Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My parents also let me watch basically anything they were watching.

I watched The Bill right from small kid age to when it finished!

The Last Train - about a group of people who are on a train which survives the apocalypse - stayed with me for years after seeing it as a kid. Not in a traumatic way, it just stuck with me.

I also watched both Event Horizon and The Shining with my dad when I was only about 11!

Funnily, I don't think I was particularly scared by either back then but rewatching Event Horizon as an adult put the wind right up me 😂
I loved the last train!!!!

The one thing that traumatised me was this https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092115/ it has the original Harry Potter in it, I was about 9 and scarred for years...

Reactions: 2
I was traumatised from watching Threads at school when it came out. If I ever heard a plane I was convinced it was going to drop a nuclear bomb...I've never watched it since either...too scary.

Reactions: 18
The episode of Casualty where Josh the paramedic's entire family got killed because of someone turning on a light switch when there was a gas leak - not only traumatised me but made me paranoid about gas leaks and light switches for years!
It was a kettle I think! I still randomly think of it years later when making a cup of tea

Reactions: 4
I was traumatised from watching Threads at school when it came out. If I ever heard a plane I was convinced it was going to drop a nuclear bomb...I've never watched it since either...too scary.
I found an old Protect and Survive leaflet in the electric cupboard some time in the 80s and was quite traumatised by that.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Was it Duffy who was r*ped after being lured under some stairs by someone pretending to be homeless?
OMG, I was just replying that wasn't Duffy ( singer ) literally kidnapped by someone then realised you are talking about casualty 🤭

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
It was a kettle I think! I still randomly think of it years later when making a cup of tea
I saw an episode of a bbc show called something like cowboy workmen, rogue tradesmen? Basically tradespeople who had had loads of bad reviews were called to a job with hidden cameras and confronted if they fucked up. Anyway, a gas engineer was called to a woman’s house and told she thinks there’s a gas leak, so he went to check the boiler and to see if there was a gas leak used a lighter! Now I’m always 50\50 on whether to drive 6 streets away when the boiler needs a service 😂 Some things just stick don’t they!

• Wow
  • Haha
Funny you say this as I always used to think he was one of those people who wore the same jeans unwashed for months on end. No idea where that came from.!🤔
His ex-wife Brody Dalle has accused him of violence towards her.

A friend of mine encountered him on some stairs after a gig once and described him as "huge and intimidating".

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The Tripods for me. My father was very into it. To this day I can’t look at a wind farm without feeling a little nervy 😂
he’d also let me watch comedies that were way above my age so from toddling about I watched Python, Hancock, Fawlty Towers etc. Kenny Everett was by far my favourite, even though a good portion of it sailed over my head. I adored Sid Snot though.

• Heart
Think there's some lines blurring here between Duffy the singer, and Duffy off Casualty, the TV show that was being discussed.
Omg that is my fault. So sorry 😂. I thought it was a bit of a random comment as Duffy (the singer) hadn't been talked about recently 🤦‍♀️.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I loved The Tripods! I read the books as a teen as well. They are weirder than the TV series.

Reactions: 3
You have my sympathy. I watched this around the age of 10, no idea why BBC were showing this on what felt like a weekday evening, I have been traumatised since.
I think maybe my parents were out and brother babysitting but yeah, no way I would watch this again 😬

Reactions: 8
Did you ever watch The Way The Wind Blows? Those two programmes gave me major issues over death & losing family members when I was young. Absolutely traumatised me !!

• Sad
Reactions: 20
There's something about Josh Homme that makes me really, really, really, really uneasy - like a visceral reaction though I love QOTSA. Nothing he's said, nothing he's done - just a reaction!
He was a raging alcoholic (I believe he’s sober now) and he was a very very nasty drunk. Not sure what’s he’s like now, but imagine him to be quite tough. I’ve worked with a lot of rock “talent” over the years and fortunately he’s one that never crossed my path. But I’ve heard lots and lots of stories about him.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
As a family, our Thursday late night viewing when my dad got back from the pub (sometimes with a chippy, happy days) aged about 7 onwards was “whose line is it anyway?” followed immediately by Prisoner Cell Block H. Bedtimes were not a thing for me clearly. I remember saying in Year 4 at school that prisoner cell block h was my favourite tv show. 🤣🫣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Damien seems to be having a bit of a midlife crisis
What about his awful foray into music a few months back? I had to bleach it from my mind.

speaking of wannabe singers…. Who has seen the photos of Nick Knowles with his sugar baby at the Chelsea Flower Show? He’s looking very barrel bellied and on brand…
---
What happened to that young handsome short blonde lad that was the hunk in London’s Burning? Now that is a blast from the past!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.