Secret Celebrity Gossip #153

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you seen Bob Geldof online warning TS not to criticise Trump as it will threaten her personal safety? It was an interview on Times radio, I caught a clip of it.
Taylor probably has security on par with the Secret Service anyway. And Geldof is nuts.

Reactions: 11
The statement is a bit vague, I think the timing is peculiar too, with the death of Steve Wright and the rumblings and criticism of how badly he, Bruce, O'Grady were treated.

Jordan North is also popular and successful - his show was competent. So he's either done something and got sacked, or he's leaving for pastures new. I cant just see it as them moving him on to Radio 2 or something.

Radio 1 is in danger of being seen as a posh boys\girls club with the addition of Laing - you already have Greg James wanging on about cricket half the time and Matt and Molly Jolly Hockeysticks larrrfing together on the weekend.
Off to Capital for a load more cash by the sounds of things. Maybe he gets more freedom for his own off air ventures and content. I think Chris Stark went with a brief to come up with more of the content then for his on air presence so maybe he helped to bring Jordan over.
Interesting that he is going the other way from Vick who came to radio 1 from Capital breakfast

Reactions: 5
When I catch it I find Jordan and Vick’s show a difficult listen, I don’t think they work well together, even though they appear to be good friends.

R1 seem to have been desperate to get Jamie Laing in properly for ages so not too shocked. Tbf he wasn’t bad when he filled in for Mollie.

I wonder how long Greg James will stay now, he’s getting to that difficult age 🤣 of getting a bit long in the tooth for R1, but too young for R2.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When I catch it I find Jordan and Vick’s show a difficult listen, I don’t think they work well together, even though they appear to be good friends.

R1 seem to have been desperate to get Jamie Laing in properly for ages so not too shocked. Tbf he wasn’t bad when he filled in for Mollie.

I wonder how long Greg James will stay now, he’s getting to that difficult age 🤣 of getting a bit long in the tooth for R1, but too young for R2.
It’s a bit odd they brought in all these duos presenting together but then a lot of them are hardly ever there together and it just seems like a massive pick and mix a lot of the time. Breakfast lasts until 10.30, weekdays are only Mon-Thurs (apart from Greg James and that was a climb down as listeners complained) and some shows are so short now (RMC looking at you).
Their salary scales must be a confusing read! Wonder if they are paid by the show or contracted to get all this time off.

There’s just not a lot of continuity in the scheduling. Maybe I’m just getting too old for it!

Reactions: 8
I think, as a rule, you can say that anyone - famous or not - that starts wearing orange or purple coloured lenses on their glasses is a complete and utter twit.
Stuart Woody Wood out of the Bay City Rollers wears coloured lenses but it's because he has some visual issue. I know this because my Aunty Cathy forced me to go to a Bay City Rollers concert last Autumn, and it was full of middle aged ladies wearing tartan and hyperventilating.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
It’s a bit odd they brought in all these duos presenting together but then a lot of them are hardly ever there together and it just seems like a massive pick and mix a lot of the time. Breakfast lasts until 10.30, weekdays are only Mon-Thurs (apart from Greg James and that was a climb down as listeners complained) and some shows are so short now (RMC looking at you).
Their salary scales must be a confusing read! Wonder if they are paid by the show or contracted to get all this time off.

There’s just not a lot of continuity in the scheduling. Maybe I’m just getting too old for it!
RMC are so painful to listen to, they’re always talking over each other! I only stayed on R1 for Greg and Jordan (and Scott and Chris before they left). Once Greg goes, that’s it!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We saw him at one of these acts of the 80s gigs with no expectation really. Turns out he was best act of the night and had a really good set.
I was a bit of a Duranie but Ultravox were my favourite band and I had a massive crush on Midge Ure and his pencil moustache. I saw them at the Liverpool Empire in about 1983 and it was genuinely one of the best concerts I have ever been too. We all ran around to the stage door and hung about for a bit and then some guy came out and told us to queue nicely or we weren't coming in to meet them!! 15 years old me was blown away. We were allowed in to meet the band and they were all lovely and signed out programmes. I still have it.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
RMC are so painful to listen to, they’re always talking over each other! I only stayed on R1 for Greg and Jordan (and Scott and Chris before they left). Once Greg goes, that’s it!
Yeah I’ll be off to somewhere new once Greg goes

Reactions: 8
Well you can tell her Mum has gone entirely overboard with it so you’d think of anyone Kelly would be able to see the negative side. Sharon currently looks like a shite waxwork version of herself.
Kelly looks bloody awful too and it's aged her.

She's another one who has zero talent and yet has managed a career doing ?????

Reactions: 18
Well you can tell her Mum has gone entirely overboard with it so you’d think of anyone Kelly would be able to see the negative side. Sharon currently looks like a shite waxwork version of herself.
Well, Popbitch used to regularly post this photo of Kelly Osbourne on their board, so, for old time's sake..
image-1-for-when-kelly-osbourne-stepped-out-at-the-emmy-awards-in-la-this-week-the-crowds-and-...jpg

And, with Ozempic, there's whisperings that it can muck up how your gut digests food (or not), forever, and I've heard about some women needing a stoma from prolonged use - and / or a higher incidence of pancreatic cancer. Death is a great way to lose weight. I'm sure there are many who think these rumours are just a conspiracy theory but you don't gamble with your health or life, imo.

Boring answer but you're better to get into intermittent fasting and do that forever, instead. And your body won't get the 'shock' sudden weight loss that puts strain on your organs and potential muscle wastage that can give that wizened look to your face ('Ozempic Face').

• Haha
Reactions: 37
With The Body Shop does this mean it’s completely over and will close down or are they going to try and save it?
Much like Lush it became far too expensive.
I stopped shopping there when they changed the formula of my favourite product line "White Musk", and other favourites such as satsuma.
I couldn't believe how little fragrance every product I purchased had and the overall formula changed beyond recognition.
They have a nerve to sell items that smell nothing like they once did, and still label them "iconic brands".
I'm now stuck with lots of stuff I can't use.
Everything I once loved- just smell of chemicals with no lasting fragrance..
I think they forgot that often "if it ain't broke- don't fix it".
I'm not surprised they're going tits up.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I met Midge Ure 7 years ago and had a long conversation and drinks with him. He’s a genuinely engaging and interesting guy. One of my favourite slebs.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I stopped shopping there when they changed the formula of my favourite product line "White Musk", and other favourites such as satsuma.
I couldn't believe how little fragrance every product I purchased had and the overall formula changed beyond recognition.
They have a nerve to sell items that smell nothing like they once did, and still label them "iconic brands".
I'm now stuck with lots of stuff I can't use.
Everything I once loved- just smell of chemicals with no lasting fragrance..
I think they forgot that often "if it ain't broke- don't fix it".
I'm not surprised they're going tits up.
Agreed. White must smells awful since they made it vegan 🤢They need to bring back the old classics,the perfume bar, Dewberry,Ananya,Fuzzy peach,animal soaps etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but apparently the accusation against Christian Horner is one of sexual misconduct (from a woman) and he’s offered her £650,000 to settle.

ETA: on a lighter note Googlebox is watching Saltburn tonight.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Does Taylor Swift have sinus problems? Her mouth is always a gaping maw.
I'd be hotfooting it to the adenoid removal Dr if I had her money.

ETA- sorry I forgot this is the celebrity gossip thread, so if it helps- I saw Tom Holland in the John Lewis lift recently in the thickest framed glasses. He smelt nice. He was tiny.
Was this in Kingston Upon Thames?

Reactions: 4
Yep.

Too short. Yes, it’s Mr Geri Halliwell.
Ooh, I wonder if she'll change from wearing all white to all black now that her fairytale marriage has turned ugly? Sexual misconduct and the offer of a pay off to keep the woman quiet sounds like he might be guilty of something unpalatable.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.