Secret Celebrity Gossip #157

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she has come out and said even though people, including other celebs, have been asking. All the media are saying is it's a mystery illness so they probably don't know either but they are surmising it could be stress related as her stepdad hasn't long passed from cancer and her mother is ill as well although it hasn't been said what she is suffering from.
Kate posted that her mom has been battling stage four cancer for the last six years

it was in a post criticising bafta who sound very insensitive
Kate is clearly struggling as apart from losing her step dad, she lost her cat in the last year 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
For me it was "Pure Wickedness", a one-off series he was in with Orla Brady who he was having an affair with. I have searched high and low all over every bit of the internet and I can't find this anywhere to download, to buy on DVD or even video. I can remember whole scenes of it vividly though and I'd love to watch it again.
YES! I've been looking for that for 20+ years, it struck a chord with me when it first (only) was on TV because I had just been taken to Dungeness (where the lovers go in the series) for the first time by my new love, and I wish I could watch it again!

Reactions: 3
Kate Beckinsale is another extremely attractive woman, blessed in the looks department who is starting to morph into someone unrecognisable. I know people are free to do this stuff but it's pretty sad that growing older is so repugnant to society.

• Sad
Reactions: 49
In the vein of celebrities you didn't know are related (well, I didn't know);

Selina Griffiths of Benidorm, Cuckoo etc. is Annette Crosbie's daughter.

Now I know this I think they've got the same voice!

View attachment 2851263
I knew that one! She was in Being Human years ago and my husband and I spent the entire episode saying 'she really sounds like Margaret Meldrew' She even has the same mannerisms.

Reactions: 10
was anyone else massively let down by the new drama “This Town”? I was sooo looking forward to it as I loved ska back in the day but I turned off because of the awful acting and tragically piss poor accents.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
was anyone else massively let down by the new drama “This Town”? I was sooo looking forward to it as I loved ska back in the day but I turned off because of the awful acting and tragically piss poor accents.
I watched all the episodes on iplayer and I agree with what you've said. Could have and should have been so much better

Reactions: 5
I love Lolly Adefope- she’s put in the time and has won the right to comment on comedians who punch down, without simply being considered bitter. A really good interview with her in the Guardian/ Observer yesterday which references the Ricky Gervais moment. Also clearly outlines her background in stand up and her career thus far, maybe too inconvenient for OP to read properly.
nope happy to check this out if it'snot behind a firewall.... thanks for signposting :)

Reactions: 1
YES! I've been looking for that for 20+ years, it struck a chord with me when it first (only) was on TV because I had just been taken to Dungeness (where the lovers go in the series) for the first time by my new love, and I wish I could watch it again!
Are you not able to watch it via the links i posted?

This came up in my feed and is not Blankety Blank but Lily's own show outtakes. She had me sobbing with laughter at the bit where Lily's kicking off about mens dirty habits, and where they wipe their knob.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
This came up in my feed and is not Blankety Blank but Lily's own show outtakes. She had me sobbing with laughter at the bit where Lily's kicking off about mens dirty habits, and where they wipe their knob.

Omg 🤣 I absolutely love her!!! Thanks for sharing ☺🤣.
Also if anyone’s not read Paul’s autobiographies I highly recommend them- he literally lived about 10 lives in one and he’s the funniest and most articulate storyteller ever. And as he’s someone with the most eclectic circle of friends/family and who’d literally chat to anyone, the stories are totally crazy and hilarious. He’s so so missed!!! 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Also if anyone’s not read Paul’s autobiographies I highly recommend them- he literally lived about 10 lives in one and he’s the funniest and most articulate storyteller ever. And as he’s someone with the most eclectic circle of friends/family and who’d literally chat to anyone, the stories are totally crazy and hilarious. He’s so so missed!!! 💔
There was a story on the recent documentary about his time working with social services. Old woman he was helping to look after died. Him and his friend were getting chucked out of their flat. Paul still had the keys for the woman's flat so suggested they move into it and they did !😄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Valerie Singleton has described herself as "the opposite of gay". She has enjoyed the company of many men during her life, including a member of Joan Armatrading's backing band.

Reactions: 7
David Morrissey was amazing in The Long Shadow about Peter Sutcliffe's victims. He was a policeman.
Makeup did such a good job, close up you could see all his broken capillaries and blotches on his face (I presume he doesn't have them naturally 😂).

View attachment 2845200

I didn't realise he's married to Esther Freud, who wrote one of my favourite books Hideous Kinky.
I've just started watching that show.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Apparently Oprah has been voted the 3rd most hated celebrity in America. I'm behind on this - what's she done?
She's just been around for a very, very long time and has the types of occasionally shady associations that someone at the absolute top of entertainment and influence for forty years might have. Over the years there's been some drama involving her book club, some drama involving the way she's handled certain guests and topics, her very milquetoast politics, her apparently not very successful venture at building a girls school in South Africa. Just low- to the mid-level controversy that adds up over the decades.

She floated the idea of running for president which no one appreciated, Donald Trump is the only celebrity with the specific kind of duck-you energy to pull it off.

The Harry and Megan interview was more a source of memes than anything else, people here find them just kind of cheesy and unserious rather than having any real visceral reaction.

Reactions: 11
He was in this too which was decent

Reactions: 10
I've just started watching that show.
It's so good.
I thought about it for ages afterwards. The attitude to women was so horrendous, including towards female police officers.
I was vaguely aware of it at the time being young, and there always seemed to be a sense of relief that when a woman was murdered she was 'only' a sex worker. They started to take it really seriously when non sex workers were killed.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
There is a YT acct that has quite a few Paul/Lily shows that haven't been on for ages including one that hasn't been repeated since it was first shown. It brought back memories of watching them with my mum and sister, the three of us wetting ourselves laughing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.