Secret Celebrity Gossip #158

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw this earlier.....I just can't feel sorry for these bleeping imbeciles. It's like people who go off on a holiday and come back with a 22 year old waiter, you can't honestly think he's fallen in love with you surely?????
---
Sam Taylor-Johnson, 57, opens up on relationship with husband Aaron 33 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...elationship.html?ito=native_share_article-top

BOLLOCKS. I genuinely cannot imagine having a 17 year old crack onto me and thinking 'aye this is a great idea let's go with it'. She's full of tit.
I had a really horrible, very senior colleague years ago, when I was in my mid 20s. She was mid 50s and an utter WITCH. Used to be so nasty to the younger women in our department - picked on them, bitchy gossip etc.

She also had a degree and the usual life experience - married and divorced, adult kids etc. Wasn’t vulnerable or naive.

Went to Egypt on holiday, met a waiter who was in his 20s and MARRIED him that same holiday! Came in to work flashing the diamond ring he gave her….

Anyway…surprise surprise it turned out very quickly that he didn’t really love her and was just after a way to get into the U.K. And that diamond? Not a diamond. Who could ever have foreseen that?

Her tedious, indignant ranting went on for ages. What bastards men are, how could he do this, how badly he took advantage, issues of trying to sort out a divorce etc etc.

I never heard anyone say it but I’m sure we were all thinking it - how the duck did she not anticipate it was all nonsense?

I am her age now. There is no way I would think a man 30 yrs younger than myself was genuinely interested or it was all just crazy, romantic love. Would think the same even if the genders were reversed too.
I don’t imagine I’d be actually attracted to them either. It’d be so weird. Like, just no?

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I had a really horrible, very senior colleague years ago, when I was in my mid 20s. She was mid 50s and an utter WITCH. Used to be so nasty to the younger women in our department - picked on them, bitchy gossip etc.

She also had a degree and the usual life experience - married and divorced, adult kids etc. Wasn’t vulnerable or naive.

Went to Egypt on holiday, met a waiter who was in his 20s and MARRIED him that same holiday! Came in to work flashing the diamond ring he gave her….

Anyway…surprise surprise it turned out very quickly that he didn’t really love her and was just after a way to get into the U.K. And that diamond? Not a diamond. Who could ever have foreseen that?

Her tedious, indignant ranting went on for ages. What bastards men are, how could he do this, how badly he took advantage, issues of trying to sort out a divorce etc etc.

I never heard anyone say it but I’m sure we were all thinking it - how the duck did she not anticipate it was all nonsense?

I am her age now. There is no way I would think a man 30 yrs younger than myself was genuinely interested or it was all just crazy, romantic love. Would think the same even if the genders were reversed too.
I don’t imagine I’d be actually attracted to them either. It’d be so weird. Like, just no?
A decent rule of thumb I like to live by, and which hasn’t yet let me down, is “don’t marry anyone within a couple of days of meeting them …. unless they’re extremely wealthy with fully audited documentation, have a medically certified limited life expectancy and you’re in possession of legally binding confirmation you’re the majority benefactor of their estate”

However, if I were ever to fall foul of the holiday romance scam I might be able to get through the divorce before anyone even found out - I actively avoid small talk about my holidays when I get back so I certainly wouldn’t be broadcasting the news that I married a stranger half my age. I simply could not cope with the level of questioning that would be generated by that sort of announcement!

• Haha
Reactions: 54
A decent rule of thumb I like to live by, and which hasn’t yet let me down, is “don’t marry anyone within a couple of days of meeting them …. unless they’re extremely wealthy with fully audited documentation, have a medically certified limited life expectancy and you’re in possession of legally binding confirmation you’re the majority benefactor of their estate”
And where might one find one of these soon-to-die, very wealthy with no other possible benefactors, spouses-to-be?

Just y’know, randomly curious…

(starts packing suitcase)

However, if I were ever to fall foul of the holiday romance scam I might be able to get through the divorce before anyone even found out - I actively avoid small talk about my holidays when I get back so I certainly wouldn’t be broadcasting the news that I married a stranger half my age. I simply could not cope with the level of questioning which would be generated by that sort of announcement!
Lol, I do not think keeping her mouth shut was something she was familiar with!

She did the whole arm out, hand in your face, ring flashing, whilst telling everyone loudly about her marriage.

I was very aware of her vitriolic nature, having fallen foul of it myself, so did a careful “Ahhh…mmm…so lovely” type of response, whilst willing my face not to display my genuine WTAF???? incredulity.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Ha - a few people have mentioned the Katy Perry Catfish episode - just realised. It's worth watching but it's quite cringey / concerning how the victim just won't listen to sense at all.
That was wild. I remember thinking 'this guy must have some kind of mental condition to believe all this stuff' but in every other way he seemed normal, so it was just so hard to know how he could believe it all.
---
I know Stephen Hawking left his first wife for his nurse. She was rumoured to be a very nasty piece of work and even to have abused him. 11 years later, they got divorced. I have wondered whether she thought it was going to be easy to stick around an inherit his millions - but the man kept living and living and living!

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I love TikTok for the American bloke who does the voiceovers which involve animals, he's brilliant 😂
I love rock stars videos they make me belly laugh every time 😂 the titanic one with the golden retriever in the pool almost ended me laughing 😂😂😂

Reactions: 3
There was another middle aged woman last year who thought she sating George Ezra.
How can anyone be so naive?
And another who left her partner as she thought she was going to run off with Dacre Montgomery (Billy Hargrove).

Shouldn't alarm bells immediately ring when a rich "celebrity" starts asking for money?? Some people really shouldn't be left alone with the internet 🙄

Reactions: 21
That was wild. I remember thinking 'this guy must have some kind of mental condition to believe all this stuff' but in every other way he seemed normal, so it was just so hard to know how he could believe it all.
---

I know Stephen Hawking left his first wife for his nurse. She was rumoured to be a very nasty piece of work and even to have abused him. 11 years later, they got divorced. I have wondered whether she thought it was going to be easy to stick around an inherit his millions - but the man kept living and living and living!
I imagine it was stressful trying to find all those mathematical midgets

Reactions: 3
The review for Back to Black are out and although they praise Marisa Abela for her performance, they're generally very lukewarm overall.

Amy's creative process and her professional collaborators (not just Mark Ronson, everyone) are either seen only momentarily or are completely cut out.

Blake is given credit for introducing her to The Shangri Las, who were a major influence on Back to Black

Amy is shown to be the one who introduced them both to crack

Mitch is completely whitewashed

All of her friends are excluded, including Tyler James
Her friends are unsurprisingly gunning for Taylor Johnson. As they say, she made Blake look like Jack the Lad crossed with a Disney Prince. Her excuse was she didn't want to make him one-dimensional and show why Amy fell for him :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9
God, people are soooo naive.

This is sweet though. I hope she sees it.
View attachment 2866228
Bless Gary. We all know he looked at the photos of Janet and was all ‘In what parallel universe would I be cheating on my missus with this?’

Fanny-rat Owen, maybe.
---
Not sure your grandfather's funeral is the best place to announce this...
Au contraire. It’s the ideal venue to maximise the impact of your tediously predictable attention-seeking.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
I really don't like Mrs Brown's Boys, and I didn't see that episode of Who Do You Think You Are, but his mother was an awesome woman.
Back in the 1950s, when the Catholic Church had a lock on pretty much all of the levers of power here, she won a seat in the Daily (parliament). I think she was the first TD (or MP) to give birth during her term in the Dail... that baby being Brendan. (Apols if this was covered in the show. I'm no BOC stan!)
Wow, just looked her up and apparently she was responsible for women being able to join the Garda (they provided the guard of honour at her funeral) and for the word 'Illegitimate' being removed from birth certificates. Plus having eleven children!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Bless Gary. We all know he looked at the photos of Janet and was all ‘In what parallel universe would I be cheating on my missus with this?’

Fanny-rat Owen, maybe.
---

Au contraire. It’s the ideal venue to maximise the impact of your tediously predictable attention-seeking.
And we’ve just disproven ghosts, because if someone took the attention off me at my own funeral I’d haunt them if I could.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I know this is me being a human vulture but what happened to Tina Malone’s husband? I don’t know why, something really weird and iffy about it, and I don’t know why it’s itching my brain.
There’s something that makes me think he probably took his own life but there’s also something that makes me wonder if their relationship was basically permanently scrapping coke fiends who either loved or hated one another and absolutely nothing in between.
Feel for her daughter, on so many levels. Whilst I’m sure TM is fit and healthy, when they elected to pop out a baby when she was 50, bet they didn’t think the dad would go first.
Sorry for a really vulturey post.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I would say in the Affleck child case it’s been known amongst family for a while and the papers have known about it but couldn’t report on it.
A lot of funerals are filmed nowadays to stream for people who can’t attend.
So voila- media suddenly have an open invitation to report on it as the kid is now in an ‘free for all’ live service so they’re ok to use it.
I think reporting info that’s come from a family funeral and using that tragedy for sales is more reflective on the scummy media than saying a 15 year old kid is attention seeking speaking at their grandfathers funeral. But that’s just my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.