Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Falkor

VIP Member
I had to listen to two very long interviews with James Safechuck and Wade Robson for work purposes, the day after Leaving Neverland was shown at Sundance. I believe them both. James in particular came over as still incredibly fragile about the whole experience and I think he's still in therapy, whereas Wade seems to have been able to move on more. Some of the documentary was cut to fit it into 2 hours with ad breaks on Channel 4 in the UK and one of the bits they didn't show here were the screeds and screeds of faxes Michael Jackson sent Wade, expressing his love for him.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Are these performing arts schools some sort of tax racket? I remember when Pauline Quirke had one, always see the adverts on the back of a bus.
My daughter went to one , it was a franchise called PQA ( Pauline Quirke Academy) it was shite. Just lots of kids being sold a dream that was never going to happen. My daughter doesn’t need any help with the drama, shes got plenty of it!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The thing is I can totally believe nothing happened to McAuley Culkin, he was a celebrity in his own right with his own manager and team to look out for him whereas all the other children were from families desperate for fame and money and attention which I’m sure would make their children much more vulnerable. If McAuley had been abused and spoken out it would have been questioned, not brushed under the carpet so it would have been far more risky for MJ than the other kids he spent time with.
The thing is, no one knows for sure that Macaulay Culkin wasn’t abused by Michael Jackson. As I said, I read an interview with him, and he was blaming his drug addiction on his “friendship” with Michael Jackson. Also, if Macaulay had said that he WAS abused by MJ, that pretty much would have been the end of his career. Hollywood May be a town full of vile perverts, but look at what happens when anyone speaks out against them, Corey Feldman is a good example, he has spoken about his experience, but its unlikely that he will get another movie role..
In my opinion Michael Jackson did abuse Macaulay Culkin, and he became a drug addict because of what happened to him. MJ was no better than Saville, he preyed on innocent young boys, whose families were so fucking “Star Struck” by his celebrity, and ended up handing their kids over because they trusted him, he was Michael Jackson!! The biggest star in the world!! And he lived in a Theme Park!! He groomed entire family’s, and he destroyed the lives of countless children. Good job he’s dead.

• Heart

thisyearsboy

Allegedly she did it several times. According to a mate who worked as a roadie in the 1990s, Shirley and a guy in her previous band (Goodbye Mr McKenzie) used to have a competition to outgross each other and Shirley's thing was crapping in bowls of cornflakes when they stayed in hotels whilst out on tour.

The Canadian singer Tori Amos was good friends with Shirley and apparently wrote the song "Cornflake Girl" about her.
This might be my favourite piece of information I’ve learned in 18 of these celeb gossip threads. 😂

• Haha

Swipeuptobuy

VIP Member
What Pauline? She’s a very shrewd business woman buy all accounts, has put her wealth into a large property portfolio. Can’t see that the performing arts school brings in much though, although it’s a franchise so she’s the name and has very little involvement.
My daughter attended for 5 years, and then went on to be a helper and met Pauline a few times. It’s not about making children into great actors it’s more about giving them confidence. My daughter was very shy and going every Saturday really helped with her confidence. She even got to performer twice at the London Palladium!!

• Heart

Won’t you have a cup

Ooh the best autobiography I read, was Jodie Marsh’s. I know she’s hardly a zleb, and I’m really not a fan, but her book is actually really really funny. You’ll probably find it in any charity shop’s bargain bin 😉😂😂
Keeping It Real by Jodie Marsh is THE BEST sleb autobiography I have ever read. Ever. I passed it around my work colleagues and we all loved it. Particularly the details of Fran Cosgrave’s skidmarked pants.

• Haha
  • Sick

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
Wasn’t there some drama about David Van Day taking over Bucks Fizz? I remember seeing a documentary about it, and DVD was working on a burger stall somewhere on the south coast (I think) Does anyone know about the documentary and what is was called? As I’d love to see it again!!!
I just remember coach trip where Cheryl baker and David Van day were on opposing teams and she voted him off saying “I’m not sorry, it’s completely personal” - proper beef there!

• Haha
  • Heart

Reverend

VIP Member
I was nosing about him today as he is rather dashing, he married his 2nd wife Amanda something and they split up as he didn't want kids and at 32 she did, surely they must have discussed that before getting married. Wonder if he decided against it after getting his leg over with a pretty young lass 🤷‍♀️

Everytime I see someone posting about his slim, slender appendage it reminds me of an ex. I always thought of him as having a fish bone appendage as it felt weird and skinny. It didn't last as he was seeing other girls 🙈🙈
My 'lame to fame' (apart from once having had a drink with the guy who walked Roy Keane dog for him) was that I was once on plane to New Zealand with Bryan Ferry. Believe it or not when we got over Turkey(or something), the captain announced that the toilet were malfunctioning and we(e) had to hold it in until we got to Hong Kong, as there was a possibility they would explode if more pressure was exerted. I was imagining the headlines 'Bryan Ferry killed by exploding shit'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

strange addiction

Im not surprised by this actually. I think Piers puts on an act, and Ruth and Eamon have always seemed genuinely nice people.
I have to agree, Eamon is sooo nice. I work where he use to live and he always replies to my DMs on twitter especially if it's for the good of the area and agreed to do a video message when I was making the area dementia friendly (unfortunately I contacted him too late) I offered to check in on his mum during the pandemic

Also I dont think people 'get' Eamonns sense of humour. Belfast people can sound very dry & witty but people can mistake it for rudeness. I've no doubt hes has his days like all of us (like the day im having today where if someone looks at me wrong I'm going to throat punch them but thankfully in not on TV for people to see my bad mood!)

• Heart
Reactions: 24

cedarpeach

I had to listen to two very long interviews with James Safechuck and Wade Robson for work purposes, the day after Leaving Neverland was shown at Sundance. I believe them both. James in particular came over as still incredibly fragile about the whole experience and I think he's still in therapy, whereas Wade seems to have been able to move on more. Some of the documentary was cut to fit it into 2 hours with ad breaks on Channel 4 in the UK and one of the bits they didn't show here were the screeds and screeds of faxes Michael Jackson sent Wade, expressing his love for him.
It’s incredibly sad. Abuse of children is often deeply insidious and hard to prove. Grooming is such a complex psychological process that even the victims don’t always realise they have been abused. Victims of abuse have almost zero incentive to come forward, yet when they do they’re often treating as money grubbing liars.

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
He was a classic abuser hiding in plain sight who groomed his victims families as well. It’s no coincidence that he targeted children who came from poor or dysfunctional backgrounds. Everything about him was an act, even his high pitched voice was put on. if you go on YouTube you can find clips of his real voice. David Gest even said that his real voice was much deeper, and he was a close friend.

• Sad

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
What are your thoughts on the whole new crop of so called “Supermodels” who are basically just the children of Celebs/Ex-Models? Because, Kaia is a pretty girl, but is she as beautiful as Cindy in her prime? No, I don’t think she is, and I also doubt whether Kendall Jenner/Hailey Baldwin/Sophia Ritchie etc would even have a modelling career if it wasn’t for the famous parents. In my opinion, the most beautiful supermodel was Christy Turlington, and these current girls, while undeniably cute, are not in the same league as Christy/Helena/Linda etc
It’s pure nepotism. None of these new girls would have had a chance even ten years ago. I used to be a huge fan of the fashion world back in 2007, and it had such an air of exclusivity back then. The models had mystique and weren’t on social media. Not all the models were conventionally pretty, as unique looks were favoured back then, but they all had a special something. Cosmetic surgery was looked down upon, as were non-model celebrities. Celebrities whose fame was due something other than modelling would absolutely never have been considered for anything other than print campaigns or perfume ads, and even that pissed everyone off.

Now it’s all about hiring who has the biggest social media following, and looks come second. Ability, and that “special something” that previous models used to have, are not even a concern. The new crop of girls can’t even walk gracefully.

Kendall Jenner would have been considered too bland, and her brow lift would have prevented her success. She also has a terrible walk and looks self-conscious.

Bella Hadid would never have been accepted with her obvious nose job.

Gigi Hadid is pretty but doesn’t look like a model, she doesn’t have the right bone structure. There’s a difference between being model-pretty and actress-pretty, and most of this new crop is the latter. Kaia Gerber is another one who is very pretty but not in a model way.

Not forgetting Cara Delevigne! Her older sister was a legitimate model, and they are very upper class which is why Cara got her foot in the door, despite being several inches too short, and lacking the model look facially. Karl
Lagerfeld thought she was short and ugly but hired her anyway because she was famous and popular.

There was also a difference between commercial (ie catalogue, not in the public eye) modelling and high-fashion modelling. Commercial models can often get away with looking actress-pretty provided they are tall and slim. The lines have been blurred now.

Also commercial models tended to have more conventionally attractive bodies, slim but with some curves, whereas high fashion models were thinner and flatter. Nowadays the catalogue-model body is welcomed on the runway, which I think is a big improvement. I was never a fan of that extreme body type that is only naturally found in very tall, slender teenage girls who haven’t finished filling out. Consequently, in the noughties a lot of models were teenagers, in rare cases, some as young as 13. It was common for 15-17 year olds to walk the runway. (As an aside I thought it was cruel that this body type was insulted and called ugly and underweight. They were still developing. It was factually wrong to accuse them of being underweight, the lower BMI limit for teenage girls is set at only 16.7 for a reason.)

Another benefit of changing the favoured body type to that of a catalogue model, is that “older” (lol) new girls in their twenties are now welcomed, instead of expecting new faces to be in their teens.

• Heart

thisyearsboy

This is exactly the gossip I was hoping for!
Mutya left to go solo after their second album, apparently she had a falling out with Keisha and it was pretty much a revolving door of new members after that, all rumoured to be bullied by Keisha.

Apparently in sound checks Keisha would sing really quietly so that her mic volume got turned up, thus drowning out the other members for the actual performance.

• Haha
  • Wow
When I was young local carnivals were a big thing. At one the celebrity was Jeremy beadle. This was around the time of game for a laugh and beadles about so sometime in the 80s. I queued for ages at my grans insistence to get a picture and his autograph.
He was really nice and posed for a picture with me which I was chuffed with. My gran later pointed out that he had held my hand with his “little withered hand” and asked what it felt like 🙄
Another celebrity at a carnival was Michaela strachan. She was famous for Hitman and her and I think she had maybe started on the really wild show. She loved the attention of the blokes and was a cow to anyone without a dick.

Oh also met bob carolgyes and spit the dog. My sister swears that dog spat at her as they passed us 😂😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

petitspois

VIP Member
Also, I had no idea that Bonnie Tyler was Catherine’s cousin?!!
yeah Bonnie Tyler is just a stage name, she's called Gaynor!

If you say you don't believe victims of sexual abuse and grooming without concrete proof then that means almost every single victim would never get justice as, by nature, it's a hidden crime. In fact, many crimes are successfully convicted without concrete proof - just 'beyond reasonable doubt'.
MJ was a classic child abuser.

Anyway, back to the goss! any more celebs with a slender penis?

Last edited:
Reactions: 23