Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Reverend

VIP Member
I hate Bob Monkhouse, I always get the feeling he is a insincere. Although I dislike him, it is sad that he lost both his sons.
Frankie Howerd tried it on with him, and its rumoured Monkhouse had a couple of 'gentlemen' go round Howerd's house to warn him not to do it again. Although knowing Frankie he was probably glad to see large men come to see him!

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Sexual perverts like him need stringing up . I'm a victim of sexual abuse it's an odd feeling as it catches up with you years later it was my brother actually, and I had to bury it so as no one would find out .
But I never had people stay over etc as he was a drunk that used to threaten to kill me etc etc it was horrendous.
But I survived it .
I'm so sorry you went through that. I hope you're ok now x

• Heart
I think Cilla was one of those people who looked down her nose at those who weren’t famous. So whilst she was all sweetness and light with her fellow celebs she was horrible to those who she deemed as beneath her.
She had no basis to look down on people, she came from an ordinary background. I always hated her fake accent, and her banging on about Liverpool “in the day”. I don’t think she could sing either.

• Heart
She’s a v
Tess is HORRIBLE. So fake!!! In 2012 when it was the Queen's thing (I've lost track lol) I went to Battersea to watch the boats going down the Thames. It was a bloody miserable day, cold and wet. We went to take refuge in a tent and Tess was there (who the hell hired her??) to present something. She was dressed to the nines in inappropriate shoes with a television crew following her. She was clearly miserable and getting soaked. No offence too anyone but I think there were a lot of out of towners around because no one from London would really give a stuff about seeing a tv presenter but several people were VERY excited to see Tess of the telly. Someone went over to her to ask for an autograph and she barked 'no!' at them and stomped off. Total c*nt. I'm sure there will be a LOT of stories about her.
ery :censored:
Another one ! In interviews she’s so modest and down to earth!
That’s usually a sign of a true wrongun
She’s a very lucky woman
God knows what she has on BB C executives
She’s dire on Strictly trying hard to look natural, she should be sponsored by Cuprinol

• Haha

lalalanded

VIP Member
@lalalanded Do you have anything further you can share regarding Chris Martin? Gutted to read that he’s not a nice man as I love his music. And he’s teetotal but does he do drugs?
Also do you know what Johnny, Guy and Will are like? Thanks for your tea.
Not a huge amount that I can disclose really, and a lot of it became public after the fact like Gwyneth's miscarriage (which was a bad one) and the problems in their marriage which were mostly coming from him and his unreasonable behaviour. My friend knew him and Johnny back at uni and apparently Johnny is lovely. Not sure why he's friends with Chris!!! Chris has a huge ego and loses it every time he has a new album out because he's afraid no one will like it and he'll get bad reviews :rolleyes: . He hated when Gwyneth did a film where she was singing (she has a good voice) because it was direct competition and music was his forte, not hers. He hated that she is friends with the King of Spain and was irrationally jealous but at the same time regretted marrying her because he wanted to play around. Which he definitely has done since they split - with every blonde actress he can get his hands on. Honestly, being married to such a fragile narcissist must have been hell on earth.

• Wow

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
Ugh. He tries to dress it up as true love instead of a sordid affair.
kim Marsh was on some consumer prog this morning with her daughter - Jesus Christ...talk about Pramface!!

Does anyone remember when she did a routine on the Royal Variety Performance dressed in a basque, and people raving about how her fabulous her legs were. She looked truly awful, sorry but true!!
Re Cilla -
God Almighty yes, fishnets on her chicken legs, grinding her dusty old fanny, that horrible noise squawking from her buck-toothed gob. I’ll never forget it, unfortunately!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
The song "deuces are wild" was written about her....which pissed me off when I read about the whole thing because I loved that song but I couldn't listen to it without feeling sick about it's sordid beginnings.

I don't get these mothers who pimp their young girls out. It started when I was about 11 and my mum used to shout at men when she caught them looking. She would literally shout "What are you looking at? She's a child!" Even when I was late teens she would call significantly older men perverts if they were serving.
My daughter is low teens and I’ve noticed she’s now getting looks - I give the offending idiot the shittiest look and wouldnt hesitate to shout the same as your mum if they didNt look away immediately.

• Wow
Interesting story from Twitter. Apparently David Walliams and Matt Lucas have apologised for dressing up in “Blackface” and also for impersonating people from other races. I heard the Beeb had banned Little Britain from its streaming service. Also, Fawlty Towers was banned, mainly because of the “Germans” episode. Are people going a bit OTT with this? Or is it justified? 🤷‍♀️

• Heart

Herefortheteeeee

Yes! I’ve been saying this all a long!

Love Gone With The Wind! It seems racist because it was set in the Deep South during the American Civil War! That’s the whole point!
It was made in 1939 depicting the American Civil War. It’s insane that it has been taken down. I learnt more about slavery, the American south, racism and misogyny from that film than anywhere else. It is an outrage. Little Britain removal, I get. It was black face. But Gone with the wind was made in a different time depicting a time that no one in this lifetime has lived through.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Speaking of 1D, anyone remember when Louis apparently got a girl pregnant. The conspiracy theory was that it was either fake or this woman was pregnant but it wasn’t his. Apparently he and Harry had a thing and signs kept coming up and fans being suspicious so to keep the heterosexual image going and not loose the female fans and sales/money, management thought Louis having a baby would be the perfect ‘look he’s straight’ story. I even read she had a bit of money and was desperate to become famous so it was a mutual deal, a win-win situation. I’ve just had a look on Louis’s insta, scrolled down quite far and there isn’t a picture of his kid on there. He isn’t following the Mother either. I know that sounds strange but I remember reading into it at the time and what stood out more than the baby thing was the amount of signs to show Louis and Harry could have had a thing going on and how peed off management were about it.
(Edit - this was meant to be a reply to a post about Harry Style’s sexuality but I must have forgot to actually press quote 🙈).
Ohhhh that’s brought memories back. I used to be a hardcore Larry Stylinson shipper (I was sixteen, forgive me 😂) - this baby stuff is what made me stop! I still believe Louis and Harry had something (and that Harry is gay) but didn’t think the baby was fake from day one - and he looks th SPIT of Louis now Imo!

Does anyone remember the thing about the bear? In the days just before 1D split they had a rainbow build a bear ‘mascot’ called Rainbow Bondage Bear (yes, really) which the Larry shippers seemed to believe was proof that Larry was real! It had a twitter account and used to post countdowns or pictures or notes, and then the bear would appear onstage wearing a similar outfit to the pictures shown (hard to explain sorry!). For example I tweeted the bear a picture of him with a phone... and the next day, they’d set him up with an iPhone, and people could text ‘him‘. God I wasted HOURS on conspiracy theory/‘proof’ blogs about Larry and the bear, people trying to work out who was behind it and that at the last concert (and thus, appearance of the bear) Larry was going to be confirmed real 🙈 makes me absolutely die thinking of it all now, although haven’t felt that entertained or invested in anything since! 😂 google it, it’s all bloody mad

• Haha
  • Heart
Sexual perverts like him need stringing up . I'm a victim of sexual abuse it's an odd feeling as it catches up with you years later it was my brother actually, and I had to bury it so as no one would find out .
But I never had people stay over etc as he was a drunk that used to threaten to kill me etc etc it was horrendous.
But I survived it .
Oh god, that’s heartbreaking. Wish I could give you a hug for being so fucking brave, and for being a survivor ❤

• Heart

TeaLover49

My late husband was 29 years older than me when we started dating. I was 20, but looked younger. The names we were called by strangers were disgusting not just the age gap but also because I'm white and he was Brazilian (born in India).
Despite age gap, we somehow clicked and connected and we were married 19 years. I think what people said about us made us stronger. But I was an adult, capable of making my own mind up. It was strangers saying he was a weirdo and a perv to our faces. We used to laugh and thank them for taking such an active interest in what we did in the comfort of our home.
I remember the Mandy and Bill headlines. She looked so much older, though I'm sure me and her were the same age. Can see why men of Bill's age would fall for her. But the more I read into it, the more I felt so sorry for her. Being a mum to a daughter myself, the last thing I could ever do is pimp her out to the highest bidder.

• Sick
  • Angry

lalalanded

VIP Member
I remember that...it was embarrassing !
I wonder how the other Geldof girls are getting on.
Pixie seems to have disappeared from society.
Fifi always kept out of the limelight, the sensible one.
I like Fifi. I follow her on instagram and she's obsessed with her dogs and just a normal down to earth girl. Pixie was definitely following in Peaches' footsteps but she appears to have massively stepped back from all of that. Maybe losing her sister scared her - which is understandable. Good for her I say, I don't think that lifestyle ever ends well.

• Heart

HollyGolightly

VIP Member
of my god yes! The thing is there are lots of people that would watch things like this for nostalgia, me being one of them! Sunset beach would be another great one to re-show!
I loved Sunset Beach, such a guilty pleasure! Some of the storylines were bizarre o_O:ROFLMAO:

• Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Olde worlde Coronation Street is on during the day.I’m sad enough to watch it. I think at the mo it’s up to about 1995 (I can tell by the music that’s played in the background). Lynne Perrie and the big lips and plastic surgery just popped up a few months ago. She suddenly had these huge lips and tight face, Then she literally in about 4 more episodes and it was announced by another character that she’d gone to live in a nunnery! Lol
I’m watching it too! But I got the party later as Don received the news a couple of weeks ago that she’d died, so I missed seeing her on screen (I think that might be a good thing!)

It is 1995! I’m waiting patiently to see if the mystery of Derek and Mavis’ gnome thief is uncovered (no spoilers please 😂)

• Haha

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
I remember this, he said something like “thanks buddy, I’ve always wanted to do this”, as if the deer would have chosen to die a painful death just for some prick’s momentary feeling of transcendence.

Other animal killers off the top of my head include Alexander Armstrong (who actively campaigns for hunting), Richard Branson, and Mick Hucknall.

• Angry
  • Sick

MadameOvary

Chatty Member
[/QUOTE]
Did he dump Lorraine Pascale? That's up there with dumping Katy Perry for moronic moves!!!!!
[/QUOTE]

I went to school with Lorraine - she was absolutely lovely (and tall and beautiful). Miserable old Sophie is a bit of a step down.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Alpal73

Interesting story from Twitter. Apparently David Walliams and Matt Lucas have apologised for dressing up in “Blackface” and also for impersonating people from other races. I heard the Beeb had banned Little Britain from its streaming service. Also, Fawlty Towers was banned, mainly because of the “Germans” episode. Are people going a bit OTT with this? Or is it justified? 🤷‍♀️
Way over the top! Utterly ridiculous!

• Heart

lalalanded

VIP Member
Fucking hell, he must be Satan incarnate if you felt sorry for Goopy 😂😂😂
Right? I absolutely could not stand her and then I found out a few things and I absolutely could not believe what she had to put up with. She was also very committed to that marriage in a way that he wasn't. Honestly, he's a Grade A c*nt.

• Wow
  • Heart