Secret Celebrity Gossip #165

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pretty sure his ex wife suffered at the hands of his abuse too but she's denied it.

Not only was he trying to control Nicole but her family too. Making sure they all had pedicures. And making the fun of the way Nicole looked when she was pregnant and telling her he didn't want her to deliver vaginally or breastfeed. Absolute scumbag
Yeah, the police officer all but confirmed it as did his ex wife's sister who was very careful about what she said.

Another thing that pissed me off was seeing Kris Jenner. She forever claims she knew what Nicole was going through and did all she could for her yet betrayed her by having an affair with OJ behind her back.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Does anyone else find Rose Ayling-Ellis's reaction to a potential "cure" for deafness exceptionally strange? She's been acting distraught and like it's some awful thing. I don't understand where she's coming from at all. It's not some sort of ethnic clensing thing, which what her statements about it could lead one to believe, it will help people who want it and it won't be forced on anybody so I really don't understand where she's coming from no matter how I try.

Reactions: 27
Grumpy men...is Dylan Moran a step too far? And where do we draw the line?! Adrian Chiles? 🤣
My type is basically average-looking grumpy men - Dylan Moran and Reece Shearsmith are my favourites. I used to like Jon Richardson but he gives me the ick now, I can totally see why Lucy Beaumont got fed up of him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Does anyone else find Rose Ayling-Ellis's reaction to a potential "cure" for deafness exceptionally strange? She's been acting distraught and like it's some awful thing. I don't understand where she's coming from at all. It's not some sort of ethnic clensing thing, which what her statements about it could lead one to believe, it will help people who want it and it won't be forced on anybody so I really don't understand where she's coming from no matter how I try.
I hadn't read about this so just looked it up. Yeah I agree her reaction is quite strange. I'd be happy for the young girl who had treatment and can now hear. I think it's because it's such a huge part of her identity.

Some of her comments for those who haven't read them:
Rose went onto question whether she will be the 'last deaf generation' following the success of the new trial.

She continued: 'Imagine a world where everyone is 'normal'. What will become of our story, our culture, language, and identity? Will we be the last deaf generation and end up in a museum somewhere?'

'Deaf people have existed throughout human history. Who decides that their lives are not worth being integrated into society? Who assumes that we want to be 'fixed'? Where will they draw the line?'

The actress expressed her concern that inclusivity could be 'thrown out of the window' and insisted she did not need 'relief' from being deaf as it has given her many opportunities.

She added: 'My life is richer because of it. There are many deaf people out there that are doing great things! Why should we tell them that they are broken when, in fact, they are winning?'

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I worked with someone who was deaf, and deaf culture was really important to them, plus had a community of social clubs etc where they could just be, rather than fitting in to adaptations made. So while I know this will give a valuable option for deaf people, I can see how Rose would feel her culture was at risk of being erased. Plus I guess with BSL being a language in itself, could lead to fewer people knowing it, learning it etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
It’s a bit like Sally Phillips basically wanting to get rid of Downs syndrome screening. If you don’t want it, don’t have it, but why try and influence others?
She uses the ethnic cleansing argument too.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I think it's because she was born deaf, it's all she's ever known. I suppose a 'cure' feels like a personal attack on her.

I think it's because she was born deaf, it's all she's ever known. I suppose a 'cure' feels like a personal attack on her.
People do seem to see everything as a personal attack nowadays. Like, everything that is not in exact alignment with their own point of view. I find that so alarming.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
There was a clip of Eric Stoltz in Brats that I found mesmerising. I can’t believe he passed my radar back then. He was so attractive but I don’t remember anything he was in apart from Mask

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
There was a clip of Eric Stoltz in Brats that I found mesmerising. I can’t believe he passed my radar back then. He was so attractive but I don’t remember anything he was in apart from Mask
He originally had the Marty McFly role in Back To The Future and there are even clips of him in some scenes he recorded but he wasn’t working out and so they got in Michael J Fox instead. They wanted Michael to start with but he was doing a tv show at the time and thought he couldn’t juggle both. After they asked Eric to leave they asked Michael again and they worked out a schedule so Michael could work on both

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I liked him in Some Kind of Wonderful

• Heart
He originally had the Marty McFly role in Back To The Future and there are even clips of him in some scenes he recorded but he wasn’t working out and so they got in Michael J Fox instead. They wanted Michael to start with but he was doing a tv show at the time and thought he couldn’t juggle both. After they asked Eric to leave they asked Michael again and they worked out a schedule so Michael could work on both

Watching those clips, I think I would have enjoyed an Eric Stolz version of Back to The Future.
his most notable role for me was the drug dealer in Pulp Fiction. Another one whose career kind of just tailed off.

Reactions: 9
My type is basically average-looking grumpy men - Dylan Moran and Reece Shearsmith are my favourites. I used to like Jon Richardson but he gives me the ick now, I can totally see why Lucy Beaumont got fed up of him.
Reece is lovely according to Mum. She met him when they borrowed her flat to film in years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm sure he is - nobody who made Psychoville and Inside Number 9 could be anything but!

I think Rose's comments may be because by suggesting a cure for deafness it may feel like there's something 'wrong' with her, and that she has had a life lacking in something, when she feels she hasn't.

I understand the Down's Syndrome response to some extent, too. Sally's view is that Down's people may not look to your 'normal' human as if they have an enriched, fulfilled life, but they do - it's just not what non-Down's-people consider enriched and fulfilled. So her point is that we shouldn't eradicate Down's people from the world and treat them as inferior or something to be dealt with. If my child had Down's I imagine I'd feel the same way.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
The guy who won Americas Next Top model is like Rose, he didn’t approve of hearing aids on small children etc. or any cures.

I struggle with Sallys views as we have a very different experience of DS. Lots of people with DS do have wonderful and full lives and some don’t, like our family member. I always worry some people don’t know what it might be like because the way representation has swung the other way. Anyway this isn’t celebrity goss is it..

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Very weak bargain basement tea. Apparently some bloke who was a roving watchdog reporter bought tea and ice cream in my local town. He rode a motorbike I think? That's the gossip...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I struggle with Sallys views as we have a very different experience of DS. Lots of people with DS do have wonderful and full lives and some don’t, like our family member. I always worry some people don’t know what it might be like because the way representation has swung the other way. Anyway this isn’t celebrity goss is it..
Totally agree. And also Sally Phillips is a rich middle class celeb who can afford help and not a single mother on a council estate struggling to look after her other two kids as well as a child with special needs. If you don’t want an abortion, fine but don’t take that choice away from other women.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.