Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my goodness me. Just saw on Reddit that Rufus Sewell is marrying a 26 year old.
This seems to confirm it. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67635469
I liked him in The Man in the High Castle in a 'he-is-evil-character-but-somehow-sexy' way (yes i was disgusted with myself), but this is putting me off also, yikes.

There seems to be a trend with celebs that they are afraid of ageing, especially with men going with women young enough to be their daughters and sometimes granddaughters. Like they are afraid to be seen with an ageing woman...

Reactions: 14

They aren't going to fall out over different views. Mail should concentrate about finding out how old Olympia is when at the start it says 31 but under a photo of her it says 26.
I always thought Holly Valance was an obnoxious bleep and I’ve now been proven right. Her and her ugly husband who she’d never have looked twice at if he wasn’t a billionaire can duck off. She’s never had to work for anything and doesn’t live in the real world. Silly witch. Olympia is also much prettier than her.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
When the Thursday Murder books came out I had a long debate with daughter as to actors, we agreed about Helen Mirren being Elizabeth, but Joyce should be short and dumpy, I had Julie Walters in mind.

Mind you, nothing can persuade me Ron is Brosnan, when he finally gets a girlfriend people are shell shocked, no he will always be Ray Winstone in my head.

Isn’t Stephen Elizabeth’s toyboy? Maybe Richard E Grant.

May be a bit old, but Philip Glennister for Chris

Reactions: 10
I read and enjoyed the Thursday Murder Club books for what they are, cozy crime palate cleansers before reading more gritty books. Some of the plot made me roll my eyes but I will give the film a go once it is made. Because Ben Kingsley is a brilliant actor in my view, though not who I pictured for Ibrahim, I know he's a good actor. Helen Mirren can be good, I hope she plays Elizabeth well. I imagined Celia Imrie's face in my head when reading but I do think she needs to not play Joyce as too posh, Joyce in my head has a sweet voice and is your usual common lady with no specific airs or graces.

I wonder who will play Stephen, Donna, Bogdan, and Chris.
I believe he fits the role well because
imo, from plot foreshadowing, he has a sinister past and will be found to be a torturer/interrogator during his early life in Egypt (very like Gus Fring in Better Call Saul). That, or it could be because they look similar, both having a thinning thatch.

Reactions: 3
Someone on Reddit has suggested Bradley Walsh for Ron and that gets my vote.

They have also said Natalie Emmanuel would make a good Donna and I can totally see that.

ETA I realise how boring this must be to people with no interest in TMC so apologies but I love fantasy casting :oops:

Reactions: 13
The seemingly universal worship of Dave Grohl really gets on my nips for some reason. Couldn’t name a single one of their bloody songs either. 🙄
My nips are in agreement. Same with Sue Perkins*. Whenever a celeb is deemed a 'good egg' I'm like 'not so fast there, pal'.

*I know from reading here that Perkins is a bit of a cow to her exes.

Reactions: 28
I loved Brookie. Sad to read of Vince Earl’s illness mentioned above.
I absolutely adored Brookie. And had a mad crush on Barry Grant at the time. They dealt with so many taboo topics and it's mad thinking back that I was allowed watch it and yet not allowed watch Grange Hill :LOL: I think in it's twilight years it did begin to decline but I was terribly sad when it ended. They dealt with stuff like marital rape, sibling incest and children murdering children.

I remember someone telling me that it was the whole Trevor Jordache storyline in 1993 which ultimately precipitated the digging up of 25 Cromwell Street a year later. That there had been rumours for years of the Wests having buried people in the backyard but nothing was taken seriously until Brookside and that particular storyline captured the public's imagination. Not sure if that's true but it makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I liked him in The Man in the High Castle in a 'he-is-evil-character-but-somehow-sexy' way (yes i was disgusted with myself), but this is putting me off also, yikes.

There seems to be a trend with celebs that they are afraid of ageing, especially with men going with women young enough to be their daughters and sometimes granddaughters. Like they are afraid to be seen with an ageing woman...
It's not unheard of for women either (see Madonna)

Reactions: 9
My nips are in agreement. Same with Sue Perkins*. Whenever a celeb is deemed a 'good egg' I'm like 'not so fast there, pal'.

*I know from reading here that Perkins is a bit of a cow to her exes.
My cynical nips feel validated. Thank you 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Watching old episodes of Casualty, they are extremely gritty in their content, and my parents has me watching them from the start. I was a small child and they were post-watershed!

Reactions: 20
Watching old episodes of Casualty, they are extremely gritty in their content, and my parents has me watching them from the start. I was a small child and they were post-watershed!
Same! Some of them truly scared me! You were always waiting for the accident to occur and the build up to it often had me on edge 🫣

Reactions: 22
The seemingly universal worship of Dave Grohl really gets on my nips for some reason. Couldn’t name a single one of their bloody songs either. 🙄
I love me a good rocker autobiography, can't beat a bit of sex, drugs and rock and roll. I've read them all. The only one I never made it more than half way through was Dave Grohl. It was so 'nice' it set my teeth on edge. Nobody is that nice. There was only so much reading about how nice he was I could take unfortunately.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The woman who played Hyacinth's sister (married to Onslow) looks and sounds like my Joyce 😁 Didn't Joyce's daughter finance her? But yes, I agree they're more MC than WC.
---

Ibrahim should be cuddly! Ben Kingsley isn't cuddly.

I need to stop caring about this 🫥
Do you mean Judy Cornwell re Hyacinth's sister?
1716383217297.png

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I love me a good rocker autobiography, can't beat a bit of sex, drugs and rock and roll. I've read them all. The only one I never made it more than half way through was Dave Grohl. It was so 'nice' it set my teeth on edge. Nobody is that nice. There was only so much reading about how nice he was I could take unfortunately.
Especially when there’s widely spread rumours about his affair with some one. Can’t remember who. Some musician. Might be the lady who’s hooked up with Damian Lewis

Reactions: 3

They aren't going to fall out over different views. Mail should concentrate about finding out how old Olympia is when at the start it says 31 but under a photo of her it says 26.
There's no way Olympia is 26, she was in Neighbours about 10 years ago and her character was an adult when she arrived.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.