Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tales of the Unexpected absolutely terrified me as a child. The music and the opening credits with the dancing ladies still give me shivers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
He was a raging alcoholic (I believe he’s sober now) and he was a very very nasty drunk. Not sure what’s he’s like now, but imagine him to be quite tough. I’ve worked with a lot of rock “talent” over the years and fortunately he’s one that never crossed my path. But I’ve heard lots and lots of stories about him.
Do you have any tea on Trent Reznor?

Reactions: 5
Tales of the Unexpected absolutely terrified me as a child. The music and the opening credits with the dancing ladies still give me shivers.
I loved tales of the unexpected, actually liked the music too! Maybe it's just tame compared to threads 😕 gosh, what were my parents thinking 🤔

Reactions: 12
Me too. The one where she murdered her husband with a frozen leg of lamb then served it up to the police stuck in my mind as an excellent plan :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Me too. The one where she murdered her husband with a frozen leg of lamb then served it up to the police stuck in my mind as an excellent plan :ROFLMAO:
I can imagine everyone who watched that as a kid who is now a police office when they get called out is very wary if the home owner has been cooking a lamb roast 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
There's something about Josh Homme that makes me really, really, really, really uneasy - like a visceral reaction though I love QOTSA. Nothing he's said, nothing he's done - just a reaction!
He kicked a female photographer in the face at one of his gigs and was abusive towards his ex-wife (Brady Dalle, lead singer with The Distillers). Man’s an arse.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I'm just relieved we've moved on from Richard Osman"s Thursday morning/evening/afternoon murder club, and somebody called Joyce and Ron who may or may not carry a bag of werthers with them (although how are hard sweets safe for the old folk? Hazards = choking, denture breaking, filling sticking)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
My parents also let me watch basically anything they were watching.

I watched The Bill right from small kid age to when it finished!

The Last Train - about a group of people who are on a train which survives the apocalypse - stayed with me for years after seeing it as a kid. Not in a traumatic way, it just stuck with me.

I also watched both Event Horizon and The Shining with my dad when I was only about 11!

Funnily, I don't think I was particularly scared by either back then but rewatching Event Horizon as an adult put the wind right up me 😂
Event horizon is terrifying & no one can tell me any different

Reactions: 11
I was around 9 years old when I watched the horror classic Theatre of Blood, with my mum. Watching Robert Morley eating poodle pies has traumatised me for life!! 😭😭🐩🐩

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Liam Neeson, Sharon Stone and Stephen Fry have all defended Kevin Spacey 😱

When stuff comes out years later people are like ‘why didn’t they say anything at the time’ - this is why.

‘Our industry needs him’ - well maybe not the section of the industry who meet the ‘requirements’ he has for his victims eh? And that’s before we discuss the fact having him in a position of ‘power’ gives him greater access to victims and less chances of being held accountable for any crimes he may commit, as we are seeing now.

Reactions: 33
Watching the series 'The day of the Trifids' at school in the 80s! Horrified me, as most of the humans go blind after watching a metor storm, which means the triffids can invade - put me right off looking at the Northern lights the other week 😬😬😬

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Liam Neeson, Sharon Stone and Stephen Fry have all defended Kevin Spacey 😱

Stephen Fry can duck off, smug bastard. The other two can also get to duck.
Like many others I watched the ch 4 programme, too many people with too similar stories, and this is coming from someone who used to like Kevin spacey.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
On the subject of traumatising tv shows…my dad always used to let me stay up to watch Bad Girls on a Thursday night as my mam was out, I don’t know if anyone else can remember the scene when Shaz pierced Denny’s tongue with the nail. I couldn’t sleep that night and I can still picture that scene now. Funny as I’m not squeamish about gory horrors or anything as an adult.
i used to love bad girls ..made prison look a right laugh 🙈
showing my age here but my Dad was same - we was allowed to watch the Kenny Everett show when my mum went to an aerobic class (she didn't think it was appropriate viewing ) 🤣
We also used to visit our cousins on a Saturday and us kids regularly watched things like hammer house of horror.
i even wrote about the episode the house that bled to death in my 'news' at school on the Monday - this was in the last year of infants 🙈 i would ìmagine parents would be getting a call from the school or SS these days if kids wrote about watching horror films of a weekend 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
The scariest programme, without question, was Salems Lot. My parents were out and I watched it because it had nice David Soul from Starksy and Hutch. I was bleeping terrified. Glued to the sofa in fear and no remote control so couldn't change channels. Vampire children floating outside windows and tapping on them. What. The duck.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I read and enjoyed the Thursday Murder Club books for what they are, cozy crime palate cleansers before reading more gritty books. Some of the plot made me roll my eyes but I will give the film a go once it is made. Because Ben Kingsley is a brilliant actor in my view, though not who I pictured for Ibrahim, I know he's a good actor. Helen Mirren can be good, I hope she plays Elizabeth well. I imagined Celia Imrie's face in my head when reading but I do think she needs to not play Joyce as too posh, Joyce in my head has a sweet voice and is your usual common lady with no specific airs or graces.

I wonder who will play Stephen, Donna, Bogdan, and Chris.
Celia Imrie wasn’t too posh when she played that manky minx Mrs Begg in Still Game.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The scariest programme, without question, was Salems Lot. My parents were out and I watched it because it had nice David Soul from Starksy and Hutch. I was bleeping terrified. Glued to the sofa in fear and no remote control so couldn't change channels. Vampire children floating outside windows and tapping on them. What. The duck.
I was allowed to watch this when I was six. Terrifying.

• Wow
I loved tales of the unexpected, actually liked the music too! Maybe it's just tame compared to threads 😕 gosh, what were my parents thinking 🤔
I’m getting this mixed up with twilight zone! I remember one were a demon was on the wing of a plane mid flight, scared the tit out of me!

• Wow
  • Heart
I was scared by Armchair Thriller, especially Quiet as a nun episode with the nun with no face in a rocking chair .
Still freaked out by rocking chairs to this day .
I hate the Tales of the unexpected theme , really sinister.

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.