Secret Celebrity Gossip #157

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a wonderful idea. I am going to claim to be in my 60's (I'm 37) and revel in the compliments. Alternately, I'll lock myself in the attic forever when people tell me they thought I was older.

If you post a “guess my age” photo on Mumsnet, some ray of sunshine will put you in your 60s even if you look 25!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
If you post a “guess my age” photo on Mumsnet, some ray of sunshine will put you in your 60s even if you look 25!
Ah Mumsnet!
I don't know what possesses anyone to ask someone to guess their age anyway.
"What age do you think I am?" is such a stupid, dangerous, pointless question.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Ah Mumsnet!
I don't know what possesses anyone to ask someone to guess their age anyway.
"What age do you think I am?" is such a stupid, dangerous, pointless question.
Someone at work asked me, I thought they were a few years older than me so I said “hmm, about my age aren’t you?” turned out they were three years younger. Which obvs isn’t what I meant but meant I could easily save it with “yeah, so about my age!”. And just thought to myself, thank duck I didn’t say the actual age I thought they were.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Someone at work asked me, I thought they were a few years older than me so I said “hmm, about my age aren’t you?” turned out they were three years younger. Which obvs isn’t what I meant but meant I could easily save it with “yeah, so about my age!”. And just thought to myself, thank duck I didn’t say the actual age I thought they were.
It's a minefield!
Bad sign of a person if they ask, in my opinion!

Reactions: 12
It's a minefield!
Bad sign of a person if they ask, in my opinion!
I hate, hate, hate being asked how old I think someone is. Unless they are very very very old and take being thought of as 91 a compliment because they are actually 103. It's nearly always women, nearly always over 30, and desperate to be told they look 19. Or 23. Anything but the truth, which is 47.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Someone asked me this at work and I gave an actual number. I was about 9 years out and not in a favourable direction 😬. In my defence, they did have a face mask on so it was a bit hard to tell. I still cringe every time I see them.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Someone asked me this at work and I gave an actual number. I was about 9 years out and not in a favourable direction 😬. In my defence, they did have a face mask on so it was a bit hard to tell. I still cringe every time I see them.
A face mask like a covid mask or a Venetian mask?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’ve a colleague who is obsessed with other peoples age. Be it other colleagues
, influencer, it doesn’t matter, she always asks how old I think they are. Never understood that.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Someone I have known for 20 years, as an acquaintance, asked me to guess his age recently. I mentally subtracted 3 years from my genuine guess, and told him.

My answer was his correct age!

However, he was so huffy that I had guessed correctly - apparently most people think he is 10 yrs younger than his age (🤥)
He was so put out and actually questioned me about it - what was it that made me think he was that age? Blah blah blah.

He is a very successful man with a spiky personality. Can’t imagine why everyone says such low guesses. It never occured to me that he would be so precious about it. 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
When I started a new job, my boss said I cannot believe I will be 46 this year and I said I cannot believe I will be 47 this year..

She looked at me funny ( she did not interview me) and said I asked John (who had interviewed me) what age do you think the new girl is?
He said 38!!
I was 46!!
I was made up, and loved him ever since!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Someone I have known for 20 years, as an acquaintance, asked me to guess his age recently. I mentally subtracted 3 years from my genuine guess, and told him.

My answer was his correct age!

However, he was so huffy that I had guessed correctly - apparently most people think he is 10 yrs younger than his age (🤥)
He was so put out and actually questioned me about it - what was it that made me think he was that age? Blah blah blah.

He is a very successful man with a spiky personality. Can’t imagine why everyone says such low guesses. It never occured to me that he would be so precious about it. 🙄
Had the same scenario when I started a new job a decade ago. All the staff were there (which was approximately thirty) and his girlfriend said ‘How old do you think X is?’ I guessed correctly and there was a collective look of horror from the couple which was met with, ‘Well, everybody thinks he looks ten years younger.’ The problem being that quite evidently, everybody bleeping didn’t think that, but I actually said it. I still wish I’d tagged on a ridiculous number of years and said ‘He looks good considering he must have seen some action in Normandy.’

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I’ve posted this on her own thread too but I know people who knew Geri Halliwell growing up and she has never claimed to be anything but her own age.

Reactions: 4
She's a year older than me. Always has been and still is.
---
Now Caprice...god knows how old she is but her age seems to be reversing though not the passage of time to her face.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.