Secret Celebrity Gossip #154

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Linda has had one role in one average sitcom and was the most boring character in it.

If anyone is a national treasure from that it's Lesley Joseph whose character was funnier and more iconic and she has done loads of stage work over the years and has shown what a hard worker she is. Although even then I wouldn't class her as a national treasure.

That's someone like David Attenborough, Judi Dench, Maggie Smith etc. People with well respected and known in a particular field or actors with long and varied careers people have a natural affection towards.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
A NT has to at least be someone people can recognise - like doesn't matter the age, race, gender- if you showed a young person a photo of Attenborough they'd know who he was, they wouldn't know Linda.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
On age gaps....earlier in the thread there was mention of Ian McKellen and his much younger partner (recently split) and is was described as creepy but I thought that perhaps rather than McKellan being predatory perhaps he was the vulnerable party? Not meaning to be patronising to older people but people do tend to become a lot more vulnerable as they get older. A well off gent approaching his 80th might seem quite the catch to a young gold digger type. Wondered that with Fry and his Twink also, not that Fry is elderly of course but his vulnerabilities are no secret.
---
So many edits for typos . Never employ me as a proof reader
You have a point though regarding McKellen I don't think that is the case. He was the dumpee. Sounds like he wanted a play thing for when he was on tour.

Again 84 and 30 ... up to them what they do.

• Wow
  • Sick
A NT has to at least be someone people can recognise - like doesn't matter the age, race, gender- if you showed a young person a photo of Attenborough they'd know who he was, they wouldn't know Linda.
Exactly and also NT status is bestowed upon you. You don’t get to declare it yourself!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
On age gaps....earlier in the thread there was mention of Ian McKellen and his much younger partner (recently split) and is was described as creepy but I thought that perhaps rather than McKellan being predatory perhaps he was the vulnerable party? Not meaning to be patronising to older people but people do tend to become a lot more vulnerable as they get older. A well off gent approaching his 80th might seem quite the catch to a young gold digger type. Wondered that with Fry and his Twink also, not that Fry is elderly of course but his vulnerabilities are no secret.
---
So many edits for typos . Never employ me as a proof reader
I thought exactly the same! There are plenty of stories of older people being preyed on by much younger folk

Reactions: 8
You have a point though regarding McKellen I don't think that is the case. He was the dumpee. Sounds like he wanted a play thing for when he was on tour.

Again 84 and 30 ... up to them what they do.
I went to school with Oscar…no tea sadly. He still has a photo of the two of them as his Twitter header photo…maybe he thought the relationship would be good for his career!

Reactions: 8
Aww Linda Robson is such a lovely lady and well loved in the area. The national treasure thing is a joke 😂 she isn’t calling herself a national treasure with a straight face

Reactions: 10
I thought exactly the same! There are plenty of stories of older people being preyed on by much younger folk
The Al Pacino situation gives me bad vibes.

He was apparently under the impression that he was medically unable to conceive, and the woman has a history of pursuing elderly men.

There were also several reports that he's struggling mentally and is often confused.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Peaky Blinders would not be the same without him but I imagine it could be a triggering role to return to if he does have an addiction?
Especially as his defence in court said he can't help but slip into character when recognised by fans and act like Arthur Shelby does.
Should think he'd cost a fortune to insure to work too- thats if he passes the medical

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The Al Pacino situation gives me bad vibes.

He was apparently under the impression that he was medically unable to conceive, and the woman has a history of pursuing elderly men.

There were also several reports that he's struggling mentally and is often confused.
yep. the mother of the child has previous (she dated mick jagger when she was 22!); i’m sure i’ve read that she’s from a wealthy family too so no idea why she feels the need to pursue these rich elderly men (assuming it’s financial anyway).

robert de niro had a child at 79 around the same time (i think) but his partner is at least 45 and it seemed a happy thing for them both. the pacino situation is just creepy and makes me sad for him.

• Sad
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.