Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
You need to watch Supernova on Amazon Prime if you want old gay people, it's heartwrenchingly beautiful. Gay men though, not women.

There are two old ladies who live near me who are in their early 90's, they've been together since their teens, and they got married in 2015 when it was legal, and are so chuffed they are each other's next of kin. One of them told me her dad would be turning in his grave though, because he told her that her friendship with the other lady would put off a potential husband. Daft old bugger, she said, what do I need with a husband when I've got a wife?
Stories like this always make me feel good about humanity, after people (gay or straight for that matter) have stuck together that long, they deserve their happy ever after.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
Bless your Auntie. ❤ My Nan thinks Cliff is a lovely boy, and it's a crying shame he's never met the right woman.
My aunt used to have pictures of Dale Winton she'd cut out from the papers stick to the inside of her kitchen cupboard doors

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
Imagine having the nerve to say you’ve had no work done and it’s so bloody obvious you have!

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Why are so many celebrities linked with running for president? I can’t think of other countries where they want to become politicians. Do they not realise it’s an actual job with responsibilities or am I being naive and it’s not a real job with responsibilities?
It seems like anyone can throw their hat in the ring and get their name linked to it (The Rock, Meghan, Kanye, Clooney etc)
Started with Reagan that, I reckon. I know I’m British and our politicians suck balls, but I find it totally bizarre that in a country the size of the US, the best they can come up with as front runners are Donald Trump and a senile old duffer who shits his pants.

• Haha
  • Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Not to sound a million years old (I'm only in my 30s!) but it's amazing what TikTok/Gen Z types will overlook at the same as declaring someone "problematic" because they were once in the same room as someone who has a Bad Opinion.
Just don't get someone's pronouns wrong .... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 44

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
There’s a thread on Mumsnet about Michael Barrymore at the moment, couple of posters (I.e. Barrymore) desperately going on about libel and telling posters who are critical to shut up,as there’s no proof etc.
Has he got a bot from in China liking his TikTok’s and monitoring shit said about him or something? its creepy as fuck.
I work with people a lot younger than me and therefore who didn’t grow up with him on their TVs. They follow his TikTok, love his - what they deem - naff, try hard personality, and a few have said “he’s like when my dad tried to chat with my friends.”

I’ve gone on ad nauseam as to what happened, his subsequent behaviour etc but it seems to fall on deaf ears. I don’t think it’s bots; I think it’s young people totally oblivious.

• Sad
  • Wow

Girty Drifter

I completely agree with this. I lost 7st in 2018-19 and people responded to me very differently (I lost - and regained - 4st some years prior to that and noticed the same thing then). If you're an overweight man it doesn't seem to be an impediment in the same way. Just reinforces the idea that as women we're basically there for the male gaze :(
Yup. I lost lots of weight a few years ago and my next door neighbour, who had never so much as breathed in my direction in the six previous years, suddenly became very friendly.

I assured her that I was just as unapproachable slim as I was fat, and she scuttled off never to bother me again. We still don’t speak, probably more to do with the fact that I’m fat again rather than that I was a bitch 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
There are not enough words to describe how much I hate the Met Gala. I always lose a bit of respect for anyone who attends.
It does leave a bad taste in the mouth. All that money and vulgarity and self publicising. It’s like the court of Versailles when the peasants were starving (I know that’s a tad hyberbolic).

on another note, if you watch the live footage of Kim Kardashian in that dress, she looks like she’s about to pass out at any moment. It’s so fucking stupid.

TheMogadon

Sorry back to the met gala but just reading in the daily fail that Anna Wintour chose Lauren Sanchez’s dress, and that was the condition of letting her have an invite. Why does no one tell Wintour to F off. I do get the meanest of mean girls vibes from Lauren though. Her and Bezos are such an odd looking couple.
She’s got brass balls considering she looks like my granny bumbling around in her housecoat. Fuck off Anna I might not have your money but I can pull a better look together from H&M

And her hair looks like Lego hair.

• Haha
  • Heart

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
sorry the vulva has 4 holes

‘On either side of the vagina are another two tiny holes. These are the greater vestibular ducts, leading to the greater vestibular glands. Their job is to secrete a lubricating fluid when you’re aroused, which gets the vulva good and wet.’

The greater vestibular ducts are also known as Bartholin’s glands. Yes, they’re named after a man.

That’s four holes and counting, but wait, there’s more! The urethra has a pair, too, known as the lesser urethral ducts (also called Skene’s glands), which lead to the lesser urethral glands.

‘These are homologous to the prostate, and sometimes secrete a whitish fluid when aroused (female ejaculation),’ the experts said. ‘These glands aren’t usually counted as a main hole as they’re very small, but they can be seen with the naked eye.’

so a woman has 5!

……….the turns this thread takes 😂😂

Plus every day is a school day!

• Haha