Secret Celebrity Gossip #165

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The guy who won Americas Next Top model is like Rose, he didn’t approve of hearing aids on small children etc. or any cures.

I struggle with Sallys views as we have a very different experience of DS. Lots of people with DS do have wonderful and full lives and some don’t, like our family member. I always worry some people don’t know what it might be like because the way representation has swung the other way. Anyway this isn’t celebrity goss is it..
I entirely agree with you. cf the euthanasia debate. People talk from their own experiences, not considering that others in the same situuation may have very different viewpoints.

Reactions: 15
Watching those clips, I think I would have enjoyed an Eric Stolz version of Back to The Future.

his most notable role for me was the drug dealer in Pulp Fiction. Another one whose career kind of just tailed off.
He was very good in Caprica (prequel to Battlestar Galactica, 2000s version), which ultimately didn't work out as a series as it was cancelled during the first season but I loved it and he was one of the main reasons.
---
I'm sure he is - nobody who made Psychoville and Inside Number 9 could be anything but!

I think Rose's comments may be because by suggesting a cure for deafness it may feel like there's something 'wrong' with her, and that she has had a life lacking in something, when she feels she hasn't.

I understand the Down's Syndrome response to some extent, too. Sally's view is that Down's people may not look to your 'normal' human as if they have an enriched, fulfilled life, but they do - it's just not what non-Down's-people consider enriched and fulfilled. So her point is that we shouldn't eradicate Down's people from the world and treat them as inferior or something to be dealt with. If my child had Down's I imagine I'd feel the same way.
In a sense I can see where they are coming from but I just find their feelings of "heartbreak" and "fright" really OTT since it isn't being forced and never would be, and because let's face it would most people willingly choose to have what the majority would consider difficuties to deal with?

I don't know who Sally is but it appears Rose has had a lovely upbringing with tons of support and likely no big money worries... that won't be the case for a lot of people who have disabilities.

It's all about individual choice isn't it so that's why I can't relate to Rose, Sally's etc reactions. It's like they are trying to shame people who would want to "fix" their own issues or parents who'd have to make a choice for their little children. I think that's very wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's bizarre how anyone could get take offence to it, let alone someone who's deaf.

Reactions: 11
I've worked with deaf people and for a lot of them they don't view it as a disability and don't see it as something to be fixed. Obviously this is a viewpoint which can be difficult for hearing people to get their heads around.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Rose’s comments come from a position that lots of people in the deaf community have had for a very long time. I can see where they are coming from; deaf people face challenges but have fulfilled lives and it must be very hard to feel that other people always see you as lacking something. It’s also part of a movement that has for some time being trying to remove the stigma of deafness, for example it used to be the case that people were told to lip read rather than sign, to seem more ‘normal’. It was massively divisive in the deaf community.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I've been in a lift with Lou Diamond Phillips. Only I didn't realise and my husband had to tell me afterwards 🤦‍♀️
i had a chat at a stage door with Lin Manuel Miranda and his wife and didnt realise until weeks later. I had heard of his name etc but had no idea what he looked like at that point ...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
This is from someone’s instagram stories but I can’t believe how petty Taylor Swift is being with all these bloody releases!
IMG_9296.jpeg
IMG_9297.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Ugh that Corden really is the most smug twit going. The coke just made him even more obnoxious. I still don’t know how he made in the USA. Normally it’s good looks and charisma of which he has zero of either. Maybe some sleazy Weinstein type with a fetish for the fugly promised him fame and fortune in Hollyweird in exchange for favours. Remember his character’s personality and demise in the movie Kill your friends? I wonder why he chose such a role. Art imitating life per chance?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Watched the 1st part of the Nicole Simpson Brown documentary. What a bleep OJ was but we know that already. Didn't know his dad was gay
Whereabouts is this on please?
---
I’ll have a look for the documentary. It sounds very interesting

Edit to add: my husband’s fav film is Pretty in Pink, and we often chat about Roberts Downey Jr’s fall from grace and then rise like a phoenix.. and it takes me back to Andrew McCartney in less than zero
The documentary will be on Disney Plus in the UK.

Reactions: 4
Reactions: 4
This is from someone’s instagram stories but I can’t believe how petty Taylor Swift is being with all these bloody releases!
View attachment 2999260View attachment 2999261
She’s a mean girl and her fans are idiots. They’re all slagging off her ex (Joe Alwyn?) because he made a vague comment about their relationship but it’s ok for her to write entire albums about it. Saw a clip of her dancing on X and how someone that sauceless is so revered is just unfathomable to me.

I don’t want to dislike her but she makes it really difficult not to.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Crime and Investigation channel on virgin/sky

Failing that you'll get it on a dodgy app/firestick etc
We don't have Virgin TV anymore but when we did you had to pay extra for that channel.
I can't believe it's 30 years since her murder. I remember it at the time and hearing the verdict on the radio at work.

Reactions: 7
Totally agree. And also Sally Phillips is a rich middle class celeb who can afford help and not a single mother on a council estate struggling to look after her other two kids as well as a child with special needs. If you don’t want an abortion, fine but don’t take that choice away from other women.
I don’t think a lot of people realise just how many comorbidities can come with Down’s syndrome, many of which are incompatible with life. So this isn’t about screening so you can opt have a non-DS child, in many case it sets out the option of a heart-breaking choice earlier in pregnancy rather than a heart-breaking outcome at full term.
Coming home with baby is very much a best case scenario and if DS indicators show during pregnancy but things are otherwise well, it gives a chance to research and seek support at the earliest stage

• Heart
Reactions: 45
We don't have Virgin TV anymore but when we did you had to pay extra for that channel.
I can't believe it's 30 years since her murder. I remember it at the time and hearing the verdict on the radio at work.
Definitely one of those you remember where you were moments. I was only about 8 and I can remember it. The media coverage was insane

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.