Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a bit of a girl crush on Cush Jumbo so would love her to be Donna - might not be good casting on my part though

Reactions: 10
I think something was amiss at the Taylor Hawkins tribute gig. Not sure what, but I got a vibe from his daughter that she wasn’t happy with him, and not because he was making her sing live in front of thousands of people. I still love him though, and I still love Josh Homme despite his coke fuelled kick at photographer Chelsea Lauren (I honestly don’t think he meant it 😕)
I didn't get that vibe at all, Violet was just super nervous and emotional performing I think, she was only 16 at the time.

I follow her on insta and she adores her dad, she occasionally shares old pics of him (his personal collection) which is sweet.

Reactions: 4
The seemingly universal worship of Dave Grohl really gets on my nips for some reason. Couldn’t name a single one of their bloody songs either. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
In the late 90s/early 2000s the Foo Fighters were vocally supportive of a very dodgy organisation who were AIDS deniers.

This organisation believed that “HIV did not cause AIDS — and that HIV was, in fact, harmless and non-contagious”.

Their bass player read a book about it and somehow got the idea that these people meant well. The Foos even played a benefit concert for them.

Edited to add. It’s worth reading the article to see the full context, because I don’t think the Foos’ intentions were malicious, just really, really misguided.
But it is fascinating to learn how this has all been scrubbed from the band’s history.
There used to be a big section on their Wikipedia entry that went into great detail about it some years ago and it’s such a bizarre concept, I thought I’d imagined it. However, there’s still a small section about it on there so it hasn’t been scrubbed entirely.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I didn't get that vibe at all, Violet was just super nervous and emotional performing I think, she was only 16 at the time.

I follow her on insta and she adores her dad, she occasionally shares old pics of him (his personal collection) which is sweet.
Yea their relationship is very sweet.
She seemed to enjoy Glastonbury last year.
I cant get over how much she looks like Virginia.

Reactions: 3
He was shagging Alison Mosshart behind his wife’s back for ages, Alison was telling anyone who would listen he was leaving his wife and kid for her.
He dumped he when COVID happened tho.
In my head this said Alison Moyet and I thought bloody hell there’s hope for me and Dave yet he’s obviously not that fussy 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
This one left me speechless: The Bullet That Missed

Elizabeth, a retired spy, who has offed many people in her time, has to carry out an execution of another retired spy (her ex-lover) in order for a cardboard caricature character (The Viking) not to murder her bestie, Joyce.

(Are you with me? Believable. Happens every day.)

However, retired professional, long-time spy, Elizabeth, and the other spy fake it and both forget to retrieve the bullet she fired into the ceiling to make the event appear real. (Viking man was listening in.) Whoops! How very careless! It must have slipped their minds, I guess.

Then, this Viking (cardboard character) goes to the flat to check it out because he has a feeling the deed was not done.

Being an old spy, the person who was supposed to be done in by Elizabeth has a Fort Knox-type door entry system.

(Time for your brain to fall out.)

The Viking gains entry because................................................................................................. (blow me down with a feather!) he only has the codes to get in as (would you believe it?) he owns the company that fitted this exact door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What extraordinary luck!

He finds the bullet that these seasoned professionals forgot about and feels he's been made to look a fool now that he's been duped by pensioners (especially as he could have gained access to the place at any time to rig it up with cameras or do whatever the Hell else he wanted).

Somehow, they all end up friends.

The End.

(Brain can be reinserted.)
Thank you! That sounds like a completely different style of book than everyone talks about them as. I thought it was going to be a very intricate and complex but very clever plot from the way his writing is discussed.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There used to be a big section on their Wikipedia entry that went into great detail about it some years ago and it’s such a bizarre concept, I thought I’d imagined it. However, there’s still a small section about it on there so it hasn’t been scrubbed entirely.
I didn't know there was still a mention on their wikipedia page! Thank you for clafifying :)

• Heart
I know Joyce isn’t written as posh but she must be fairly well to do because god knows how much the fees are for that retirement home!!
The fees for the home are paid for by Joyce's daughter, who has some kind of extremely well paid job in London! And wants her mum out of her hair!

I like the Thursday Murder club....partly because they are so escapist and so unbelievable. They are a bit like a modern day version of Agatha Christie, cosy murder plots that arent actually that true to life!
I think the characters are believable, but agree the plots arent!!

Reactions: 18
So they use other artists singing alongside (over the top) of her rather than editing her voice because it sounds stronger that way? I wonder how much the ‘carrying’ artist is paid for that.
Not much, a lot were shopped demos, singers need to hear songs before they choose them.
So they get a singer in to do a bunch of demos that are then shopped around artists.
The singers who sing are sometimes on a general contract with whoever is making the demos, so if they'll get paid it would be a flat fee.

Reactions: 7
I think the Thursday Murder Club would be much better as a 6 x 1 hr series - they could really delve into the characters and stop it all just looking like 'old people get involved in a caper' that way. They could still include all the sunny rolling countryside shots they need to flog the show overseas but still keep a gritty element (it is about a murder after all. The casting of Bogdan is key to keep the right level of humour. I'd be more than happy to watch that at 8pm on a Sunday in January.

Reactions: 30
In the late 90s/early 2000s the Foo Fighters were vocally supportive of a very dodgy organisation who were AIDS deniers.

This organisation believed that “HIV did not cause AIDS — and that HIV was, in fact, harmless and non-contagious”.

Their bass player read a book about it and somehow got the idea that these people meant well. The Foos even played a benefit concert for them.

Edited to add. It’s worth reading the article to see the full context, because I don’t think the Foos’ intentions were malicious, just really, really misguided.
But it is fascinating to learn how this has all been scrubbed from the band’s history.
Wow, I don’t remember any of this. I think they probably thought they had good intentions but think they should have addressed it back in 2003 when they removed their references to it.

I liked the Richard Osman books while totally agreeing that they are not great literature and the plots are mad. There are some nice bits of characterisation.

I love the Rest is Entertainment podcast Osman does with Marina Hyde, and one reason is that he is unashamedly about the mass market (and I imagine extremely rich as a result) whereas Marina is not, and that leads to some interesting conversations that definitely take me outside my ‘bubble’ in a lovely non-toxic way.
The Osmans are a talented family - his older brother is the bass player in Suede.

Reactions: 5

They aren't going to fall out over different views. Mail should concentrate about finding out how old Olympia is when at the start it says 31 but under a photo of her it says 26.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The seemingly universal worship of Dave Grohl really gets on my nips for some reason. Couldn’t name a single one of their bloody songs either. 🙄
Hard agree. I said similar to a chum who was a big fan of the FF and he said "Duh, Dave Grohl was in Nirvana 🙄" as if I didn't know that (we were both 17 in 1991). I said "Yeah, I know and listen to his tit now". Really childish 😇

Reactions: 11
Joyce is my all time favourite … when she joined Instagram as @greatjoy69 I laughed like a DRAIN !
With all the tit in the world they offer an amusing diversion.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.