Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
“They tried to make me go to Rehab
But I said no, no, no
Yes I've been black, but when I come back
You'll know, know, know
I ain't got the time
And if my daddy thinks I'm fine”

Pretty much sums up her father.
I remember reading an interview with Amy, where she hoped that she would, one day, have lots of babies and be a brilliant mum, and never try to persuade her children to follow any path other than their own dream. I will try and find the link. It was when she was sober, not married to Blake, and optimistically happy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Not an A-list celeb but if you're into Eurovision, you'll know who Luke Black is. (Serbia's 2023 entry). He is an absolute darling and waits with fans for their buses/trains after his concerts, makes sure they get on safely and waves them off. I don't know anything about anyone more interesting than that haha.
That’s made me think of Sam Ryder who was robbed of Eurovision and seeems absolutely lovely so don’t even think about ruining him for me! 😬

• Heart

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Former NFL player Vontae Davis has also died, he was only 35 :(
i am starting to really think there is something odd about these early deaths..(unless its suicide or a preexisting medical condition) or is it just because the category of famous person is so wide now? I can't help but wonder if Covid has either effed up people's bodies or their mental health more than is talked about or realised. I though getting older would class myself as relatively healthy. Since the first time i got Covid Ihave had the odd chest wheezy and breathing issues and a few odd physical side effects.Plus now my liver seems to be fecked and I was never much of a drinker. I went to the doctors a while back about my knee before my arthritis was diagnosed and they insisted on a whole bunch of tests which culminated in my dr calling me when I was at my inlaws in the States 2 or 3 days before Christmas 2023 telling me i had a whole string of serious issues and putting the fear of god into me , ruining Christmas and actually making me a weeping wreck.

• Sad
  • Wow

FlipFlop0706

VIP Member
“They tried to make me go to Rehab
But I said no, no, no
Yes I've been black, but when I come back
You'll know, know, know
I ain't got the time
And if my daddy thinks I'm fine”

Pretty much sums up her father.

• Sad

Eeeww David!

Chatty Member
There are some things I don’t understand how they would work but also if the other twin wanted to get married could they? Is the husband married to two people or one? If one twin wanted a baby but the other didn’t what would happen?
Not sure but ones getting a free honeymoon.

• Haha

InkHeart

Chatty Member
With a beard in Blackadder 2 he was quite a dish (well Blackadder was) but outside of that he's a challenge
Apparently he couldn't wait to shave it off because people kept telling him he looked like The Yorkshire Ripper.
---
Pure CDAN nonsense. While even a stopped clock tells the correct time twice a day, most of their (unrevealed) BIs that are used as “proof” for various claims are generally 🐂💩
A good case in point, is the Catherine Zeta Jones is 10 years older than she says, even though you can easily see the register index for her birth in late 1968 on Free BMD and she’s been featured in national press since she was at least 10. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Anyone remember the amazing time when 43-year-old Tim Westwood told a journalist he was 27?

• Haha
  • Wow

TigerTim

I remember Keeping Up Appearances being seen as a bit naff at the time but it worked so well because it’s a straightforward concept but very well done. It’s also a got a bit of retro appeal now it’s around 30 years old. Unlike Roy Clarke’s other big show (LOTSW), it didn’t outstay its welcome either. The cast is fabulous too - not just Patricia Routledge but all the other regulars like Geoffrey Hughes. That line about eating at the captains table in Christmas special on the QE2 is classic.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Does anyone remember these twins? They did a tv documentary a few years ago and were in the public eye for some time. Well one of them got married a few years ago but it’s just come out publicly.

Sorry, but that gives me the ick.

DarnIt

VIP Member
I've always had a dislike of Rebel Wilson.
I can't take what she's said seriously about SBC when you read her wiki page about her struggles with the truth about her upbringing and then the hypocrisy with theTom Hardy thing.
Nah, she is a little fibber.
Libel Wilson?

• Haha

Orangeinessex

VIP Member
Got some very weak tea. My neighbour went to school with Rowan Atkinson. Said he was a prick back then and he “stole” the Mr Bean character from one of the teachers who actually was like that. Even had the padlock on the driver side door of his car.
Every time he gets into the wine he tells me this and it never fails to make me chortle at his outrage.
Great tea and I'm here for it !

ProfessorColdheart

Not really a celebrity but the columnist Sarah Whiteley from the Metro has died suddenly. Only 39. Most of her stories were about her two young children. I couldn't relate to them but it's no age to go and will be an awful time for her partner.

• Sad
  • Wow

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I get why you call it a guilty pleasure, but I’m 100% serious when I say that Patricia Routledge is one of the best comedy actors of our time. Not just the voice and delivery, but the physical comedy she brought to that character. Absolute genius of a woman.

edited to add, Sorry, in my excitement to share the Patricia Routledge love, I missed the rest of your comment,

“The characters and scenarios are very well-drawn.”

totally agree!
I absolutely love Keeping Up Appearances. I laugh every time, no matter how often I watch.

She is just brilliant - as indeed are all the main characters.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
we met him at the airport for an early morning flight,he was really friendly and chatty. Bloody good looking too.
My friend saw him in a bar in Spain and said he seemed ok and pleasant enough. He was with Robbie Savage who she wasn't very complimentary about.

She also had an encounter with Dara O'Briain and Ed Byrne at a bar in the O2. Said they were absolutely lovely and really funny. Stayed drinking with them for ages.

• Heart

Restless Native

VIP Member
It was when she invited cameras when she was in the carribean trying to get away from everything. She told him not to if I recall and he still did

• Sad
Reactions: 26

Salted Caramel

VIP Member
I met Suranne Jones when she was making Scott and Bailey and she was absolutely lovely. I'm happy to see how much work she's getting these days tbh.

Reactions: 26