Secret Celebrity Gossip #158

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh yeah, I have to say the Alun Cochrane situation was disappointing to hear of. I’d got out of the habit of listening regularly by that time so missed the whole tale but i get the jist it was not the ending we would have expected for a long time friend/colleague. I definitely agree he is not always a nice person, I just really do have an affection for him overall. I always wonder how genuine the Emily friendship is and always found that to be very cliquey against Alan so it doesn’t surprise me Frank treat him less than. I wouldn’t like to be Pierre Novelli though, I’d be paranoid that I’d be treated the same way as Alun if I was him. Maybe I should start my own thread 🤣
That's spot on - Alun wasn't let go in a particularly nice way. I must admit that during and post Covid, his 'down the line' contributions made it very clunky. The original three were a tight unit and until his untimely demise, Gareth was very close to Frank and Emily.

Emily is one of the funniest people ever IMO, that said, she also sounds totally false which is especially apparent on her Walking The Dog podcast where she gushes over every single guest and screeches greetings to other dog owners (the audio on that pod, due to the outdoorsy location isn't the clearest anyway.) Her friendship with Frank dates back years and I think that they met via the Ross/Goldmans as Emily was a childhood friend from their boho Highgate days.

Apologies: the show's so awesome and I'd love it to continue.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Speaking of Gary Barlow...

I saw this earlier.....I just can't feel sorry for these bleeping imbeciles. It's like people who go off on a holiday and come back with a 22 year old waiter, you can't honestly think he's fallen in love with you surely?????
---
Sam Taylor-Johnson, 57, opens up on relationship with husband Aaron 33 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...elationship.html?ito=native_share_article-top

BOLLOCKS. I genuinely cannot imagine having a 17 year old crack onto me and thinking 'aye this is a great idea let's go with it'. She's full of tit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I listen a podcast called Celebrity Memoir book club (when they do a celebrity I know!). They did Rebel Wilson’s book this week, I think Rebel came across quite well (from their telling). I have no interest in reading the book but good to know a bit of detail behind the headlines.

Reactions: 5
I knew Mrs Brown’s Boys started as books and then a film before Brendan started playing her, all this MBB chat made me finally read the first one - I quite liked it but I couldn’t stop picturing everyone how they are now even tho Agnes is in her 30s and the kids are all actual kids! Quite disconcerting. Prob whizz through the others at some point now I’ve started.

Reactions: 2
I knew Mrs Brown’s Boys started as books and then a film before Brendan started playing her, all this MBB chat made me finally read the first one - I quite liked it but I couldn’t stop picturing everyone how they are now even tho Agnes is in her 30s and the kids are all actual kids! Quite disconcerting. Prob whizz through the others at some point now I’ve started.
I didn't realise it was based on books.

I remember it being in the Pavillion theatre in Glasgow years before the tv show.

Tv show is tit

Reactions: 6
I didn't realise it was based on books.

I remember it being in the Pavillion theatre in Glasgow years before the tv show.

Tv show is tit
Angelica Huston played Mrs Brown in a film adaptation of one of the books which is kind of funny when you look at TV's Mrs Brown. :D

Agnes_Browne_2073_Medium.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 23
The MBB books are a trilogy and are very heartening and warm. Nothing like the tv show.

I
I think Billie Piper is an okayish actress, she has the Dr Who halo and the whole diary of callgirl smut thing that has helped her along the years. She isn’t brilliant though. I suspect it wasn’t a stretch to play Suzie in that show she did. She does come across as very much living the sex/drugs/rocknroll lifestyle though.
I just think she looks grubby.....which I believe some men mistake for "sexy" :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 26
There was another middle aged woman last year who thought she sating George Ezra.
How can anyone be so naive?

Reactions: 24
There was another middle aged woman last year who thought she sating George Ezra.
How can anyone be so naive?
There was some bloke on the catfish tv show who thought he’d been dating katy perry for about 5 years or something. I don’t know if extreme loneliness can cause people to have some kind of issues but if katy perry Facebook messages me I’d assume scam and wouldn’t reply, I certainly wouldn’t believe I was dating her for years without meeting her.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
There was some bloke on the catfish tv show who thought he’d been dating katy perry for about 5 years or something. I don’t know if extreme loneliness can cause people to have some kind of issues but if katy perry Facebook messages me I’d assume scam and wouldn’t reply, I certainly wouldn’t believe I was dating her for years without meeting her.
Katy Perry would never cold message(?) someone with a defeatist attitude like that! What about if you’d been manifesting a relationship with a Katy Perry before the message arrived? You’ve got to be in it to win it 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I once did a dance class next door to a studio where Katy Perry and her dancers were rehearsing for a show. They were loud.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Tik Tok is bloody brilliant at times. I love the one of him saying he's off to find more wine. For some reason people keep sending me that one 🍷🤔
I love TikTok for the American bloke who does the voiceovers which involve animals, he's brilliant 😂

• Heart
@InkHeart you asked for intel about abba. I don’t have any intel but found out that the Uk awarded them nul points for waterloo at Eurovision and radio Brighton covering Eurovision, would not play Waterloo saying it was too noisy 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Maybe I'm too bleeding heart but people with severe trauma and / or learning difficulties can really get abused and further hurt this way. Publicising this may cause further problems for Janet - people are bloody cruel.

It's clear these victims have no support network around them (though - let's not forget good old fashioned loneliness - some women - and men - are just desperate for company and companionship and prefer to stay blind to what's going on. Plenty of intelligent sorts get involved in romance scams.

Brings to mind the MTV programme Catfish - one of the early episodes had a guy absolutely refusing to believe he wasn't talking to Katy Perry, even when the most damning evidence was presented. It was funny to watch him doubling down and refuting everything. But as it went on and became more pathetic, there was an undercurrent of, 'uhoh, this guy is probably really mentally ill and I'm laughing at his delusion'.

You'd think the stilted English and over-familiarity from 'Gary' would be a red flag right away. If it was me I'd take the piss out of them for days, letting them think they'd reeled me in. It does seem as though Janet twigged after a while - but being such a sensitive soul she ended up feeling sorry for the young guy needing to feed his family (well, that's what he told her - he could've been sitting on a gold throne on a private jet for all she knew).

There's a lot of it about!

Lovely to see the real Gary Barlow has reached out to her!
Ha - a few people have mentioned the Katy Perry Catfish episode - just realised. It's worth watching but it's quite cringey / concerning how the victim just won't listen to sense at all.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.