Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Friend confirmed Cilla was an arse and Kylie wonderful (I do remember mentioning that before).
I've mentioned it in a previous thread, but I used to be cabin crew before and I met Kylie. Completely agree with your friend. Kylie was absolutely lovely.
A friend of mine who worked for a separate airline met her too and said the same thing. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Yeah I'm able to cope with it . I had a great life now , well I have a rare blood cancer but I'm responding well too treatment and I can live a long time with myelofibrosis so I'm looking at it as a sign that life's too short and bad things happen but don't let them divine you xxx
Oh my, what a fighter you are. Sending you all the virtual love xx

ETA - I saw your other post that you're in a wonderful marriage. Love conquers all ❤

• Heart

Michelle75

I don’t want to go back through all the Weinstein stuff but just read his genitals were deformed from Fournier’s gangrene. Google it if you have a strong stomach. 🤢🤢
Omfg...i cannot unsee what i have just seen. This condition is horrendous!!! Gonna be wickedly evil now...shame we couldnt give this condition to sexual predotors and abusers. Bet that would stop the fuckers!!

Oh i feel a warnings coming at me! Sorry:censored:

• Haha
  • Heart

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
I'm not banging on about this but I thought the same initially and had it pointed out to me that white people have historically laughed at black people by 'blacking up' and parodying their culture (black and white minstrel show etc). White people have never suffered this. I changed my opinion after that and stand corrected.
That is factually not true. For example, in New Orleans, the black people’s parade started off entirely as a mockery of white people and their parades.

White people playing black characters is not offensive. Anyone offended by Desiree in Little Britain should be grateful that they don’t have more to worry about in their privileged lives.

• Angry
  • Haha
I’m sure I read this back in the day and remember trying to convince workmates of it - they weren’t having any of it.
it definitely happened. At the time I think Harry was still needed his boy band image so it wouldn’t be wise to come out openly. I notice that in recent years he has started to dress more flamboyant and has given up on the cover up girlfriends

I’ve heard Nick interview Harry on BBC radio one and There was obvious chemistry and history. You could just tell

She was also dining out in New York and at the next table were African Americans celebrating something. She was not happy with the noise so shouted over 'remember the colonies' or something else massively racist at them. She seems like a Nazi tbh.
Can’t say I’m suprised by her behaviour, as she has long been accused of being a racist, hence the wearing of the Blackamoor Brooch. Didn’t they sell their country mansion a few years ago, and banked the money before moving to Kensington Palace for a peppercorn rent? And then they were “forced” to move out to make way for Harry & Meghan?? Not sure where they are living now, or if they have separated (but not divorced) and have separate houses now? And didn’t Freddy Windsor marry Claudia Winkleman’s sister? Jeez, imagine having Princess Michael as your MIL?!!! Poor girl !!

• Haha

Bubblegumblades

Chatty Member
It also rarely gets mentioned but I believe Steven Tyler 'adopted' and underage girl so he could take her on tour. Disgusting.
The song "deuces are wild" was written about her....which pissed me off when I read about the whole thing because I loved that song but I couldn't listen to it without feeling sick about it's sordid beginnings.

I don't get these mothers who pimp their young girls out. It started when I was about 11 and my mum used to shout at men when she caught them looking. She would literally shout "What are you looking at? She's a child!" Even when I was late teens she would call significantly older men perverts if they were serving.

Falkor

VIP Member
Interesting story from Twitter. Apparently David Walliams and Matt Lucas have apologised for dressing up in “Blackface” and also for impersonating people from other races. I heard the Beeb had banned Little Britain from its streaming service. Also, Fawlty Towers was banned, mainly because of the “Germans” episode. Are people going a bit OTT with this? Or is it justified? 🤷‍♀️
Fawlty Towers isn't banned - several platforms have temporarily removed The Germans because they've realised they were using the original version where the Major refers to n*****s and w**s rather than a later John Cleese-approved edit by the BBC which cuts that line out. The edited version of that episode will be uploaded to platforms shortly.

• Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Apparently the sole reason Hollyoaks is still on (it has abysmal viewing figures and C4 have been unable to sell it abroad) is that standard pay for many years now is £450 a week, apart from the long-standing cast members and occasional stunt casting.
Which makes sense as to why the actors are happy to leave and never be on tv again - they can make the same money working six days in Aldi 🤣🤣🤣
Brookside eventually ended as the cast of talented actors (they had some damn good names on that, didn’t they!) ended up being too costly compared to the audience it pulled in and the ad revenue it could attract.
It’s funny you should mention Brookside, I was just saying yesterday I wished channel 4 would show reruns. Old Eastenders, Corrie and Emmerdale are being repeated so I’m not giving up hope!

Enpen45

Cilla’s mum had a stall in a market in Liverpool and would sell all cilla’s dresses. Her mum went into a nursing home when she couldn’t care for herself anymore and apparently Cilla would very rarely visit her. Always just flying visits for a few minutes once or twice a year.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow

Won’t you have a cup

Laughing (in recognition) at the Woodpecker cider!

There is a common factor for the ‘wild children’, and it is their mothers. Mandy Smith’s mother appears to have been quite at ease with Mandy and Nicola going to clubs when underage, trying to catch the eye of rich men. I can’t imagine that they developed that strategy themselves: as Red Magnolia points out, most girls of that age would have been happy with some cider and copping off with a boy from school down the youth club disco at 13 (or 15, in Nicola’s case). I suspect that dear old mum encouraged them and told them where to go and how to act.

i suspect that she also taught her daughters that the most important thing in life was looking glam and finding a wealthy man to pay for things. They absorbed that message well.

i can recall Emma Ridley’s mother posing for a ‘saucy’ photo shoot for one of the tabloids in the eighties, after Emma had been in the news repeatedly. It was really embarrassing. Apparently she did it because the reporter said, “it will be sensational”. Eh? Where was Emma Ridley’s mother when her daughter was drinking, drugging and dancing on tables in nightclubs in sexy underwear aged 15? Perhaps she also encouraged her daughter’s behaviour.

I feel sorry for the daughters, in a way. Imagine your life’s focus being getting a man to pay for things for you, and believing that your appearance is all you are worth.

Reactions: 19
Thatcher was unbelievably naive. She had a man called Peter Morrison as her Parliamentary secretary and he as named by several MP's as a Pederest if not pedophile. He was succeeded as an MP by Gyles Brandreth who said there lots of people when he met at the general election who said Morrison was into little boys.
I get that Thatcher was naive, but, was she deaf also?? She was a mother as well as PM, and surely she must have been told the truth about that bastard man? Same as Charles, a father!! What is that old saying- you can judge a person by the company they keep?? ..

Shes in Real Estate now. I yhink she followed the family footsteps. The Word brings back memories. Terry Christian and Mark Lamaar
Does anyone remember a show called The Hitman and Her? Post pub TV with Michaela Strachan and Pete Waterman??

Last edited:
Also, another snippet on the gracious ways of Princess Michael.
When pointless coke-head son married the beautiful successful actress, PM bemoaned the "miserable budget" the parents of Sophie Winkleman supplied!
It seemed more than enough to me, and in any case why would you humiliate and antagonise your D.I.L andher whole family?
What a cow! A massive egotist and narcissist.

• Wow
  • Heart

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
I read a good story in PopBitch yesterday re Cilla Black.
Apparently as was her wont she once bollocked and humiliated a poor runner in front of the whole studio.
Her salmon sandwich was smoked, not canned.
Subsequently, the bullied runner rose through the ranks ofLWT, and vetoed any opportunity the old bag for getting back on telly!
I read that on there years ago, but I am a celeb fiend. Does anyone recall a magazine journalist going undercover as a contestant on Blind Date and Cilla finding out??

vikka

VIP Member
The song "deuces are wild" was written about her....which pissed me off when I read about the whole thing because I loved that song but I couldn't listen to it without feeling sick about it's sordid beginnings.

I don't get these mothers who pimp their young girls out. It started when I was about 11 and my mum used to shout at men when she caught them looking. She would literally shout "What are you looking at? She's a child!" Even when I was late teens she would call significantly older men perverts if they were serving.
Just to quickly say: Your mum's awesome!

• Heart

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
Disgusting comment. The oppressed (black people) mocking their oppressors (white people) cannot be compared to the oppressor desensitising fellow oppressors by mocking the oppressed.
It’s the 21st century. White people are not “oppressors”. We are the only race in the world that bends over backwards for others.

Desiree wasn’t a mockery black people. Every character in the show was comical, and if Desiree and Ting Tong hasn’t been included I’m sure there would have been screeching about a lack of diversity.

• Angry
  • Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I’ve never met an estate agent who wasn’t a twat to be honest. So no surprise to see that Phil Spencer is one as well!

• Haha
  • Heart