nanna Royle was a regular at our local Waitrose as she lived in a retirement flat a road away. She used to be pushed around in a wheelchair pointing to what she wanted and had the poshest accent ever. I used to want to shout “Barbara!” .

I loved Liz Smith, she died on Christmas Eve 2016 and George Michael died the next day so it was a bit overshadowed. Same thing happened with Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve just remembered the late Liz Smith aka Nanna Royle was a regular at our local Waitrose as she lived in a retirement flat a road away. She used to be pushed around in a wheelchair pointing to what she wanted and had the poshest accent ever. I used to want to shout “Barbara!” .
You've reminded just how much I loved that. Such a heartwarming comedy the Royale Family. Hahaha her and Jim when they got together it was always him getting woundup by her and then he was so sad when she died. Great characters.
Yes I cried watching that and admittedly I watched that episode many times. Loved that show!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You've reminded just how much I loved that. Such a heartwarming comedy the Royale Family. Hahaha her and Jim when they got together it was always him getting woundup by her and then he was so sad when she died. Great characters.
Yes I cried watching that and admittedly I watched that episode many times. Loved that show!
I agree, such a brilliant program me, fantastically well-observed and so many class actors. Poor Caroline Aherne, a comedy genius definitely taken too soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We’ve re-watched quite a few episodes throughout lockdown including the one where she dies and it’s absolutely heartbreaking to watch, it really catches what people are like and family relationships, Caroline Aherne was such a clever writer

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Following on from the “who you used to fancy posts”, I have to say that in another life I was madly in love with Ian Brown from The Stone Roses, and Johnny Marr from The Smiths. Both were heartbreakingly beautiful to me..😍 “Sighs”..
Not to brag (but I’m going to anyway.... I’ve met both 😀. My daughter used to go to nursery (a long time ago) with Johnny Marrs daughter and we’ve had play dates at his house. Ian Brown I’ve met a few times in the local beauty spot, I think he lives nearby.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
We’ve re-watched quite a few episodes throughout lockdown including the one where she dies and it’s absolutely heartbreaking to watch, it really catches what people are like and family relationships, Caroline Aherne was such a clever writer
I’m honestly like stone with television drama and husband is worse than me but that episode of The Royle Family dissolved both of us. She was an incredible writer.

I will always remember Nick stripping off to wash his Levi’s...😍. Obviously, he’s much older now, but I prefer to think of him in his prime...😉
Kinda feel sorry for the teenagers these days. The pop stars and models in the 80s were pretty, pretty boys. All the kids have now are idiots, hipsters and the likes of Lewis Capaldi. 80s stars had no Twitter/SM and kept some (most) of themselves back to let our imaginations do the rest. John Taylor of Duran Duran is monumentally dull IRL but none of us knew that back then.

Slebs are so fake worthy these days. It’s dull.

Anyone watching the Kemps faux-cumentary on BBC2? After about a minute in, I felt my heart sink. I'm getting the feeling that they thought they would copy the Goss brothers documentary - but that was serious and unintentionally funny. Were they off their heads?

Watched it and enjoyed it. I saw it as a pisstake of Bros, themselves and Hadley.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Beautifully written and delivered .... Nanna was so tiny IRL and everyone left her to it not raising an eyebrow from studying the smoked salmon or the Pinot .... I was probably the only one phoning my other half gushing Nanna was in Waitrose probably saw her 5/6 times ..... and no I’m not bragging I shop in Waitrose it’s just that it’s my local shop .... you’ll find me at Aldi for the big one 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The documentary is insane, Matt needs to leave off the Botox, Luke has aged much better
I saw Matt’s show in Las Vegas this year (late Jan) - loved his act! Got to shake his hand at one point when he goes out and mingles with the audience. Agree re the Botox - but it’s v Vegas, where nothing is quite real 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
Also saw Derek Acorah wandering around town before the start of one of his shows (the one from Mary loves Dick fame). Beautifully dressed and groomed. Went to his show that night and just sank in my chair hoping late Aunt Mary or my Grandad didn’t “come through” ..... I just went for intrigue/scepticism.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I heard Marty Pellow was gay "I feel it in my fingers" it was probably a big fat cock.
And OMD s singer and Richard Bacon too
Omd singer was a twit. He thought he was so much better than the rest of the band. He wasnt. And was mad when the songs he didn’t sing got more applause. I had a fun night in a hotel bar with them. Paul was always so much nicer. he played the piano and sang while andy looked annoyed. It is hilarious in retrospect.

Steve Bing's girlfriend 'urged him to expose paedophile pal Jeffery Epstein'
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/steve-bings-late-girlfriend-urged-22269473
The plot thickens. Bet Maxwell’s arse is twitching!
Gasps audibly....
holy crap.
is it all linked?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Back to Dane & posh, I don't think anything happened but apparently he was a bit obsessed with her and was all "Victoria this, Victoria that" with jordan which obvs pissed her off greatly.

Kinda feel sorry for the teenagers these days. The pop stars and models in the 80s were pretty, pretty boys. All the kids have now are idiots, hipsters and the likes of Lewis Capaldi. 80s stars had no Twitter/SM and kept some (most) of themselves back to let our imaginations do the rest. John Taylor of Duran Duran is monumentally dull IRL but none of us knew that back then.

Slebs are so fake worthy these days. It’s dull.

Watched it and enjoyed it. I saw it as a pisstake of Bros, themselves and Hadley.
Agree totally. Going even further back, David Cassidy, David Essex, Peter Frampton (look them up youngsters!) and the like were all so gorgeous. Not up themselves with their own importance and had a good sense of humour. More importantly could actually sing in tune without auto tune, perform live and write their own songs!! Ahh the old days....sigh

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.