Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dee_mc

VIP Member
If you post a “guess my age” photo on Mumsnet, some ray of sunshine will put you in your 60s even if you look 25!
Ah Mumsnet!
I don't know what possesses anyone to ask someone to guess their age anyway.
"What age do you think I am?" is such a stupid, dangerous, pointless question.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

SamFoxStuckinaCloak

Chatty Member
I love Lolly Adefope- she’s put in the time and has won the right to comment on comedians who punch down, without simply being considered bitter. A really good interview with her in the Guardian/ Observer yesterday which references the Ricky Gervais moment. Also clearly outlines her background in stand up and her career thus far, maybe too inconvenient for OP to read properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Booington

If that’s true about Rebel Wilson then it’s a serious sexual offence, assault by penetration, carries the same penalty as rape. Absolutely shocking

Reactions: 34

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Some info for those wondering about conjoined twins, most of them learned to dissociate from their twin mentally when they were young.
Probably the most famous were Chang and Eng Bunker from Thailand (formerly Siam which is where 'Siamese Twin' originated.

Both married and fathered a good amount of kids between them. They said they would just dissociate when the other was having intercourse and it didn't bother them.

• Wow

Orangeinessex

VIP Member
I think the writing is on the wall for that two.
What I want (what I really really want) is for CH is to lose his gig at RB for being a sleazy selfish twat - no other team will have him. And then for Stepford Spice to leave him.

I call on all the Gods to deliver this !

• Heart
  • Haha

CarmenGhia

VIP Member
Keeping Up Appearances has stood the test of time better than many sitcoms. The character of Hyacinth is so well-written and well-acted. She makes out that she cares deeply about how others see her, yet she is oblivious to what they actually think of her. Despite her airs and graces, she has the hide of a rhino.

I'm quite sad that Lolly Adefope has turned out to be a bit of a whinger. I've liked her in a lot of things.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Yep, the sexiest ones. Colin Firth to start
I’ve never understood the attraction of Colin Firth. He’s so beige!
---
Re TH I'm watching Taboo today (yes I know its old, so am I ok!) oh my, he's making my habit twitch! What a lovely specimen.
I LOVE Taboo.
Bits of me that had given up the ghost years ago actually sprang back to life watching Tom wandering about with no trousers on and grunting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

CarmenGhia

VIP Member
I thought Bridesmaids was crap, I'd heard it was great and was excited to finally see it but I was so disappointed with it.
---

Surely what she did to Tom Hardy is classed as a sexual assault? Actually same with Anne Hathaway?
I enjoyed it, but it is a very stupid film. I do miss stupid comedies.

Again, not minimising anything SBC may have done, but those stories about Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway aren't jolly on-set japes, they're sexual harassment.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Has anyone watched the docu series "quiet on set" about the horrible treatment and abuse of child stars on Nickelodeon?

It's obviously dreadful, upsetting stuff but it calls to mind the other documentary on this sort of thing "open secret" about the pedalo-phile ring involving Bryan Singer. There's a clip in this newer doc where the father of Drake Bell, the actor who was sexually abused for a long time by a man named Brian Peck, says he saw a clip of the man with Leo DiCaprio, rubbing his arms and stuff, when he was young and he just knew he needed to keep his son away from him.

It made me think back to how open secret talked about how Peck and Singer (who has been accused of four cases of SA against minors) were friends and that the pedalo-phile ring examined included managers of Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire. Hard to imagine Leo wasn't caught up in this awful business if he had several ties to people involved. I'd say it's highly likely there is a chance he is a victim.

Dreadful to think so many people who have been around all these years probably were abused by this group of animals.
my heart broke for drake bell watching that. the fact that his mother knew, that he told her what was happening and she ignored it (while his girlfriend’s mother picked up on it almost instantly) was awful. that whole generation of kids, including ariana grande, must carry so much. that’s not even mentioning amanda bynes, and i still don’t think we’ll ever know the full story of what happened to her.

i know a lot of people have theorised similar to you about leo (with the context of his adult romantic relationships too). he does have a very strong mother, who was around him a lot, but she obviously couldn’t be there all the time.

• Sad

Beetle.

A few mentions in the comments about endometriosis & surgery from her more avid followers. Hope she doesn't have that - it's a horrible condition.
---
Also - as Tom Hardy is getting a lot of love on here, I feel I have to bring out his early MySpace picture - enough to make anyone's vagina seal shut:

View attachment 2847737
I love Tattle. Where else are you going to see an old picture of Tom Hardy in a nappy? 😂

• Haha
  • Sick

Brightstar72

VIP Member
Patricia Routledge started out in vaudeville; she sang and danced and was an incredibly versatile actress too.

Not many like her around today, just looked her up and she’s 95 years old. Amazing 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 33

CarmenGhia

VIP Member
Eewww I can’t watch him because of his permanently wet lips 🤢
I have observed Rowan Atkinson's behaviour personally. He is an absolute bellend. Walking around busy public places, in this case a motor racing meeting, then complaining to anyone he thought would listen that his personal space was being invaded. Most people were ignoring him.

He is a shit racing driver as well.

Met Chris Hoy in the same circumstances: you can tell he really hates being famous, but he's not rude and stroppy about it. He is also a better racing driver than RA.

• Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
That's a great summary (y) I would also add that Sheridan is one of the best 'characters'. In the heritage of Vera (Cheers) 'Er Indoors (Minder) etc.
Yes I love those invisible characters - Maris (Frasier), Elizabeth Mainwaring (Dads Army) and Mrs Columbo. Sheridan is another great addition.

• Heart

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Apparently Rebel Wilson is now also claiming she first had sex aged 35.
There’s nothing wrong with that, but Rebel, also nothing interesting in it. I’m much more concerned about the assaulting of two cast members that she seems to need to brush over with her virginity story now. Backfired, did it?

• Wow