Secret Celebrity Gossip #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was only married for nine months and her ex-husband hasn't spoken to her since the divorce in 1975 apparently. She's only hung on to the name for snob value as she certainly didn't get any entrance to high society through the Campbells!
Probably because he came across her meat and two veg on the wedding night 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Andrew Ridgeley book is really enjoyable isn’t it? I discovered by reading it that I’d been to the same clubs as them a year or two later. One of my friends who is a massive George Michael fan would have been going to the same clubs at the same time as him.
I went to a book signing, turned right back into a star struck 12 year old

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I recently read Andrew’s book too and enjoyed it. I read a really crap George biography not long after he died and it was a compilation of not very accurate info easily found on the web. I was so annoyed I binned the book and left a terrible review on Amazon. Really fucked me off that the author was cynically cashing in.

Reactions: 3
Celeb stuff - I have also heard from a friend who works in daytime TV that both Eamonn Holmes and Piers Morgan are both really nice. Very professional and have loads of time for people. I was surprised by this as they both seem so arrogant.
Im not surprised by this actually. I think Piers puts on an act, and Ruth and Eamon have always seemed genuinely nice people.

Reactions: 5
She was only married for nine months and her ex-husband hasn't spoken to her since the divorce in 1975 apparently. She's only hung on to the name for snob value as she ceShrtainly didn't get any entrance to high society through the Campbells!
She was a raging snob in I'm a Celebrity.. and malicous with it.

Reactions: 7
A friend of mine works for a medium sized film festival, part of her job is liaising with actors, and trying to get them to come for talks etc. A few years ago, she contacted pierce brosnanns people, and within a couple of days, he contacted her himself and said he would be delighted to attend the event. Anyway she sent his assistant the details, flights hotel etc, and he called her back( pierce), and said he would pay for all of his expenses himself, plus make a donation to the organisation. The time came for him to arrive, and apparently he was just so lovely. After his talk and drinks shindig, he brought the whole team out for dinner, The worst was Colm Meeney, apparently his demands were on Maria Carey levels.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Regarding the Aaron Carter post earlier (I can’t find it now), his downward spiral seems to be going at an alarming rate. He came into some money a little while ago and seems to have spent it all on bad jewellery. There was a big drama where Nick got a restraining order out on him when he threatened to kill his kid, if I remember correctly. He also started an Onlyfans if anyone cares to see some skinny, badly tattooed white boy nudes.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
A friend of mine works for a medium sized film festival, part of her job is liaising with actors, and trying to get them to come for talks etc. A few years ago, she contacted pierce brosnanns people, and within a couple of days, he contacted her himself and said he would be delighted to attend the event. Anyway she sent his assistant the details, flights hotel etc, and he called her back( pierce), and said he would pay for all of his expenses himself, plus make a donation to the organisation. The time came for him to arrive, and apparently he was just so lovely. After his talk and drinks shindig, he brought the whole team out for dinner, The worst was Colm Meeney, apparently his demands were on Maria Carey levels.
A while back James Corden said Pierce Brisbane was the rudest celebrity he had come across. It was during that game he plays with a celebrity where you either answer the question or eat some awful food concoction.
There was a article in the dm about it and the comments were brilliant. So many people that had met Pierce only had good things to say. There was a lot of love for Pierce.

A while back James Corden said Pierce Brisbane was the rudest celebrity he had come across. It was during that game he plays with a celebrity where you either answer the question or eat some awful food concoction.
There was a article in the dm about it and the comments were brilliant. So many people that had met Pierce only had good things to say. There was a lot of love for Pierce.
Brosnan dam auto

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
The Turner family have certainly produced more than their share of gossip. I know that Anthea’s sister, Wendy, had gone bankrupt a while back (she has featured in more than one personal finance book as a cautionary tale: in one she talks about flying first class, drinking champagne and ‘going gloriously bankrupt’), but I read up on the back story and it’s barmy.

So Wendy Turner gets a few presenting jobs in the 1990s, probably from working Anthea’s and Peter Powell’s connections, Pet Rescue and a short-lived game show with Anthea I think, and makes pretty good money, as seemed to be common at the time (I don’t know whether it’s true, but I have heard several former TV presenters complain that there isn’t as much money in TV jobs as there used to be. Maybe they just mean for themselves, because they were only getting offered the crap jobs, or none at all).

She gets married to an actor called Gary Webster who played Arthur Daley’s new sidekick in Minder for a few years, until the show was cancelled. They live like royalty, imagining that the cash will keep rolling in forever. It doesn’t. Their shows are both cancelled. He gets a couple of years’ work on a daytime soap, and some bit parts in The Bill and Eastenders, but they don’t pay big money. They don’t bother putting any money aside for tax. You know what’s going to happen, don’t you? They go bankrupt, owing HMRC £25k (him) and £100k (her).

Do they scale down their lifestyle? Do they hell. They send their sons to a private school, at a cost of £35k a year. They also lived in an expensive rented house in London. She wasn’t working much, so how did they afford their lifestyle? Answer: they borrowed £150k from friends and family, which they haven’t paid back. What were they thinking???

it gets weirder. Gary Webster has two goes at private enterprise. First, he tries to set up finance for a film that he’d be directing. He claimed to have commitments from investors to put £15 million into his film and borrowed a mint of money from banks on the strength of it. Neither the £15m nor the film ever materialised.

Next, and this is where it starts getting really barmy, he decides to turn himself into a pound shop Alan Sugar/humanitarian (the type of “humanitarian” who personally benefits from their endeavours; we’ve seen a few of them recently). He announces that he’s a ‘consultant’ in a project to bring together a ‘global aviation company’ with the government of a West African country (unspecified) to supply an air ambulance.

Eh??? If you were a government and/or a proper aviation business, why would you think, “I know what we need to get this project off the ground. A washed up bankrupt actor who used to be in Minder. Yes, that is exactly who we need.”

The project went ahead all right. Without Webster, who claimed that he should have made £1.4 million out of it. Why would an African government pay him £1.4 million? Why would an aviation business give him £1.4 million of their margin? What value could somebody like him possibly add to such a project?

The Turner-Websters continued to spend £35k a year on private schools but couldn’t afford their rented house any more so lived in Travelodges with their sons, occasionally sleeping in their car. WTF???

Apparently Wendy and Anthea aren’t speaking because Wendy borrowed so much money from Anthea and can’t/won’t pay it back. I can imagine how Anthea would be annoyed if Wendy was continuing to spaff £35k a year on private schools instead of paying her back, particularly since Anthea and Grant Bovey appear to have jointly gone bankrupt before splitting up.

Thank you, Turner sisters, for your outstanding contribution to gossip. You and your husbands.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Brosnan dam auto
I said on an earlier post that Pierce was filming outdoors in London years ago when I worked there and couldn't have been nicer to all the people that asked for autographs.

Reactions: 14

Brosnan dam auto
Corden’s got a cheek! It’s him who is rude to people.

The post about Anthea Turner’s Sister and husband with the Aviation deal reminds me of Philip Middlemiss who played Des Barnes in Coronation Street. He is wanted for questioning by police in Ghana for a bribery scandal involving the sale of military planes. How on earth do these people get involved in this stuff?!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Luke Evans just came out too! Good for him, he is lovely
He's never been in! His and his beau's insta have pics of each other and #happytogether #love stuff all over.
He was sharing a pic for pride the other day, maybe it's the first that caught your eye if you didn't know beforehand.
He's very openly gay nowadays though 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Re celeb autobiographies - I can recommend Marc Almond's Tainted Life (yes, I know the title is a bit of a cliche) but it's a wonderful read, though not something you'd recommend to your gran. Loaned that book out to a few friends who have all loved it.

One celebrity I have actually met - I was with a (at the time) crossdresser friend and we hung around the back of a venue to see if we'd catch him and say Hello. He pretty much ignored me and was very warm and attentive to my friend. Was a bit miffed as I've been a fan for years and even bought the tickets (not that that entitled me to anything, but...hmph).

I have the follow-up ("In Search of the Pleasure Palace: Disreputable Travels") on paperback and for some reason I haven't read it..will have to dig it out again.

My poor sister (who has two fake hips) waited for hours in absolute agony to meet Andrew Ridgeley at Waterstones, Glasgow in December but she loved him (and George) so much she said it was worth it. Suppose being surrounded by giddy fans helps keep your spirits up.

*For some reason Marc's first book is silly money on Amazon - maybe it's out of print. Maybe you might find it in a charity shop or a site like the Book Depository.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Corden’s got a cheek! It’s him who is rude to people.

The post about Anthea Turner’s Sister and husband with the Aviation deal reminds me of Philip Middlemiss who played Des Barnes in Coronation Street. He is wanted for questioning by police in Ghana for a bribery scandal involving the sale of military planes. How on earth do these people get involved in this stuff?!
There are so many stories about James Cordon and his rudeness. For anyone who missed my earlier post / not seen the Popbitch story

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Yes ditto Marc Almond autobiography. I've read so many over the years, Holly Johnson,Pete Burns, Boy George, Steve Strange,Leigh Bowery,Adam Ants. All brilliant 👍

Reactions: 6
I said on an earlier post that Pierce was filming outdoors in London years ago when I worked there and couldn't have been nicer to all the people that asked for autographs.
My sister knows him. A delightful, kind, modest man apparently. Ive tried to blag an invite to meet him but no go. 😢

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.