Secret Celebrity Gossip #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What exactly is Rebecca Vardy taking Colleen Rooney to court for? As far as I gather:

Colleen says she has screenshots of only one account having access to her private stories

Those stories then ended up in The Sun

The one account that had access was Rebecca’s.

Assuming the screenshots exist and she can provide sufficient proof that Rebecca’s account was the only one that could see hers, what is Rebecca suing for? Like what will her argument be?
Because its given her ‘stress, anxiety and a fear of going out ‘ no doubt. Its affected her day to day living and all that tit these people say which totally undermines the real issues that people with genuine mental health issues face on a daily basis. Anyway a nice healthy pay out will make it all better (unless she is guilty of course... shock horror)

Reactions: 4
Coleen was clever when she said RV account ( & not just RV).
The Sun had a secret wag and most wags knew it was RV giving away secrets & gossip.

I really hope it's not settled out of court

#teamColeen

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Popbitch claimed that Mrs Vardy was giving stories about her fellow WAGS to The Sun as part of deal to stop them publishing footage they’d obtained of Jamie making racist comments. It would ruin him (and her) if that came out, even more so now in light of BLM.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Popbitch claimed that Mrs Vardy was giving stories about her fellow WAGS to The Sun as part of deal to stop them publishing footage they’d obtained of Jamie making racist comments. It would ruin him (and her) if that came out, even more so now in light of BLM.
Bring it on!!!!

Reactions: 9
Is he Matthews father? There were alleged rumours that Matthew Freud whilst married to Elisabeth Murdoch had two daughters right under her nose to the nanny..
He definitely had one child with someone who worked for them, I don't know about any others.

• Wow
Libel - which google tells me is a false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation (in print). Therefore, she is going to have to prove it was false. I note in the Sky news piece about it it said something at the end like 'they will go to Court if it's not settled outside'. I wonder if one of them will settle to prevent everything being discussed in Court. They can then try to pretend they have saved face.
But libel for what? She chose her words very carefully. She said the stories that appeared in The Sun was only shown to one persons account and that account was Rebecca Vardy’s. Rebecca can claim she was hacked, or that someone else must have also had access to it, but Colleen laid it out carefully and I can’t see anything libellous? (If we are to take Colleens statements that she has several screenshots that specifically prove it as true)

Reactions: 7
But libel for what? She chose her words very carefully. She said the stories that appeared in The Sun was only shown to one persons account and that account was Rebecca Vardy’s. Rebecca can claim she was hacked, or that someone else must have also had access to it, but Colleen laid it out carefully and I can’t see anything libellous? (If we are to take Colleens statements that she has several screenshots that specifically prove it as true)
I think by saying it was her account the logical assumption for everyone to make is that Vardy did it. The only way Vardy could get out of this is if, by going to Court, she could force Colleen to give details of something in her life that's embarrassing. Saatchi did it with Nigella didn't he? the only reason he took those sisters to Court for stealing is because it forced Nigella to admit she had been taking drugs and he wanted to humiliate her.

Just thinking off the top of my head, the solicitor could start off by saying 'would you explain your relationship with Colleen and Vardy could reply 'I consoled her when her husband was caught with another woman' (obv one we don't know about) thereby getting a secret that might humiliate Colleen out in the open. Don't know if I have explained that well but lockdown has turned my brain to mush!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think by saying it was her account the logical assumption for everyone to make is that Vardy did it. The only way Vardy could get out of this is if, by going to Court, she could force Colleen to give details of something in her life that's embarrassing. Saatchi did it with Nigella didn't he? the only reason he took those sisters to Court for stealing is because it forced Nigella to admit she had been taking drugs and he wanted to humiliate her.

Just thinking off the top of my head, the solicitor could start off by saying 'would you explain your relationship with Colleen and Vardy could reply 'I consoled her when her husband was caught with another woman' (obv one we don't know about) thereby getting a secret that might humiliate Colleen out in the open. Don't know if I have explained that well but lockdown has turned my brain to mush!
That’s interesting! I didn’t think of that. Although if Rebecca did do that and it got out into the open, she can kiss her “career” goodbye.

That’s interesting! I didn’t think of that. Although if Rebecca did do that and it got out into the open, she can kiss her “career” goodbye.
It’s an expensive game to play. Given the legal costs you wouldn’t normally go into this sort of case if you hadn’t got sound advice that you had a winnable case. Obviously they all know facts that none of us do on here. Saatchi is rich enough to play silly buggers but are the Vardys?

Reactions: 3
It’s an expensive game to play. Given the legal costs you wouldn’t normally go into this sort of case if you hadn’t got sound advice that you had a winnable case. Obviously they all know facts that none of us do on here. Saatchi is rich enough to play silly buggers but are the Vardys?
I wonder if Colleen doesn't want to go to Court (for a reason we don't know) so will settle. That will allow Vardy to make out she's 'won'

I don’t know.... it takes a very intelligent person to call their child Rayn Ryan. 🤣
Right up there with Deniro Danan

Because its given her ‘stress, anxiety and a fear of going out ‘ no doubt. Its affected her day to day living and all that tit these people say which totally undermines the real issues that people with genuine mental health issues face on a daily basis. Anyway a nice healthy pay out will make it all better (unless she is guilty of course... shock horror)
That won’t happen though. The British system was specifically changed so damages have to be proven many years ago - hence why we don’t see many celebs suing the press and being awarded millions. It’s all for show - what would Vardy claim she had lost out on by being accused? She’s got no personal income except the money she takes off her kids fathers which isn’t effected by anything anyone says. If this was in America it’s a case worth taking because their legal system is ludicrously bad, but here - she could win and still have to pay £500k in fees and just get an apology awarded.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has Kate had fillers? Her beautiful face looks a bit odd now - that sort of generic stretched look but a bit wierd (for her - not wierd generally). The Mail seem to hinting heavily with their 'fresh faced after two years sobriety' mantra yet showing close ups of her looking different. A bit sad as I thought she might one of the few celebs to hold out and not fall for that look.
I definitely think Kate has had something done, mainly because her face was showing the years of smoking, drinking and drugs. And, I remember there was a famous pic of Kate on a beach, and people were comparing her to Kathy Beale from Eastenders...😂😂😂

I didn’t know it was Beckham! This is the #content I’m here for 😂
At this point, it’s only speculation though 😂😂

I definitely think Kate has had something done, mainly because her face was showing the years of smoking, drinking and drugs. And, I remember there was a famous pic of Kate on a beach, and people were comparing her to Kathy Beale from Eastenders...😂😂😂

Lol 😂
At this point, it’s only speculation though 😂😂

Reactions: 1
I wonder if Colleen doesn't want to go to Court (for a reason we don't know) so will settle. That will allow Vardy to make out she's 'won'
I agree, i think shes leading up to that with her “ im disappointed” statement

Reactions: 1
I think its libel that is lawyer speak for ' big fat fee from someone with more money than sense' libel.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.