Secret Celebrity Gossip #157

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With a beard in Blackadder 2 he was quite a dish (well Blackadder was) but outside of that he's a challenge
Apparently he couldn't wait to shave it off because people kept telling him he looked like The Yorkshire Ripper.
---
Pure CDAN nonsense. While even a stopped clock tells the correct time twice a day, most of their (unrevealed) BIs that are used as “proof” for various claims are generally 🐂💩
A good case in point, is the Catherine Zeta Jones is 10 years older than she says, even though you can easily see the register index for her birth in late 1968 on Free BMD and she’s been featured in national press since she was at least 10. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Anyone remember the amazing time when 43-year-old Tim Westwood told a journalist he was 27?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Apparently he couldn't wait to shave it off because people kept telling him he looked like The Yorkshire Ripper.
---

Anyone remember the amazing time when 43-year-old Tim Westwood told a journalist he was 27?
Tim Westwood has always given me the absolute ICK. Who the duck did he think he was kidding?! 27? As if.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Celebrities lying about their age is hardly new or unheard of, but I doubt that many are actually actively concealing it.

Reactions: 3
Celebrities lying about their age is hardly new or unheard of, but I doubt that many are actually actively concealing it.
Stormzy is 72 years old certainly bucks the trend for knocking years off one's age.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Sinitta (age 21) has entered the chat. 😁
She makes me laugh, with her ever changing age. I swear she was 29 for about 30 years, then suddenly became a glamorous woman of 50 when we all know she's the same age as Simon Cowell, who is 64ish.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Pure CDAN nonsense. While even a stopped clock tells the correct time twice a day, most of their (unrevealed) BIs that are used as “proof” for various claims are generally 🐂💩
A good case in point, is the Catherine Zeta Jones is 10 years older than she says, even though you can easily see the register index for her birth in late 1968 on Free BMD and she’s been featured in national press since she was at least 10. 🤦🏻‍♀️
What's CDAN?

Apparently if I am reading this right, Rebel Wilson is accusing Sacha Baron Cohen of sexual harassment? She uploaded this on her instagram
View attachment 2835605
Some people are putting two and two together because she said that a male co star she worked with sexually harassed her onset by pulling down his trousers and pants and then asking her to perform a lewd act on him in front of his friends.

I knew Sacha Baron Cohen’s whole thing was being an asshole when in character but I’m surprised at these allegations. Unless I have been naive about him.
Trouble is, I think Sacha Baron Cohen can be in character or pretend to be in character as a joke, for a lot longer than he maybe needs to be!

I can imagine him doing something like this as a 'joke'! Thinking its funny. Although he can be funny in character, I do think he is often playing a bit too close to the line, and oversteps into rudeness and coarseness, with people who dont actually deserve or need it!

Bearing in mind the character that Rebel Wilson used to play, was often the funny coarse/rude fat girl! That said and did outrageous things, I think that was the kind of role she played in Pitch Perfect wasnt it?

It will be interesting to see where this goes?

Reactions: 13
of course it doesnt make it OK. But.....if you think of the films that SBC made, especially those in character as Borat for instance, He was behaving atrociously especially towards women...and people laughed at him.... presumably because they thought it was funny or OK.

And Rebel Wilson used to play a female version of this... I found her quite off putting in quite a few of her films because of this.

Reactions: 18
Bearing in mind the character that Rebel Wilson used to play, was often the funny coarse/rude fat girl! That said and did outrageous things, I think that was the kind of role she played in Pitch Perfect wasnt it?
She admitted to putting her finger up Tom Hardy’s bum without warning
“My first day on set, the director said, ‘When you enter the scene, I want you to just stick your finger up Tom Hardy’s butt’,” the star recalled. “I just did it (then) he gave a really realistic shocked expression. And then he didn’t really talk to me.”

And groping Anna Hathaway’s breasts
During one scene in the movie, the 39-year old’s character pretends to go blind and starts to feel her way around with her hands, and the star confessed she got carried away during filming and groped her co-star’s breasts.
“If you’re going to touch somebody inappropriately, you have to tell them before the take and say, ‘Is it alright if I do this to you?’” Rebel shared. “But I forgot… maybe, like, deliberately forgot.”
Despite joking about the incident, the actress clarified that giving warning before making bodily contact is “actor’s etiquette”.
“Like, I should have told her about it,” she insisted.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
With a beard in Blackadder 2 he was quite a dish (well Blackadder was) but outside of that he's a challenge
Completely agree, I also enjoyed him as the haughty butler in 3 and the soldier in 4, but then again I’m a sucker for a funny bloke. I can 100% be laughed into bed!!!! 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Rebel's turn in Bridesmaids ruins an otherwise very good film. Just vile. Doesn't mean SBC is off scott free though.

Reactions: 28
I don't know if this was said before Henry Cavilles girlfriend was on Super Sweet 16 but I think she was 18. I know she was young but herself and her wealthy family didn't fair nicely at all. Infact I think they are classes as one of the worst. They had horrible opinions on people. I think that's why all the nice PR about her. As I said she was young so maybe she's changed.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Rebel's turn in Bridesmaids ruins an otherwise very good film. Just vile. Doesn't mean SBC is off scott free though.
I went down a rabbit hole of finding out about the film 'Grimsby' It sounds an absolutely vile film,

SBC was a kind of humour though, very much of its time, think of programmes like ''little Britain''
Satirical humour can often veer into cruelty, even classics like Fawlty Towers are based on cruelty, Basil Fawlty is a bully to Manuel for instance, and people laugh at it.
Borat was awful......funny because he was awful to absolutely everyone....and tasteless and mean. But the way the character treated women and different racial groups as well..... If you were in on the joke, it could be incrediblty funny to watch....but........
But then I also find Tarantino films dubious for similar reasons....the cruelty/sexism etc displayed is often too much for me. The Kill Bill films are horrendous for this.

It is difficult at times to know where to draw the line!!!

But then Im not a massive fan of slapstick humour, I prefer more random humour, like Black books, or Blackadder. But I do find Philomena Cunk funny, because its so absurd....

Reactions: 11
I really don’t get the point of her and Matt Lucas in that film
"Lol Brits" is my guess even though her accent is an abomination. It's a very uneven film but Melissa McCarthy makes it worthwhile. Which is probably why I always watch it if it's on.

Reactions: 13
Can’t believe what I’m reading about Sacha Baron Cohen, that’s really disappointing. I was a big fan of Borat and Ali G back in the 2000s and this has ruined it for me.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
She admitted to putting her finger up Tom Hardy’s bum without warning
“My first day on set, the director said, ‘When you enter the scene, I want you to just stick your finger up Tom Hardy’s butt’,” the star recalled. “I just did it (then) he gave a really realistic shocked expression. And then he didn’t really talk to me.”

And groping Anna Hathaway’s breasts
During one scene in the movie, the 39-year old’s character pretends to go blind and starts to feel her way around with her hands, and the star confessed she got carried away during filming and groped her co-star’s breasts.
“If you’re going to touch somebody inappropriately, you have to tell them before the take and say, ‘Is it alright if I do this to you?’” Rebel shared. “But I forgot… maybe, like, deliberately forgot.”
Despite joking about the incident, the actress clarified that giving warning before making bodily contact is “actor’s etiquette”.
“Like, I should have told her about it,” she insisted.
Jesus wept. This is appalling.

Reactions: 57
Do we not think she’s just doing this to drum up publicity coz nobody is actually interested in her life story?

Made some films
Bought a baby
Lost loads of weight

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.