Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was around 9 years old when I watched the horror classic Theatre of Blood, with my mum. Watching Robert Morley eating poodle pies has traumatised me for life!! 😭😭🐩🐩
I cannot look at a chicken pie ( or fish pie for that matter) without referencing 'poodle pie'. God that scene was horrific 😲 & I'm bloody greedy 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was scared to death after watching a Lord of the Flies type drama, where children were left to fend for themselves whilst there was a person in bed upstairs.
Life imitated art not too long after. Mum who was never ill confined to bed, not communicating, the weather was dark and oppressive, my sister gave me a "haircut" just like in the drama and my dad did the cooking!
Was it The Cement Garden?

Reactions: 4
Tales of the Unexpected absolutely terrified me as a child. The music and the opening credits with the dancing ladies still give me shivers.
We often watch the re runs of Tales & I piss take the dancing lady. Her silhouette is slimmer than mine.... 😔

• Heart
I was traumatised by the triffids! Annoyingly I watched the series several times and every time missed the final episode so never knew how it ended. Also didn’t like tripods.

Reactions: 9
Event horizon is terrifying & no one can tell me any different
it is horrific, there's unaired footage thats even worse and they had to hire extra people who didn't mind weird tit to film some of it.
The flash cut scenes haunted me for years
---
Me too. The one where she murdered her husband with a frozen leg of lamb then served it up to the police stuck in my mind as an excellent plan :ROFLMAO:
Looovvedd this, Roald Dahl wrote that one too afaik

Reactions: 11
it is horrific, there's unaired footage thats even worse and they had to hire extra people who didn't mind weird tit to film some of it.
The flash cut scenes haunted me for years
---
it’s such a shock as it seemed like it’s just a Sci Fi going in. Really underrated but so creepy/horrific

Reactions: 4
I’m getting this mixed up with twilight zone! I remember one were a demon was on the wing of a plane mid flight, scared the tit out of me!
I remember that one - 'Terror at 20,000 Feet' (or something like that). There was an original B&W version, then one with William Shatner. The demon thing was peering in the window at him and scampering around on the wing.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
One for all you Cure fans Roger O'Donnells gfs are always much younger and not at all age appropriate and since the passing of his latest wife he's got Simon Gallup going down that route..

your points exactly
---

perhaps she should be in Water For Elephants currently on Broadway.. i'll get me coat
I hope Roger’s gf is being supportive while he is having his treatment. Her ballerina life didn’t seem too important when there were tours to go on. She best be looking after him now.
---
I saw this on TikTok… looks like she was pissed off with being herded up the steps
I read that the security lady had stepped on Kelly’s dress

Reactions: 3
As a family, our Thursday late night viewing when my dad got back from the pub (sometimes with a chippy, happy days) aged about 7 onwards was “whose line is it anyway?” followed immediately by Prisoner Cell Block H. Bedtimes were not a thing for me clearly. I remember saying in Year 4 at school that prisoner cell block h was my favourite tv show. 🤣🫣
Me and my sister used to love Prisoner but we were already in bed by the time it came on. It didn't stop us watching it though as we had a TV in our room. We were lucky as the living room was a bit away from our room and had a few squeaky floorboards so as soon as we heard the squeak, it was turned off until whoever it was went back in the living room. We always thought we were sneaky but years later our mum admitted she knew all along.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Doesn’t surprise me Stephen Fry sticking up for Kevin Spacey, he pretty much married a child himself.

• Wow
Reactions: 38
Liam Neeson, Sharon Stone and Stephen Fry have all defended Kevin Spacey 😱

I think I said this earlier in the thread or a prior one but it's no surprise about Sharon as she defended James Franco as well, using the 'well he was nice to me' line and gaslighting his victims by claiming what happened to them was not harassment/assault and even if it was, why wait to say anything. She did the same with Woody Allen saying because he was professional when they worked together, all but saying that meant he couldn't have done what he was accused of.

She recently came out and accused a producer of forcing her to sleep with Billy Baldwin when they did Sliver. Billy denied it and said if she wants to tell stories fine as he has a lot of his own concerning her. She seemed to have forgotten the 'Either say what happened at the time or don't say anything at all' way of thinking she had with James' accusers.

Reactions: 21
The scariest programme, without question, was Salems Lot. My parents were out and I watched it because it had nice David Soul from Starksy and Hutch. I was bleeping terrified. Glued to the sofa in fear and no remote control so couldn't change channels. Vampire children floating outside windows and tapping on them. What. The duck.
Proper scary - the window scene stuck with me
The exorcist too, another one too

I loved and still do the tales of the unexpected theme

Last edited:
I found an old Protect and Survive leaflet in the electric cupboard some time in the 80s and was quite traumatised by that.
I showed my youngest the TV ad of this on YouTube and it had the same effect on me then as it did as a teen in the 80s. I still can't watch anything post apocalyptic.
There was some scary TV back then. I was terrified of Day of the Triffids.
---
Me too. The one where she murdered her husband with a frozen leg of lamb then served it up to the police stuck in my mind as an excellent plan :ROFLMAO:
I remember reading this at school and thought it was genius!

999 in the 90s scared the crap out of me - and also not sure if this was even 999, but there was a shark episode where maybe 10 people were bobbing up and down tied together with their life jackets and they kept showing them from the shark's point of view circling underneath. Was absolutely terrifying! When a plane went overhead the people untied themselves to start waving / attracting attention and then the shark started picking them off...

I have lived with these nightmares for 30 years! 😂

Reactions: 16
It's still on YouTube I think. They used a Pontins for filming some of it. No need to make that look post apocalyptic
Last train as brilliant. They had a set which made Sheffield train station look apocalyptic.
I was traumatised by the episode of spooks where Lisa Faulkners character had her hand and then her head put in a deep fat fryer.

Reactions: 13
Do you have any tea on Trent Reznor?
Not tea, but do you think he's looking slightly off these days? He seems to have got very thin, especially in the face.
He's aging I suppose but he was quite muscle-y at one point.

--

As a child I was traumatised by the Emmerdale plane crash.

Reactions: 5
There's something about Josh Homme that makes me really, really, really, really uneasy - like a visceral reaction though I love QOTSA. Nothing he's said, nothing he's done - just a reaction!
I once dated a drummer simply because he’d briefly hung around with the Foo Fighters and QOTSA (yes, I am that sad 😁). He said FF’s were great, but QOTSA were seriously fucked up, Nick Oliveri was the worst - no surprise there.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.