Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Londons burning traumatised me so much that to this day I have an irrational fear of fire. Two things stick with me - a bathroom pull cord light overheating, dropping on to toilet roll and causing a huge fire. Also a lorry and a car on the motorway, side by side and they are shouting out the windows to each other saying move over you're too close. Lorry tips and lands on the car. I would have been about 8 or 9, I have no idea why I was allowed to watch it 😂

Things were so different in the 90s.
This sounds like something that would happen in a Final Destination film haha

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My parents also let me watch basically anything they were watching.

I watched The Bill right from small kid age to when it finished!

The Last Train - about a group of people who are on a train which survives the apocalypse - stayed with me for years after seeing it as a kid. Not in a traumatic way, it just stuck with me.

I also watched both Event Horizon and The Shining with my dad when I was only about 11!

Funnily, I don't think I was particularly scared by either back then but rewatching Event Horizon as an adult put the wind right up me 😂

Reactions: 22
Anyone have any intel on Kelly Rowland’s recent behaviour?

Dm Reporting she’s accused two people of aggressive behaviour. All due respects but the recent pics show her looking aggressive 🤷🏼‍♀️

she’s always come across as a diva who considers herself above her stations but I’m happy for someone to correct ne

Reactions: 15
I was scared to death after watching a Lord of the Flies type drama, where children were left to fend for themselves whilst there was a person in bed upstairs.
Life imitated art not too long after. Mum who was never ill confined to bed, not communicating, the weather was dark and oppressive, my sister gave me a "haircut" just like in the drama and my dad did the cooking!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Re: Ghost singers

Geri Halliwell used to work with singer/songwriter Tracy Ackerman who had a similar vocal tone and therefore would do some of the heavy lifting in her songs. In particular during the final chorus of Lift Me Up after the key change, the high notes are all Tracy.

Also Cathy Dennis can be heard on most of the S Club 7 tracks she wrote.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Anyone have any intel on Kelly Rowland’s recent behaviour?

Dm Reporting she’s accused two people of aggressive behaviour. All due respects but the recent pics show her looking aggressive 🤷🏼‍♀️

she’s always come across as a diva who considers herself above her stations but I’m happy for someone to correct ne
I saw this on TikTok… looks like she was pissed off with being herded up the steps

Reactions: 5
The rumours are it isn't supposed to be her, but when she was in Selena I saw something on her making it and she sang there and then and I thought she was fine, I don't know where the rumours started but I know she is no Mariah but she can carry a tune so I don't believe those rumours, they have been around for years.
She might sing a little but it's not all her on the songs and the women who do sing most of the vocals don't get any credit. Ashanti has talked about it in the past as have others and they admitted she has little involvement. A perfect example is Amerie's song One Thing, which was out in 2005. Amerie sang the song and handed it in and the label wanted to give it to JLO and pass it off as hers. Amerie refused and before they could get their hands on it, she took it to a radio station herself and got it played.

There are too many stories like this for there not to be something in it. This is a good video as the woman actually has stuff to backup her thoughts and doesn't just make claims.

---
And her song was bleeping shite. Further proof that we send any old shite to number 1 in the charts
I was on holiday in Turkey when the original Kiss Kiss...Simarik by Tarkan was released. You couldn't even go to the loo without hearing it played and I went from liking to loving to hating it several times the fortnight I was there. I still bought the cassette and brought it home though. Her version was as you say cack.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
The episode of Casualty where Josh the paramedic's entire family got killed because of someone turning on a light switch when there was a gas leak - not only traumatised me but made me paranoid about gas leaks and light switches for years!
That one wasn't shown when it was meant to as that exact thing happened in my home town in 1999

• Sad
Reactions: 15
On the subject of traumatising tv shows…my dad always used to let me stay up to watch Bad Girls on a Thursday night as my mam was out, I don’t know if anyone else can remember the scene when Shaz pierced Denny’s tongue with the nail. I couldn’t sleep that night and I can still picture that scene now. Funny as I’m not squeamish about gory horrors or anything as an adult.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
hahah this is me when Paul Blackthorne was on 24 playing an English guy. to be fair i now have a theory that when english ppl in american things sound weird it because we are hearing so many American voices around them it sounds odd
I thought that Cora Crawley in Downton Abbey had the worst American accent I had ever heard in my life. I still can't believe she's actually American!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
On the subject of traumatising tv shows…my dad always used to let me stay up to watch Bad Girls on a Thursday night as my mam was out, I don’t know if anyone else can remember the scene when Shaz pierced Denny’s tongue with the nail. I couldn’t sleep that night and I can still picture that scene now. Funny as I’m not squeamish about gory horrors or anything as an adult.
That scene when Yvonne gets locked in the hanging cell traumatised me.

Reactions: 11
Was it Duffy who was r*ped after being lured under some stairs by someone pretending to be homeless?
I don't remember that. She was kidnapped and taken abroad for quite some time apparently. She disappeared for ages and has only recently explained it. From what's been published I assumed she knew the person though.

Reactions: 12
Think there's some lines blurring here between Duffy the singer, and Duffy off Casualty, the TV show that was being discussed.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.