Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SaLou

VIP Member
Isn’t Amanda part of Tamsin’s girlgang? I’m sure on occasion I’ve seen Amanda out with them along with the Appleton sisters, Holly Willoughby, Emma Bunton, Kate Thornton etc
I've seen photos with Amanda in on Tamzin's Instagram, so they are friendly at least.

Reactions: 4

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Oh my god I absolutely obsessed about this programme when it was on! I was at school and none of my friends watched it 😫

Might look to see if it's available online somewhere, it'll probably seem a bit shit now!
Just looked and it is on Amazon prime on one of their subscription things but I might sign up and cancel after just to rewatch

• Heart

Babbitt1234

I'm the same - love FS's wit and humour and the radio show (which has recently been axed by Absolute Radio) plus his poetry podcast. He's got funny bones.

He's definitely 'a bit of a git' though - the sacking of Alun Cochrane really undelined that fact. FS's reputation on social media really suffered as a result. If you ever dare to criticise Lord Skinner on the dedicated Facebook group though, gird yourself - I blocked one of his stans the other day. Also, the show seemed to favour the same old contributors every week: Andy Wood, I Own A Faz, Simon From Sudbury etc that it became very cliquey.
---

My mum loves it and your description is spot on!?
Oh yeah, I have to say the Alun Cochrane situation was disappointing to hear of. I’d got out of the habit of listening regularly by that time so missed the whole tale but i get the jist it was not the ending we would have expected for a long time friend/colleague. I definitely agree he is not always a nice person, I just really do have an affection for him overall. I always wonder how genuine the Emily friendship is and always found that to be very cliquey against Alan so it doesn’t surprise me Frank treat him less than. I wouldn’t like to be Pierre Novelli though, I’d be paranoid that I’d be treated the same way as Alun if I was him. Maybe I should start my own thread 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart

dee_mc

VIP Member
Her voice gets on my nerves, it's very nasally
Yes, I feel like forcing her to use a sinus rinse and a pseudoephadrine tablet every time she opens her mouth!
She also does this faux bashful thing whenever she gets a question right on HOG. It's infuriating 🤣

Babbitt1234

I saw a TV programme this week about the romantic poets. He was explaining about a poem called Michael, written by Wordsworth, and crying with genuine emotion. It showed me a side of Frank Skinner I'd never seen before and it was quite touching.
Aw, I can imagine that. I think I must have seen enough sensitive moments to round him out in my own opinion but I have followed his career closely, watched his random docs etc. Most people will only know the lewd jokes and judge from there, just as I would with a personality I wasn’t a particular fan of.

Carefree

VIP Member
Found it. Must be quite chilling to look upon the face of the man who killed your grandfather......and the emotion you can feel emanating from Brendan. 🤬😥
My dad's family is from County Cork and I'm planning to track my tree down properly later this year. I would bet big money that we've got old IRA links, especially around the 1920s and just before.

HansThatDoDishes

Chatty Member
It's less than a year. It was July 2023 when it all kicked off and he was suspended. Taking in time for treatment and investigation it's probably about right he's still getting paid. Having said that I'm not quite sure how he comes back from it. Definitely not as a main newsreader and presenter.
Maybe he'll retire? He's 62, it wouldn't be that early.

Why does she tell her work colleagues this stuff? I can’t ever imagine going to work and telling my colleagues that I’d just had a shag or whatever. It’s exhibitionism and attention seeking
Presumably because she was 22 or something and it popped out hungover. If it's true. No words Les, no words.
---
Maybe not a good example?!

But it's not about ageing...I think he looks a different person...
Which one is young him and which is older? The only difference I can see is that he's smiling in one and looks like a gormless twerp in the other.