Secret Celebrity Gossip #157

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think I suggested it too- unfortunately she's just not a very good director though.
Being a similar age myself to SJT was when she met Aaron- if you met a young 18/19 year lad and you realised you quite liked him you'd just stop yourself, give yourself a slap.round face and give yoursef a good talking to. You'd be the responsible adult and just not entertain it surely.
I think, and hope, that the new Amy Winehouse film, which looks awful from the trailers, with a not untalented but very miscast Marisa Abela working from STJ’s “direction”, which I believe will seriously upset any Amy fans or really anyone who likes music, will kill off any pretend career STJ has a director / filmmaker. That will be only her fourth film in 15 years, and one of those was Fifty Shades of Grey. It would be insane on her track record to give her any Bond film although I too am sure she would try to get it if ATJ were cast.

Age gaps between older adults are one thing; 18 and 40-anything is a definite no, STJ is wrong in the head. I hope ATJ sees things more clearly one day.

Reactions: 32
I've just looked on Ancestry and there is a Geraldine Estelle Halliway with her birth registered during July 1972 in Watford. Mother's maiden name is listed as Hidalgo which is exactly the same as her Wikipedia page and indicates she's 51 (well bits of her are). Totally appreciate that you can edit Wikipedia but the Births Marriages and Deaths records aren't up for public editing so I'll take that as true from an age perspective. What is odd however is that she seems to claim her birthday is on August 6 which would be after it was registered.
I also looked her birth record up the other day. The JUly thing is simply because it is registered in the third quarter Jul-Aug-Sept.

Reactions: 2
The twins thing disturbs me, I view the husband in much the same way I view Gypsy Rose’s husband.

STJ is a creepy predator who is holding onto her husband with an iron grip, fully believed she got knocked up quickly to keep him tied to her, and reminds me of the character Julianne Moore played in May-Dec. If she wasn't a blonde, white well to do woman she would be called out even more.

Reactions: 28
That’s where I saw him too! Played a rather bizarre young man and yet he had such sex appeal.
I first saw him in Inception...my god, I had no idea who he was but he was so so sexy in it. Googled him as soon as I left the cinema 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The twins thing disturbs me, I view the husband in much the same way I view Gypsy Rose’s husband.

STJ is a creepy predator who is holding onto her husband with an iron grip, fully believed she got knocked up quickly to keep him tied to her, and reminds me of the character Julianne Moore played in May-Dec. If she wasn't a blonde, white well to do woman she would be called out even more.
Gypsy Rose has split from him according to the DM today.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Denise Van Outen was on The Big Breakfast when I was 15 and still at school yet she’s now a couple of years younger than me and has been for some time 😂
Nope. Denise van Outen has always been a few months younger than me. She still is.
---
Looks five years older than me, mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
On the subject of Sam Taylor-Johnson here - I've said it before and I'll say it again: were Aaron just a year younger when they got together, she'd find herself jailed, or at least guilty of abuse of power given she had a responsibility to him as his literal boss when they met.

If the roles were reversed, Aaron would've been lynched and depicted as an abuser, yet Sam has managed to slither away with the "nothing to see here!" treatment, just like Brigitte Macron. Consequently, it never ceases to amaze me just how many people are willing to overlook potentially suspect behaviour by a woman just because she's a woman.

Reactions: 65
The tabloids have got some very close up pics of Vanessa Feltz on a date which makes me think its a set up aimed at her ex.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
A famous Hollywood actress from the golden era (sorry can’t remember who) added 5 years to her age for people to tell her how fabulous she looked
I love this and have wondered for ages why people don’t do it more. I’m 53 and look it: my jowls are jealous of my boobs’ close friendship with my knees and I no longer dye the greys. I look worn-in and prone to gravity and that’s fine. If I started to call myself 63 people would think I was doing okay. Can we start a thing of calling ourselves older and being golden era fabulous?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I think, and hope, that the new Amy Winehouse film, which looks awful from the trailers, with a not untalented but very miscast Marisa Abela working from STJ’s “direction”, which I believe will seriously upset any Amy fans or really anyone who likes music, will kill off any pretend career STJ has a director / filmmaker. That will be only her fourth film in 15 years, and one of those was Fifty Shades of Grey. It would be insane on her track record to give her any Bond film although I too am sure she would try to get it if ATJ were cast.

Age gaps between older adults are one thing; 18 and 40-anything is a definite no, STJ is wrong in the head. I hope ATJ sees things more clearly one day.
The direction and overall production quality of the Amy film looks very poor for a cinema feature.

Considering the likes of Sam Mendes and Michael Apted have directed previous entries and Christopher Nolan has apparently been considered, she shouldn't be anywhere near the conversation at all.

If they really want a female director it should be somebody like Katherine Bigelow or even Greta Gerwig.

Can't imagine STJ wanting him to work with other women, though. In fact, I've just checked and he hasn't worked with any female directors other than her.

I know there aren't as many women in directing but still.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16

I can’t even stick the trailers. I won’t be watching. At first I was excited about it but first watch of the trailer and something about it feels wrong. Huge Amy fan but prefer to remember here my way I think
---
Me too. Weirdly my crush started when he was in Walking Dead but his character was horrible :unsure:🤭
Reminds me of watching the first episode of Happy Valley, getting the absolute raging horn for James Norton , then minutes later they reveal he’s the worst person, be try conflicting feelings

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think it was on here that a poster said they - or a friend of theirs - once saw Marvin being all loved up and affectionate with a woman who wasn't Rochelle.
I seem to recall something about purchasing lingerie too? Goodness only knows how I remember this?

Reactions: 6
I love this and have wondered for ages why people don’t do it more. I’m 53 and look it: my jowls are jealous of my boobs’ close friendship with my knees and I no longer dye the greys. I look worn-in and prone to gravity and that’s fine. If I started to call myself 63 people would think I was doing okay. Can we start a thing of calling ourselves older and being golden era fabulous?
What a wonderful idea. I am going to claim to be in my 60's (I'm 37) and revel in the compliments. Alternately, I'll lock myself in the attic forever when people tell me they thought I was older.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
What a wonderful idea. I am going to claim to be in my 60's (I'm 37) and revel in the compliments. Alternately, I'll lock myself in the attic forever when people tell me they thought I was older.
Apparently I've been doing it by mistake I realised from being prompted by this, I've been telling everyone I'm a year older than I am, now I have an excuse!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.