Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't stand Richard Osman or his tit books. I have no idea how he's managed to convince the world he's some kind of erudite intellectual just because he can read some facts off a computer screen. It's clear that of the two of them, Alexander Armstrong is the intelligent one.
I occasionally watch house of games but it's nowhere near as clever as he thinks it is and don't get me started on when he tries to read something in a foreign language as if he speaks it fluently but is actually mangling it beyond recognition.
Rant over.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Can't stand Richard Osman or his tit books. I have no idea how he's managed to convince the world he's some kind of erudite intellectual just because he can read some facts off a computer screen. It's clear that of the two of them, Alexander Armstrong is the intelligent one.
I occasionally watch house of games but it's nowhere near as clever as he thinks it is and don't get me started on when he tries to read something in a foreign language as if he speaks it fluently but is actually mangling it beyond recognition.
Rant over.
My OH hates him with an absolute passion.
He's another one like Stephen Fry who thinks they are oh so clever.
I haven't read any of his books so can't judge that. But I imagine they are twee with lots of references to Werther's Originals and Antiques Roadshow.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Without a doubt House of Games is the most convoluted board game I have had the misfortune to play 😬.

I do credit Richard Osman for speaking so openly about his food addiction though.

Reactions: 9
To be fair if I was Jennifer Lopez I’d probably love myself 😂 I like the songs of hers I know, I wasn’t aware it wasn’t her singing, what happens when she tours?! Does she just mime?
The rumours are it isn't supposed to be her, but when she was in Selena I saw something on her making it and she sang there and then and I thought she was fine, I don't know where the rumours started but I know she is no Mariah but she can carry a tune so I don't believe those rumours, they have been around for years.

Reactions: 8
Rant over.
You have to throw your brain out the window for his appalling books' plots to work.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
You have to throw your brain out the window for his appalling books' plots to work.
Really??? Oh I'm so pleased to hear that 😂
I presumed they were utter tit but glad that is confirmed. Occasionally I browse those charity bookcases in supermarkets and his are always there. But I can't even be arsed to get one for 50p.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I listened to about a quarter of the way through TTMC and yawned my head off at it OH has all his books but I haste to add he hasn't read them either I just could not get into it and I don't often throw a book out. Can't stand Stephen Fry either I preferred Jim Dales version of the Harry Potter Books

I remember watching this video about other people singing JLo's songs, she took songs that had been recorded as demos by other singers and kept their vocals on her version. Listen to her at the start 😬:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I like Richard Osman but when I read the premise of his books I was very disappointed as I expected something more interesting and original from him.

I cannot abide the Old Folks/Smug Middle Aged Women/Random head Solves Crime genre and I don't welcome new entries to it! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Why do they use other artists vocals (who they have to pay?) rather than just editing the credited artists voice? So on that song they’ve paid that other woman to sing it and paid jlo to pretend to sing it or sing part of it? Can’t they just ‘photoshop’ jlos voice? (Sorry I don’t know technical terms 😂)

Reactions: 3
I like Richard Osman but when I read the premise of his books I was very disappointed as I expected something more interesting and original from him.

I cannot abide the Old Folks/Smug Middle Aged Women/Random head Solves Crime genre and I don't welcome new entries to it! 😂
See also smug Rev Richard Coles with his murder in cosy English village books. They're all angling for a bloody TV series aren't they?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Can someone do an overview with spoilers so I can know all about the terrible plots please! I only made it to the end of chapter two before I abandoned it 👀😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
TMC seemed to employ every stereotype about older people... countdown, early bird suppers, werthers originals. Like RO had never met an actual "senior citizen". The book gave me RAAAGE!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The rumours are it isn't supposed to be her, but when she was in Selena I saw something on her making it and she sang there and then and I thought she was fine, I don't know where the rumours started but I know she is no Mariah but she can carry a tune so I don't believe those rumours, they have been around for years.
In most of her earlier singles, they'd have other vocalists sing the chorus in additional to her weak vocal track, which would help a fair bit.

As far as I recollect, Jennifer Lopez was mining to Selena's vocals in the film.

Reactions: 6
In most of her earlier singles, they'd have other vocalists sing the chorus in additional to her weak vocal track, which would help a fair bit.

As far as I recollect, Jennifer Lopez was mining to Selena's vocals in the film.
So they use other artists singing alongside (over the top) of her rather than editing her voice because it sounds stronger that way? I wonder how much the ‘carrying’ artist is paid for that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.