Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Enpen45

Thatcher was unbelievably naive. She had a man called Peter Morrison as her Parliamentary secretary and he as named by several MP's as a Pederest if not pedophile. He was succeeded as an MP by Gyles Brandreth who said there lots of people when he met at the general election who said Morrison was into little boys.
I don’t believe thatcher was naive at all. I believe she was a heartless bitch who didn’t give 2 shits. She was told over and over again about the men in her party who were having sex parties. She was given a list of names and she done nothing with it. She sheltered them instead and gave them jobs.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

lalalanded

VIP Member
I have more sympathy with Mandy because she was groomed. Not sure why Bill Wyman isn’t the subject of revulsion.

i can remember the ’wild child’ era. Mandy Smith regularly appeared in Mizz and similar magazines in the eighties, after the Wyman story broke. I find it odd, looking back, that the magazines felt it was appropriate to celebrate a girl who’d been seduced by a much older man, had had her childhood robbed from her and had become famous as a consequence. But there she was, telling us what she did over Christmas and what she wore out clubbing in London; she was still 16 at this point, I think.

What is weird is, when the antics of the ‘wild child’ girls were reported in the tabloids, it was all, ooh, aren’t they naughty the little minxes? As if the stories were sexy, not disturbing. It was a very different time. I can recall one headline, perhaps relating to Amanda de Cadenet or Emma Ridley, along the lines of, I was dragged crying from the bed of a 32 year old man when I was 15 (where we were told that she’d gone willingly, and it was the police or her parents removing her). As if that would be served up for titillation now!

Mind you, that was in an era when Sam Fox, Suzanne Mizzi and Maria Whittaker were photographed for page 3 with cuddly toys and being described as 16 year old sizzlers etc. Christ!
This is slightly before of my time but I definitely remember them in the papers and it really didn't seem a big deal at the time. Holy hindsight!! It's sickening to look back on it now and clearly all of those girls have big problems or are ashamed of their past. I don't feel like they should be, they were exploited plain and simple. I remember Mandy's wedding well (my God - that DRESS yikes!) because it was a big song and dance and there was just a HINT of a whisper about her age which was only seen as mildly controversial. YUCK!! Fleet Street was run by dirty, grubby old men who were labelling them little temptresses which now makes me want to heave 🤮 . The 70s and 80s have a LOT to answer for -namely the exploitation of children.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Candytuft

VIP Member
Julie Goodyear is a habitual shoplifter. All the shops in Heywood and Bury know and she is closely followed now.

• Haha
  • Wow

Noseyparker68

I'm so sorry you went through that. I hope you're ok now x
Yeah I'm able to cope with it . I had a great life now , well I have a rare blood cancer but I'm responding well too treatment and I can live a long time with myelofibrosis so I'm looking at it as a sign that life's too short and bad things happen but don't let them divine you xxx

• Heart
  • Sad

maytoseptember

VIP Member
also on the subject of Christine McGuin’ and her autistic children. I have it on VERY good authority from people who know the children that yes, they are autistic but that they are no where near as challenging as she likes to make out.
Unless that “friend“ lives with those children 24/7 (and they obviously don’t) then I’m afraid they have no right to pass judgement on how “challenging“ their behaviour is or isn’t.

My five year old is autistic and has good days and bad days. Sometimes he’s happier at home than outside and sometimes the opposite. If someone dared to call me a liar just because they saw him once a week and believed I was exaggerating things... well I wouldn’t be responsible for my actions. I have enough to deal with, without those tired old cliches: “they’re just making it up... we didn’t have all this autism 30 years ago... they’re just bad parents”.

Edit: cross posted with Michelle75

• Heart

Prince fan 1999

VIP Member
Interesting story from Twitter. Apparently David Walliams and Matt Lucas have apologised for dressing up in “Blackface” and also for impersonating people from other races. I heard the Beeb had banned Little Britain from its streaming service. Also, Fawlty Towers was banned, mainly because of the “Germans” episode. Are people going a bit OTT with this? Or is it justified? 🤷‍♀️
Going OTT tbh. It's going to cause resentment.

• Heart

cedarpeach

It’s the 21st century. White people are not “oppressors”. We are the only race in the world that bends over backwards for others.

Desiree wasn’t a mockery black people. Every character in the show was comical, and if Desiree and Ting Tong hasn’t been included I’m sure there would have been screeching about a lack of diversity.
“We are the only race in the world that bends over backwards for others.” Truly enlightening perspective. I can’t wait for more of your insightful anthropological research.

Also, whatever you think of the show, white men dressing up as black and Thai women is not an example of diversity.Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Lalla

VIP Member
Is anyone else now curious about this gangrene but too scared to look?!

My mum who vaguely knew music industry people in the 60s always said Cilla was super pushy and milked her Beatles/ Liverpool connection for all it was worth. I've never heard one person say anything nice about Cilla; most people get a mix of good and bad, especially after they die there tend tend to be more good stories coming to light (George Michael for instance whose final years were a bit overshadowed by getting done for cottaging, crashing his car etc, yet after he died so many people came forward to say how he'd helped them, how kind and generous he was etc), but Cilla seems universally disliked in death as in life.

Reactions: 26

Babooshka

I'm a similar age too, I wasn't even allowed out to the offie, let alone to nightclubs 🤣🤣 I do remember though having adult men following me down the road in their cars trying to talk to me when I was 13 or 14, and although I looked a bit older, I was obviously still a schoolkid in uniform, shoes and socks. Proper creepy. Also at school we used to have to walk along a major A road to get to PE lessons (in short PE skirts), the comments we used to get from passing car and lorry drivers were grim.... I knew a few girls at school who had 'boyfriends' in their late 20s when we were 15 - with their parents full knowledge and approval (which always baffled me, even back then!) It's odd how normalised something like that was comparatively recently.
I worked in a newsagent after school and had my uniform on everyday. I was fondly referred to as “jailbait” by the esteemed older men who came in for their daily rags such as the Post and Daily sport. What a delightful fuckin time that was.

• Sick
  • Wow

Rose1234

I briefly worked with Katie Price a few years ago. She was very sweet and friendly. We talked about our children and she spoke about how hurt she was by Frankie Boyle's jokes about Harvey. I only spent a short time with her but she was much nicer than i was expecting.

MadameOvary

Chatty Member
Yes he's still alive. And cocaine too. Really shocked.

Just googled Danni behr. Remember her from the word etc? She looks so different.
Dear god, she looks like Rodrigo Alves - https://danibehr.com/

Waaaay too much plastic surgery - wouldn't recognise her. I'm sure they have some sort of face mould in LA surgeons' offices - you go into the surgeon's office looking normal, then they melt your face into it and you go home looking like every other over 40s woman in town.

• Haha
  • Wow
Re Blind Gossip, very interesting post about Trump, apparently Melania was seeing another guy and was ready to leave him when he entered the race for the White House, and so, he had to pay her to stay with him, and she signed a contract saying that she would put his political ambitions first, but the minute that he was out of the White House- she was leaving him. Remember when Trump won, and Melania wouldn’t move to Washington? Was her boyfriend living in New York I wonder?? I hope she does leave him, and writes a tell all memoir as revenge!!

• Heart

PeteM

VIP Member
One of my musician friends heard a tale of how the drummer in the Bay City Rollers would zone in on very young girls during gigs and invite them backstage with the intent of having sex with them. We're talking around the age of 8 here, by the way...

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Wow

LadyLockdown

VIP Member
It’s funny you should mention Brookside, I was just saying yesterday I wished channel 4 would show reruns. Old Eastenders, Corrie and Emmerdale are being repeated so I’m not giving up hope!
I lived for the omnibus édition of Brookie. I think it was on a Saturday late afternoon and I’d lay in bed watching all of it nursing my hangover before I got ready to go out again. Happy days.... ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 25

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
Speaking of someone you will never hear a good word about - Chris Martin!!! I know people who were at UCL with him and no one had a good word to say about him. I had some professional dealings with him after his career went stratospheric (whilst he was still with Gwynnie) and holy shit, he is the most self-absorbed tosser you could ever imagine. So much so, I felt really bad for Gwyneth.
Fucking hell, he must be Satan incarnate if you felt sorry for Goopy 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Cacacoisfarraige

Chatty Member
I don't know what the appeal was in the first place, not all the money in the world would make me go there 🤢
Melania Trump is no ‘victim’. She knew what he was when she married him.

She was an aging model with no skills and no intention of returning to home to Slovenia. She has appeared on TV talking about Obama’s ‘fake’ birth certificate. I’ve no doubt she’s as racist as her husband, just dressed up in a prettier package.
She refused to come to the White House until her pre-nup was updated.
Before Bunker Don was president she was quite happy doing her own thing in NY.

• Heart
  • Wow

LadyLockdown

VIP Member
Same! Wasn’t it on just before or after The Word? They’d never make those programmes today. I remember being 😮 when Kurt Cobain announced to the world that Courtney Love was ‘the best fuck in the world’ and a member of L7 pulled her trousers down on live TV 🤣 And those were probably two of the least controversial moments.
Those were the days.
Hahaha I used to watch the word and Eurotrash - also with the volume down as I think I was about 14/15. I remember on one of them, they had someone create a p3nis out of a pink bath towel. I memorized it and it became my party trick. I still do it a dinner parties today (classy, I know) and once even used it on a train the trainer course. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Oh God, that reminds me - I remember being totally shocked that he married a woman because does anyone else remember the newspapers printing some VERY heavy hints about him being gay? Apparently he was a frequent attendee at 'all men' fancy dress parties 😂 😂 😂 . The Winkleman's seem to be landed gentry tbh. I never understood how someone like Claudie could get the jobs she has and make the money she does. For a start, she always looks an absolute mess.
Her mother is Eve Pollard - she probably has an awful lot of dirt on an awful lot of people :D :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: 24