Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: ghost singers in studios to cover for a star's weak vocals, poor range or incapacity through drugs and booze - it definitely happens. It must be easier than editing a bad vocal and it probably just sounds better. The ghost singer gets a credit as an additional vocalist, their session fee and whatever else they can negotiate. They make their money by being quite anonymous a lot of the time and using this to be able to work on lots of different projects.

I read about Mandy Smith's album she did for SAW. Most of the singing you hear came from Suzanne Rhatigan. Mandy was right down in the mix. When Take That were recording their early albums, Jason's vocals were buried with someone else's tracks because his voice wasn't good.
Session singers are often there to mimic the sound of the lead singer and boost them in the choruses. That's what often makes certain ones particularly employable as opposed to only providing backing vocals.

Mandy Smith's vocal is certainly discernible on the PWL tracks she did, but also doubled all the way through by someone else, be it Suzanne Rhatigan or Mae McKenna. Mae particularly cleaned up doing loads of sessions there, back in the days when there was loads of recording work.

Reactions: 15
I have a bit of a girl crush on Cush Jumbo so would love her to be Donna - might not be good casting on my part though
I'm sorry but that name will never not make me giggle. How can anyone take her seriously? I'm sorta glad I didn't get a Macbeth ticket because having to say I'm going to see Macbeth with Cush Jumbo would have mortified me. it makes it sound like a a circus parody

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Londons burning traumatised me so much that to this day I have an irrational fear of fire. Two things stick with me - a bathroom pull cord light overheating, dropping on to toilet roll and causing a huge fire. Also a lorry and a car on the motorway, side by side and they are shouting out the windows to each other saying move over you're too close. Lorry tips and lands on the car. I would have been about 8 or 9, I have no idea why I was allowed to watch it 😂

Things were so different in the 90s.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Londons burning traumatised me so much that to this day I have an irrational fear of fire. Two things stick with me - a bathroom pull cord light overheating, dropping on to toilet roll and causing a huge fire. Also a lorry and a car on the motorway, side by side and they are shouting out the windows to each other saying move over you're too close. Lorry tips and lands on the car. I would have been about 8 or 9, I have no idea why I was allowed to watch it 😂

Things were so different in the 90s.
It is an interesting note that deaths from car accidents have about halved since I was a kid.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm sorry but that name will never not make me giggle. How can anyone take her seriously? I'm sorta glad I didn't get a Macbeth ticket because having to say I'm going to see Macbeth with Cush Jumbo would have mortified me. it makes it sound like a a circus parody
It’s a good elephant name.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The episode of Casualty where Josh the paramedic's entire family got killed because of someone turning on a light switch when there was a gas leak - not only traumatised me but made me paranoid about gas leaks and light switches for years!

Reactions: 39
Was it Duffy who was r*ped after being lured under some stairs by someone pretending to be homeless?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I always thought Holly Valance was an obnoxious bleep and I’ve now been proven right. Her and her ugly husband who she’d never have looked twice at if he wasn’t a billionaire can duck off. She’s never had to work for anything and doesn’t live in the real world. Silly witch. Olympia is also much prettier than her.
I didn’t think I could love you more @Gym&Tonic 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I always thought Holly Valance was an obnoxious bleep and I’ve now been proven right. Her and her ugly husband who she’d never have looked twice at if he wasn’t a billionaire can duck off. She’s never had to work for anything and doesn’t live in the real world. Silly witch. Olympia is also much prettier than her.
And her song was bleeping shite. Further proof that we send any old shite to number 1 in the charts

Reactions: 12
Reactions: 9
They don't seem to reaise that it just makes them look older by comparison to the barely-adult person on their arm. See also Ronnie Wood and his carer wife: https://www.independent.ie/style/ce...ses-to-girlfriend-of-six-months/28825134.html

There are fewer women that hook up with younger men - mainly because there are far fewer stinkingly rich women out there...
One for all you Cure fans Roger O'Donnells gfs are always much younger and not at all age appropriate and since the passing of his latest wife he's got Simon Gallup going down that route..

your points exactly
---
It’s a good elephant name.
perhaps she should be in Water For Elephants currently on Broadway.. i'll get me coat

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Damian strikes me as having a bit of a breakdown since Helen died. And the new girlfriend is only too aware of it.

Reminds me of Kate Garraway, back at work within weeks of her husband dying, out on the red carpet at any envelope being opened - anything to avoid being home with grieving kids :(

• Sad
Reactions: 29
There's something about Josh Homme that makes me really, really, really, really uneasy - like a visceral reaction though I love QOTSA. Nothing he's said, nothing he's done - just a reaction!
Funny you say this as I always used to think he was one of those people who wore the same jeans unwashed for months on end. No idea where that came from.!🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I learnt a valuable life lesson from Casualty. Don’t try to separate frozen beef burgers with a sharp knife.
I learned that the hard way in real life when I was about 14. Cut my finger right through to the bone, but my mum & auntie told me I was fine, “just run your finger under the tap” 🤷‍♀️ :cautious:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.