Secret Celebrity Gossip #153

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've also seen Midge do an acoustic set in a small venue- he was brilliant
love "If I was"
if you ignore the cheesey dad dancing in video!
I mean there's a lot to like about him, Thin Lizzy touring is no small thing, but he's not the most obvious "pop star".

Reactions: 9
Why is Jordan North leaving radio one and being replaced by Jamie Laing of all people?!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
love "If I was"
I really love this song. I think it's extraordinarily beautiful.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I mean there's a lot to like about him, Thin Lizzy touring is no small thing, but he's not the most obvious "pop star".
I think that's probably Midge Ure's secret weapon. Ultravox were a great band, I always thought. A very strong sound.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Why is Jordan North leaving radio one and being replaced by Jamie Laing of all people?!
Breaking out of my normal lurking role to put on my radio nerd hat.
Tone of the announcement is very positive but also very weirdly vague. Roman Kemp has been rumoured to be leaving capital breakfast since late last year so my money would be on Jordan taking over Capital Breakfast. R1 announcing now might be an attempt to look more in control of DJs coming and going after the Ken Bruce defection last year.
That said, Capital, even for the syndicated breakfast show would technically be a downgrade in terms of listeners but is probably a lot more money for Jordan. Which makes me wonder if there’s something else at play - I wonder if there’s been a breach of contract in terms of his outside work or he’s had one too many warnings about on air promo of his work at ITV or the podcast or something. Or it might be there’s personal stuff and he needs a proper career break.
He’s an amazing DJ so I hope it’s a nice thing that’s happened for him.

Reactions: 26
Midge Ure was the guest speaker at a staff conference, he ended with 2 pieces of advice "if you want to get people on board with your idea firstly state your intention, and secondly tell then what it is you want to do" . Isn't that 1 piece advice said in 2 different ways? I think about it alot and wonder if I've missed something!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It's rare to hear Vick and Jordan together as they've both got so many other projects, esp him. He's been really careful in doing the right amount of TV, not being OTT everywhere, so am sure he's got a sensible plan lol. Chris Stark moved from R1 to Capital - I love Chris but don't think they're the right fit for him as he seems to be sidelined for it to be the Roman Kemp show, and I say that as someone who loves Roman. Jordan's book, podcast, live tour, Saturday Night Takeaway etc etc are all doing well. He seems a real radio geek who's worked his way up but wonder if he's making switch to only TV now?

Jamie Laing covered for Mollie a few times when she was on maternity leave and I actually liked him. But I do prefer when R1 brings in presenters who've done the whole uni radio, local radio journey.

love "If I was"
We saw him at one of these acts of the 80s gigs with no expectation really. Turns out he was best act of the night and had a really good set.

Reactions: 21
I’m sure I’ve said this before but my husband, randomly, has Midge Ure’s mobile number. It’s not a fake number. They have mutuals, have met and yes my husband is a fan

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Sorry if I missed this on the thread, but if not...Ben Shepherd and Cat Deely announced as new permanent hosts for This Morning.

• Wow
  • Sick
The statement is a bit vague, I think the timing is peculiar too, with the death of Steve Wright and the rumblings and criticism of how badly he, Bruce, O'Grady were treated.

Jordan North is also popular and successful - his show was competent. So he's either done something and got sacked, or he's leaving for pastures new. I cant just see it as them moving him on to Radio 2 or something.

Radio 1 is in danger of being seen as a posh boys\girls club with the addition of Laing - you already have Greg James wanging on about cricket half the time and Matt and Molly Jolly Hockeysticks larrrfing together on the weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
"Or pissed off that they can't afford it".duck off you vile nepo baby.The only reason she can afford anything is because of her parents.
Not true. Clearly she is living it up with the royalties from this

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
God, I can't stand Kelly Osbourne

Kelly, who famously said:

“If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet, Donald Trump? You know what I mean?”

And thought that she really did something with that comment.

Awful, awful woman.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
God, I can't stand Kelly Osbourne

Well you can tell her Mum has gone entirely overboard with it so you’d think of anyone Kelly would be able to see the negative side. Sharon currently looks like a shite waxwork version of herself.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.