Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
Of course the Be Kind generation wouldn’t give a shot about a young man being raped to death.
They probably think Barrymore can’t be guilty as he doesn’t identify as a murderer.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

lamaitresse

VIP Member
Liberace was NOT gay, alright?
In the old days of MSN Messenger you could 'send' an image and set it as your sendee's background (without their consent). I changed my dad's background to the LIberace Stars & Stripes Can-Can picture and he was ENRAGED :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

Lalla

VIP Member
We were quite mystified too. Lovely Dame Floella rightly got a very different response. I’ve been at an event with her and she talks about her Playschool babies a lot. And everyone in the room responds. I used to work with her brother.
How incredible does Dame Floella look for 74? :eek: She has barely aged in 40 odd years since I was watching her as a child on Play School. In fact I realise this would have been 1976-77, so closer to 50 years. She looks younger than I do!

• Heart
Reactions: 60

House of Tea

VIP Member
I thought the audience appreciation of LK was muted, including from her husband.

The stand up was led by her chief sycophant Mark Hayes? So called fashion expert who wouldn’t have a career if it wasn’t for her. I noticed Andi Peters was reluctant to stand. I get the sense that LK is only chirpy to the big people. The ones lower than her probably wouldn’t get a nod from her. Judi Love seems a decent sort to me. Self effacing, grateful for all her recent chances, but was also a social worker so has seen real hardship and unsung heroes. I trust her judgment here.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
i can’t remember who said it on here but they can dress him up all they want, he’s always going to be the odd wee lad of the scheme
It’s true. He’s got such an odd face too. None of his features match and he looks like a police photo fit or the human equivalent of an XL bully.
At least his fashion choices are interesting though and he doesn’t go for the boring black suit and tie.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Kate Beckinsale has posted on IG denying that she’s ever had plastic surgery/botox/fillers etc

*cough* bullshit! *cough*

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58

Coniferhedge

Chatty Member
Seemingly harmless things that make me feel absolute inexplicable rage number 259 - the way Brooklyn Beckham always has his eyes half closed. I think he probably thinks he looks sexy. He doesn’t. He just looks gormless.

• Haha

QueenieMcSheenee

Without derailing the thread, society has a huge issue with overweight women. I know, I’m one of them.

The problem I have with Rebel Wilson and Adele, even Fern Britton to some degree is the lack of transparency. You shouldn’t feel ashamed to say ‘I had surgery to lose weight’ but people do and then claim they’ve lost the weight through diet and exercise. Again, I speak from experience that I have lost several stone at a time then regained it. Very few don’t put the weight back on.

The beauty about Wegovy for example is it stops the food noise so many of us have (but again the weight returns when you stop taking it)

if the likes of Adele and Rebel came out and owned their surgery, it would normalise it for the rest of us.

At this stage, no one knows what the truth is with SBC and RW but SB jumping on it like he’s breaking the story makes me 🤔
I’ve been fat then very thin now fat again. The difference in the way you get treated as a slim woman is astonishing people (inc women) were far more friendly, patient and helpful. I was taken more seriously at work at that time too.

• Sad
  • Heart

lamaitresse

VIP Member
Minge is my favourite word! To the point that when I mean to say to my sister “I’ll see you in a min”,
I actually say “see you in a minge” (or sometimes even mingit)
I once said 'Crunchy Cunt Cornflakes' by mistake and I have no idea why. Worse, I said it to my mum and her best friend. (Still embarrassed decades later).

• Haha
Reactions: 55

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
We were quite mystified too. Lovely Dame Floella rightly got a very different response. I’ve been at an event with her and she talks about her Playschool babies a lot. And everyone in the room responds. I used to work with her brother.

• Heart
Reactions: 55