Secret Celebrity Gossip #163

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's an odd thing really, but I remember when I watched Eamonn's Schofield impression that I thought of Ruth, and what she thought of it.

As hilarious as it was, if it was my husband, I'd think......bitter much?

Reactions: 15
big discussion earlier about,Grease etc: a lot of American fifties thingys,hope I don’t bore you but I always remember fifties Tv and reading books,God years ago anybody read the famous book years ago Peyton place by Grace Matillous,blimey 1956,I did I was very young but loved it,opened my eyes what was going on with young teens,Then years later it became well known TV show. Oh my memories.😊
Am I right in thinking Mia Farrow was in Peyton Place?

Reactions: 6
It's an odd thing really, but I remember when I watched Eamonn's Schofield impression that I thought of Ruth, and what she thought of it.

As hilarious as it was, if it was my husband, I'd think......bitter much?
You’ve got to bear in mind Ruth hated him too, do you remember when he cut her off that time? She was fuming. Plus her and Eamon were apparently very nice to the young lad Schofield groomed.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
You’ve got to bear in mind Ruth hated him too, do you remember when he cut her off that time? She was fuming. Plus her and Eamon were apparently very nice to the young lad Schofield groomed.
I do remember, yes. But she kept her council.

Reactions: 10
There used to be another one set in space and had celebs int it, where they had to move across a sort of maze as the final challenge and they got zapped if they stepped in the wrong place. As a kid, it scared the tit out of me and I genuinely worried they’d done away with Moira Stewart.
The Adventure Game? Greatest tv show of all time!!! Junior me genuinely thought it was 100% real and I desperately wanted to be on it.

Showed some YouTube clips to my kids and they thought it was tit 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
When Eamon used to upload photos of his grandkids Ruth would always like and comment on them, but this then stopped abruptly. I’d imagine it was hard for her to become close to them if they live in NI though. To be honest I found NI quite odd when I went, not in a bad way, just a bit of a weird vibe which I put down to being caught between two countries and cultures. It’s British but also very Irish as well. I got a similar feeling in Jersey
I used to work for the National Museum of Scotland and one year had a work trip to the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin and then a trip to Belfast the following year. The vibe was so very different in Belfast, far more closed off whereas Dublin was open, welcoming and cheerful; Dublin colleagues seemed delighted to meet us whereas those at the museum in Belfast seemed grudging and almost annoyed. The thing I most remember from Belfast was the airport being flummoxed by my colleague's People's Republic of China passport!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Am I right in thinking Mia Farrow was in Peyton Place?
Yes along with Ryan O'Neal - I never missed one of them.
Loosely based upon the 1956 novel of the same name by Grace Metalious, the series was preceded by a 1957 film adaptation. A total of 514 episodes were broadcast, in black-and-white from 1964 to 1966 and in colour from 1966 to 1969.
This is a couple of pages but it is a Peyton Place forum for anyone interested. http://www.tellytalk.net/threads/watching-peyton-place.304/

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I know someone who recreated that scene with her new husband as their first dance at the wedding. Lift and everything. They had dance lessons ahead of the big day.

I wasn’t there but from friends that were apparently the cringe factor was off the scale.

I heard that someone once told the bride she looked like Jennifer Grey. Maybe, at a distance if you squint your eyes a bit. However her man was short, fat and bald, definitely not a Patrick Swayze lookalike
🤣

I didn’t see the film Dirty Dancing until about 10 years ago. It was okay. The stage show is good. Loved Grease as a kid. Vaguely remember queuing up to see it in the cinema as a small child. Love Actually is terrible.
Bet the guests had the time of their lives watching poundland Baby and her Johnny leap and catch..were there any watermelons?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I used to work for the National Museum of Scotland and one year had a work trip to the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin and then a trip to Belfast the following year. The vibe was so very different in Belfast, far more closed off whereas Dublin was open, welcoming and cheerful; Dublin colleagues seemed delighted to meet us whereas those at the museum in Belfast seemed grudging and almost annoyed. The thing I most remember from Belfast was the airport being flummoxed by my colleague's People's Republic of China passport!
Funny I've heard the opposite and that people in Belfast are alot nicer than Dublin.

Reactions: 5
I'm from Dublin but spend a lot of time in Belfast. I'm very chatty and find people in NI very open to talking but in a different way to southerners. People in Belfast are very friendly but reserved, people down south will talk to you like they've known you for years. It can be a bit much at times.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
On the subject of Grease my boyfriend said when it was on recently about them dying. I was like "WTF are you talking about?" He explained about in Summer Nights they sing "It turned colder that's where it ends" and they're dreaming of how things might have been had they not drowned. They fly off to heaven at the end in the car. My little mind was blown! I refuse to believe it 😡
Then the cast of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang were screwed: all the lyrics of Hushabye Mountain, every line, then Chitty did a Chitty. Condolences to Lord Scrumptious and Grandpa Potts (who I assume remained in-flight protected by his flying privy). Mind you, Dick Van Dyke being a genuine immortal might skew things.

Reactions: 5
God, she’s SO bad!🫣🙉
It’s actually so bad that I thought someone had dubbed a really bad singing voice over her actual voice but no, I’ve just been on YouTube and checked a couple of other versions and it really is her singing. I hate to say horrible things about a child, but she’s not good at all. For a school production she may be passable, but not for that sort of level.

Reactions: 28
Is it bad that I am glad she’ll get the piss ripped out of her? She’s such a precocious brat, she derves to be pulled down a peg or ten!
I feel sorry for her - she's being let down by her parents in a massive way, with so many people blowing smoke up her hole because of who they are, to the extent that she probably believes she is really fantastic. She's being set up for a fall and for so much mockery. Her parents are failing at being parents.
---
It’s actually so bad that I thought someone had dubbed a really bad singing voice over her actual voice but no, I’ve just been on YouTube and checked a couple of other versions and it really is her singing. I hate to say horrible things about a child, but she’s not good at all. For a school production she may be passable, but not for that sort of level.
Exactly this: she'd be grand if she was performing among her peers and gradually learning, as kids do, that she's not very talented but maybe gets some fun out of performing. Nobody is gently suggesting she'd be better as part of the chorus: she's been pushed to the front because of who her ridiculous parents are.
I think it's incredibly sad.
She does seem like a precocious brat too though so I think it's fair enough to have a little giggle at how crap she is tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I feel sorry for her - she's being let down by her parents in a massive way, with so many people blowing smoke up her hole because of who they are, to the extent that she probably believes she is really fantastic. She's being set up for a fall and for so much mockery. Her parents are failing at being parents.
---

Exactly this: she'd be grand if she was performing among her peers and gradually learning, as kids do, that she's not very talented but maybe gets some fun out of performing. Nobody is gently suggesting she'd be better as part of the chorus: she's been pushed to the front because of who her ridiculous parents are.
I think it's incredibly sad.
She does seem like a precocious brat too though so I think it's fair enough to have a little giggle at how crap she is tbh.
She’s like one of those kids on X Factor who came on full of confidence because their parents always told them they were brilliant. The difference is that she will never realise that she’s not talented as her parents will employ people who will continue the facade and they can buy her studio time, put out records and buy them up. I think she’s insufferable but it’s sad that they never let her be a child and Kim dresses her up as a mini-me and drags her to fashion shows and premieres. See also Blue Ivy but at least she improved her dancing so she obviously works hard.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.