Secret Celebrity Gossip #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A friend of mine works for a medium sized film festival, part of her job is liaising with actors, and trying to get them to come for talks etc. A few years ago, she contacted pierce brosnanns people, and within a couple of days, he contacted her himself and said he would be delighted to attend the event. Anyway she sent his assistant the details, flights hotel etc, and he called her back( pierce), and said he would pay for all of his expenses himself, plus make a donation to the organisation. The time came for him to arrive, and apparently he was just so lovely. After his talk and drinks shindig, he brought the whole team out for dinner, The worst was Colm Meeney, apparently his demands were on Maria Carey levels.
Fab to hear that PB is lovely irl. He’s certainly always come across as one of the good guys.

Reactions: 17
How small? I need to know, it's stressing me out :LOL: Are we talking 5'6? taller? smaller?
I met him once (well, stared at him in a pub and he politely smiled as he walked past!!)
I'm 5'10 and he was WAY shorter. I would guess 5'5 or 5'6

Reactions: 1
anyone have anything on Honeysuckle Weeks? Not that well known, got done for drink driving, escaped from a secure mental hospital.
Not much to spill but I did know her when she was little. She was quite a prolific child actor in the 90s and I worked in a legal setting. To work abroad/long periods of time child actors and models would need a special licence from a court and my job was to do with those licence applications. She was quite sweet. Her brother and sister are Rollo and Perdita and were also actors. Like i said, not very exciting!!!

Reactions: 8
I would just like to add to my previous post that I’ve never heard anything bad about Pierce. People only have good things to say about him were as the total opposite to Corden. That toss pot deserves his own thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Sexual assault is VERY serious. So can you post a link to any women that are speaking out against Russell please?
Historically, he had a hearing problem - with the word No. Especially from bigger girls who he felt should have been grateful for his attention. Friend of the now Mr Dragon would go drinking in Camden, but stopped after No developed into Seriously, duck off before I call the police or get my 6 foot five biker ex to have a word. She used the words Scary and Stalker. And started going out fifteen miles away to avoid him.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Yep, Clapham Junction!
Oh he could clapped out junction me anyday he's delish

There’s an interesting story on Blind Gossip called “The Filth of Secrets and Lies”.
It tells the story of a “Gender bending” Male singer, who had a 5 year “Secret” affair with a married singer, who was - at the time- also married to a successful female singer. All sign point to this being Boy George - Gavin Rossdale and Gwen Stefani. But...I always thought that Marilyn had the affair with Gavin...
And Boy George had an affair with Kirk Brandon of Theater of Hate... Infact, didn’t Brandon lose a libel action against Boy George?? And did Boy George ALSO have an affair with Gavin Rossdale, that lasted 5 years?? ....Does anyone know any more about this?!!
I heard Gavin was under age and was seeing Marilyn who passed him around like jail bait

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Seems like I'm the only one that didn't already know Luke Evans was out then :LOL: I genuinely thought it was suggested but never confirmed until the Pride post the other day. I must have massive blinkers on!

Yes ditto Marc Almond autobiography. I've read so many over the years, Holly Johnson,Pete Burns, Boy George, Steve Strange,Leigh Bowery,Adam Ants. All brilliant 👍
I'm starting a list!
I've recently read Boy George Take It Like A Man for the sociology side of my foundation degree in Learning Support, had to write an essay comparing his education and family life experiences to sociological theories and his outcome. I've got his second one to read - the name escapes me - too.
Reading Blow by Blow from a recommendation on here too.
If anyone could start a thread I'd love it please! Just so the thread police don't flip out again 🤣

Reactions: 3
I'm starting a list!
I've recently read Boy George Take It Like A Man for the sociology side of my foundation degree in Learning Support, had to write an essay comparing his education and family life experiences to sociological theories and his outcome. I've got his second one to read - the name escapes me - too.
Reading Blow by Blow from a recommendation on here too.
If anyone could start a thread I'd love it please! Just so the thread police don't flip out again 🤣
Boy George second autobiography called "straight". Good but not a patch on TILAM.

Holly Johnson s I do fancy . I've not read that one
There's a used copy on Amazon for £14.98 👍

Nile Rodgers book also a great read.

Reactions: 2
Love the pics of Pierce Brosnan and his wife in The Daily Fail, they try to do a hatchet job as his wife is bigger than she was 20 years ago but they always look so in love. Even most of the comments at the bottom say the same.

I wonder what Ruth Jones thinks of James Corden given they worked together? she seems decent.

Reactions: 17
The post about Anthea Turner’s Sister and husband with the Aviation deal reminds me of Philip Middlemiss who played Des Barnes in Coronation Street. He is wanted for questioning by police in Ghana for a bribery scandal involving the sale of military planes. How on earth do these people get involved in this stuff?!
It’s not often I’m speechless on here but how in the name of god did Des Barnes end up claiming to be a project manager for Airbus in Ghana?

(Ironically, Des Barnes died at the hand of ‘evil’ Jez Quigley in Coronation Street. Some of my friends grew up in Stockport and say that Lee Boardman, the actor who played him, is as nice a bloke as you will ever meet.)

Extract from story in the Metro:

“[the Ghanaian public prosecutor] issued a public notice, stating they ‘are hereby invited to assist the on-going investigation of bribery and corruption’. This investigation also includes allegations of ‘collaborating with Ghanaian public officers to use their public office for private profit or benefit in the purchase of three C-295 aircrafts by the Government of Ghana from Airbus’. Airbus recently agreed to pay a £3billion fine in January after a joint investigation from UK, US and French authorities into the using middlemen to sell planes.

and

“According the publication, he then [after moving to Ghana to shoot a film, which was then cancelled] worked as a ‘travel consultant’, while claiming in an interview that his best friend’s brother was vice president of the country.”

WTF is a ‘travel consultant‘? Unless it’s that Travel Counsellors not-quite pyramid scheme where anyone can set themselves up as a kind of travel agent provided that they pay fees to the umbrella organisation.

There are some weird parallels between Middlemiss and Webster, eh? Out of work C list TV actor attempts to make a film, the film fails, then he is recruited by ‘business partners’ to front an aviation deal involving a West African country? Webster should be pleased he got out of his so-called deal without ending up in a Ghanaian prison.

I suppose that both men were flattered to be, as they saw it, chosen to be involved in what they saw as a high level business deal - finally, somebody has seen their true qualities and understands that they are not just a soap actor but a talented business Titan! - and were too dim to ask questions. Like, why me?

Here is an extract from a DM article, where Webster whines about his plight:

“I worked as an official consultant on this deal for three years, until 2016,' says Gary.

'My business partners had brokered two previous deals. They got me involved, introduced me to some of the most senior figures in government in Africa. I stood to make £1.4 million from that deal”

What’s the betting that the ‘global aviation company’ Webster got involved with, or believed he was involved with, was Airbus?

Seriously, how stupid and vain are these people? Why would any reputable business choose an out of work actor with no business experience or qualifications to negotiate deals with senior government figures in a foreign country?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.