Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Reverend

VIP Member
No need, I don't think anyone will confuse the two. Everyone knows that Ted Rodgers was a very witty poet and playwright with a thing for young boys whereas Oscar Wilde was briefly famous for hosting a cheesy 1970s game show.
Yeah, but could Oscar Wilde do the 3-2-1 flourish right without appearing to swear at you? No, that's why Ted Rogers will always be of a higher cultural significance.....

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Handerton

Chatty Member
The Turner-Websters continued to spend £35k a year on private schools but couldn’t afford their rented house any more so lived in Travelodges with their sons, occasionally sleeping in their car. WTF???

Apparently Wendy and Anthea aren’t speaking because Wendy borrowed so much money from Anthea and can’t/won’t pay it back. I can imagine how Anthea would be annoyed if Wendy was continuing to spaff £35k a year on private schools instead of paying her back, particularly since Anthea and Grant Bovey appear to have jointly gone bankrupt before splitting up.

Thank you, Turner sisters, for your outstanding contribution to gossip. You and your husbands.
I’ve done some finance work for private schools over the past decade. Many of them are in dire straights. Lots of parents default on fees making just token payments when pressed, promising to pay up “when my business gets back on its feet”. For the schools they have two choices: Chuck the kids out, lowering their numbers, which are already at all time lows, and have prospective new parents wondering why the school has so few pupils, or keep on hoping at least some of the parents will one day pay up. Wouldn’t be surprised if these two have massive school fee debts outstanding. And of course because falling numbers make the industry competitive, there’s often another school that will take the kids with an initial payment and then they too will be chasing money owed within six months

The school they are leaving won’t/can’t tell their competitors they are owed thousands, the new school thinks they are doing a great job recruiting new pupils. Lots of private schools have closed or are closing for this exact reason.

• Wow
  • Heart

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
My 'lame to fame' (apart from once having had a drink with the guy who walked Roy Keane dog for him) was that I was once on plane to New Zealand with Bryan Ferry. Believe it or not when we got over Turkey(or something), the captain announced that the toilet were malfunctioning and we(e) had to hold it in until we got to Hong Kong, as there was a possibility they would explode if more pressure was exerted. I was imagining the headlines 'Bryan Ferry killed by exploding shit'.
The thought of holding a wee in from from Turkey to Hong Kong is actually stressing me out 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
My opinion is that he was a gross child molester, but a lot of people who have felt connected through his music don’t want that to be true
This is my opinion as well.

One of my cousins got so angry with me on FB when I posted about how revolted I was by the Neverland by documentary and said how he was no different to Savile. She’s effectively brainwashed her five year old son to become a fan and he often dresses up as. MJ and does routines which she films and shares. Makes me feel VERY uncomfortable and I feel like calling her out, but what’s the point really? They just don’t want to hear the truth.

• Sick
  • Wow

kjuk

Does anyone remember Rhys Ifans? He was Spike in Notting Hill, and was a part of Kate Moss’s set.
So, having not heard much about him recently, I decided to do a bit of digging. And, it’s not good...
Rhys is an actor, producer and musician. And in 2006 to 2008 was in the band The Super Furry Animals, he also sang with a band called Peth, which featured his old band mate from SFA, Dafydd Ieuan. In 2009, Peth actually supported Oasis at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, and in 2005, Rhys made a guest appearance in the Oasis video for “The Importance of being idle”, so far so good..
In 2008, Rhys Ifans, was interviewed for Q Radio, the interview went out live, and Rhys was asked to comment on a track by a band called The Gutter Twins, he expressed his enthusiasm by saying “Its Kind Of Like Being Date Raped-Which I Like”...
He was asked to issue a public apology to the thousands of victims of drug related sex crimes, but he never did. Also, Rhys was attending a charity concert, that was raising money for children who have been victims of prostitution, and sex trafficking, when he said - to the utter revulsion of the guests, “Why is Pedophillia so popular?” And then answered his own question by saying “Because Kids Are So Fucking Sexy”....
Again, he never apologised. But even if he did, I doubt that someone who is capable of making such vile and disgusting remarks, would ever be sorry...
What an absolutely vile vile man (sorry- CUNT!!)
He lived near me when he was living with Anna Friel. He looks like he needs a good wash and nearly always had the same outfit on. I don't think the bloke gives two shits about anything! I saw him walking back to her house one afternoon and the dirtbag launched two empty beer cans over his shoulder on to the pavement then he stuffed an empty crisp packet down behind one of those electricity boxes (house was literally no more than 10 meters away). We were driving along one night when he just walked straight out in front of our car, making us slam on the brakes. My husband beeped at them (she was with him) and she scuttled across the road looking mortified while he just stared at us and carried on swaggering across at snail's pace like some wannabe rockstar. Everyone round there has parking permits but he just used to abandon his car at the local pub opposite the Long Walk. You have to pay to park there if you're not a customer but he never did. My brother rang me one day and said "just seen Rhys Ifans in town again, he didn't seem to notice that his thong was sticking out above his skinny jeans".

• Haha
  • Sick

Very traditional

VIP Member
The thing is I can totally believe nothing happened to McAuley Culkin, he was a celebrity in his own right with his own manager and team to look out for him whereas all the other children were from families desperate for fame and money and attention which I’m sure would make their children much more vulnerable. If McAuley had been abused and spoken out it would have been questioned, not brushed under the carpet so it would have been far more risky for MJ than the other kids he spent time with.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
There are all sorts of sinister rumours about Cindy Crawford and her husband. They were alleged to have been involved in some kind of pedophile/grooming ring and Hayden Panettiere was rumoured to have been one of their victims. There used to be a huge thread on LipstickAlley about it, they were also blackmailed by an ex nanny who claimed to have a photo of Kaia bound and gagged and tied to a chair. She’d have only been about ten at the time.

• Wow
  • Sad

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
I think Michael Jackson was a child abuser. I have all the evidence I need. It cost him millions of dollars to keep things on the road. That’s a lot of money for a harmless liking for a grown man to have sleepovers with young boys and relive his lost childhood.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

FunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Well the stories printed were fake ones. And I’m pretty sure there would be potential legal consequences if I sold a story to a paper claiming Mr Tumble had a three some with Grotbags and Zippy from Rainbow
Handerton are you spilling the hottest tea yet here??!!!

• Haha

FreeSquirrels

There was no need for Kaia Gerber to start working at 12 or 14 or even 18. Cindy got into Northwestern to do chemical engineering which is a really tough course having finished top of her school year. She then chose as an adult to drop out & become a model. V different to being sent out to model mid-teens.

• Heart

lamaitresse

VIP Member
I think I might be the only person left on earth who still thinks he was somehow mentally trapped in childhood and didn’t do the things he was accused of.
I’ve seen the documentary, and I believe that because of the way he would pick people (Boys) up and drop them when a new favourite came along, that the allegations were borne out of bitterness - they got used to being the centre of his attention and the fame/lifestyle and couldn’t handle it when he ditched them - and that the accusers are so convincing because they’ve been repeating it over and over for so many years.
I’m not even a big MJ fan, and no doubt he was messed up, but I just do not believe that he was an abuser. I don’t think there’s any concrete evidence is there?!
You sound like my ex-friend (we didn't fall out over the MJ subject, fwiw).

Why would a grown man want unsupervised sleepovers with young boys? Why would he throw money at their parents? If he truly loved these children and had no sinister motives he could easily have kept it to day trips to Disney or shopping expeditions or whatever he fancied and kept the boundaries safe and respectful, as an ADULT. He had POWER and INFLUENCE, don't forget, people are blinded by that - children are not streetwise about adults and are trusting and go along with their decisions - not to mention he had buckets of cash at the height of his fame, and his status meant he could get VIP treatment.

It must have felt very exciting and flattering to be MJ's "best friend", stepping into his world, with all the thrills and once-in-a-lifetime experiences it brought. A child wouldn't know how to process all that, never mind the physical and emotional lines being crossed by someone they trusted.

Surely a parent would find it a bit weird that they were getting a fancy car, a new house, bills paid, trips abroad, just because MJ took a liking to their little boy? And then slowly becoming isolated from their child? As I often say to people, a true friend wants nothing but your time - if you have to "buy" their interest, something is wrong.

I made the comparison before - Liberace too would acquire a new favourite pretty young thing* (who he lavished in gifts at first) then grow bored when they (probably) got too demanding, too old or the thrill of the chase wore off (I've read Scott Thorson's biography as well as watched Behind The Candleabra). Usually they'd get paid off and served a gagging order - in Thorson's case he was pretty much forcably thrown out due to his drug addiction. Not all famous gay men are like this, and those men were of age, but that was a similar-ish pattern.

MJ's ex-assistant said that was true enough, that young boys would play off against each other to be the favourite or make up stories to get people fired just for a laugh (and I'm sure adults trying to be a famous person's number one do the same, in more devious ways). But just as that doesn't prove abuse, how can you prove they were NOT abused?

It's very common in a celeb's inner circle for people to battle over being top dog, playing power games. This proves zero.

MJ's public image was just that - an illusion, like other famous people. The gentle, little boy act disappeared when he was off-duty. There are recordings of him using his much-deeper everyday voice, not the squeaky, child-like one. It was an act to appear harmless and non-threatening to get what he wanted and shape the persona he wished others to see. He could be very manipulative and callous when he wanted.

Why you don't find this all very unusual is beyond me.

*Weirdly, MJ wrote a song called "PYT" - Pretty Young Thing! And probably the campest song ever, "Muscles" by Diana Ross.

Last edited:
  • Heart