Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ravenstown

VIP Member
David Morrisey is a hugely underrated actor, -he always acts everyone else off the screen.
Same as Samantha Morton, you realise how shit all the other actors in the scene are once she opens her mouth.
Both magnificent, I agree. Samantha Morton never fails to impress. She's stunning in every way.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
we met him at the airport for an early morning flight,he was really friendly and chatty. Bloody good looking too.
I worked at Liberty in London for a while after I graduated. He came in with his wife once. V tall and extremely good looking but mainly just really shy but polite. His wife tended to take the lead but both were very friendly and good manners.

• Heart

The Eskimo

Chatty Member
Which celebrity guest arrived late for kick-off at a recent Wrexham match because she assumed (presumably because Hollywood stars Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney own the club) that the ground would have valet parking?

From this weeks Popbitch. Amused me. Any ideas?
Madonna or Barbara Knox. It definitely can’t be Cate Blanchett as she is furious that Wrexham are allowed to play in an English league and it has led to an epic fallout between her and Harrison Ford, who is a fanatical supporter of Swansea City.

• Haha

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I have a completely irrational dislike of Susanne Jones and I have no idea why. I can’t watch anything with her in it.

Carefree

VIP Member
Thank you so much for the Blankety Blanks. We’ve just cried with laughter. My daughter loves the current version but I find it so dull, and Bradley Walsh is no Lily.
The "celebrities" are shite too. I saw one when Gemma Collins was on and she didn't even know what the game is about. Also, Bradley needs to go and have a break from the TV schedules. I like him but don't need him everywhere.

PeteM

VIP Member
Rebel's scenes in This Means War were cut. I think she plays Tom Hardy's sister as well. She doesn't appear in the main cast lists.

I have a friend who works in film production (not hands-on). She has worked on films featuring Tom H a few times and I'm wondering whether she had anything to do with this one.

She is very discreet about the people she meets but she did tell a group of us what he smelt like when we asked.
Christ, how many people stuck their finger up Tom's bum on the set of this film?

• Haha

April Ludgate

Apparently if I am reading this right, Rebel Wilson is accusing Sacha Baron Cohen of sexual harassment? She uploaded this on her instagram
View attachment 2835605
Some people are putting two and two together because she said that a male co star she worked with sexually harassed her onset by pulling down his trousers and pants and then asking her to perform a lewd act on him in front of his friends.

I knew Sacha Baron Cohen’s whole thing was being an asshole when in character but I’m surprised at these allegations. Unless I have been naive about him.
Wow I've never heard anything like this about him either. How awful. Brave of her to name him.

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I'm not a Sheridan Smith fan. Came across her through work and didn't like her much. Bit snotty. I also feel like she's pretty overrated as a performer. I get sick of seeing the same people in everything, I wish they'd give some up and coming actresses a go.
Agree. It's the same with presenters. Same old people.

EllaBella10

VIP Member
Billy Connolly will always be one of the funniest people ever but he definitely lost his edge when he got together with Pam. I reckon a lot of navel gazing goes on there.

I say that as someone who was a Billy fan for as long as I can remember. I think he’s an auld windbag now, and has been for years.
Yep, my fiancé seen him in a pub in Glasgow a few years ago and he was up his own arse talking all posh and acting like lord of the manor! Was also bullying a wee old man sat by himself and making fun of him. My fiancé and his mates got kicked out of the pub for calling him out.

I also heard he stole his jokes and patter off all the wee men he worked with in the boat yards passing it off as his own. He’s a phoney prick!

• Sad
  • Wow

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
Mel B likes to stir doesn't she? :LOL:

Mel B says she 'doesn't believe' Geri Halliwell is 50 as she claims Ginger Spice has lied about her age for years: 'No one knows how old she is'
I've just looked on Ancestry and there is a Geraldine Estelle Halliway with her birth registered during July 1972 in Watford. Mother's maiden name is listed as Hidalgo which is exactly the same as her Wikipedia page and indicates she's 51 (well bits of her are). Totally appreciate that you can edit Wikipedia but the Births Marriages and Deaths records aren't up for public editing so I'll take that as true from an age perspective. What is odd however is that she seems to claim her birthday is on August 6 which would be after it was registered.

• Haha
What a wonderful idea. I am going to claim to be in my 60's (I'm 37) and revel in the compliments. Alternately, I'll lock myself in the attic forever when people tell me they thought I was older.

If you post a “guess my age” photo on Mumsnet, some ray of sunshine will put you in your 60s even if you look 25!

• Haha
  • Wow

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Rebel's scenes in This Means War were cut. I think she plays Tom Hardy's sister as well. She doesn't appear in the main cast lists.

I have a friend who works in film production (not hands-on). She has worked on films featuring Tom H a few times and I'm wondering whether she had anything to do with this one.

She is very discreet about the people she meets but she did tell a group of us what he smelt like when we asked.
You forgot the final sentence here!

• Haha

Multi-21

VIP Member
Looks like Lauren Goodger has gone down the Jenifer Aniston route as well. Would not have recognised her
IMG_8083.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
Piss poor tea but I met Lucy Spraggan at Disney - around 2016 queuing to meet Alice and the mad hatter. She was with her then wife and their adopted kids. My daughter shared some sweeties and played a game with them in the queue. Mr bored said I think it’s that girl from the X factor. Me being gobby said, “has anyone ever told you how much like Lucy Spraggan you look” she replied with yes because I am her. I then made the cardinal error of asking if she’d done much since X factor. Very huffily she replied she’d made about 5 albums. These had clearly by passed me. She didn’t speak a word then in the long awkward wait.
We saw her play warm up for a Robbie gig at Sandringham last year. She was actually ok. Still didn’t know a single though 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Mycatismad

VIP Member
This came up in my feed and is not Blankety Blank but Lily's own show outtakes. She had me sobbing with laughter at the bit where Lily's kicking off about mens dirty habits, and where they wipe their knob.

Omg 🤣 I absolutely love her!!! Thanks for sharing ☺🤣.
Also if anyone’s not read Paul’s autobiographies I highly recommend them- he literally lived about 10 lives in one and he’s the funniest and most articulate storyteller ever. And as he’s someone with the most eclectic circle of friends/family and who’d literally chat to anyone, the stories are totally crazy and hilarious. He’s so so missed!!! 💔

• Heart

Carefree

VIP Member
Rebel's turn in Bridesmaids ruins an otherwise very good film. Just vile. Doesn't mean SBC is off scott free though.

Spilttea

VIP Member
The twins thing disturbs me, I view the husband in much the same way I view Gypsy Rose’s husband.

STJ is a creepy predator who is holding onto her husband with an iron grip, fully believed she got knocked up quickly to keep him tied to her, and reminds me of the character Julianne Moore played in May-Dec. If she wasn't a blonde, white well to do woman she would be called out even more.

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
Kristen Sheridan was going to do one but that was separate to this one. i believe stj was always the director of this one.
she did attend public school apart from Sylvia young. mitch was a taxi driver and i think her mom was a pharmacist from memory.
I believe there was plans for a miniseries at one point?

Yeah, her mum was a pharmacist. I think they lived in a council house? The film looks like it's got her background about right at least.

Including Mark in the film might have actually introduced a nice theme of music bringing people together considering that's how they bonded and made friends despite VASTLY different social backgrounds and childhoods.
---
A few mentions in the comments about endometriosis & surgery from her more avid followers. Hope she doesn't have that - it's a horrible condition.
---
Also - as Tom Hardy is getting a lot of love on here, I feel I have to bring out his early MySpace picture - enough to make anyone's vagina seal shut:

View attachment 2847737
Was this an audition for the role of Young Onslow in a Keeping Up Appearances spin off?

• Haha