Secret Celebrity Gossip #153

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the Taylor Swift stuff has only really kicked off since this tour, she was just like J-Lo or Katy Perry before. I completely get the criticism but I'd rather my daughters look at her as opposed to the Kardashians and those Hadid girls. She's not dyed and stuffed full of filler and must be filthy rich from writing music and touring as opposed to making sex tapes.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I’ve ventured onto the Taylor thread here a few times and backed off again because despite not being in the rave section it definitely was mainly pro Taylor. Nice to have found my people on this one instead 🤣🤣
Same! I wasn’t expecting a bunch of grown women getting their knickers wet over the possibility of her announcing an album at the Grammys. Like…you are all in your 30’s, grow up!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I once saw someone refer to Taylor Swift as a "sore winner" and I think that sums it up.

She's phenomenally rich with a load of hit records, a pile of awards and millions of fawning fans who'll follow her anywhere. She's on top of the world.

But she won't just accept it. She's always got to have more attention and more praise and more validation. She's constantly casting herself as the underdog and rubbing her success in the faces of people she feels have slighted her (she even has a whole song about it - Karma).

Nevermind trying to make everything about her, like announcing her new album at the Grammys as a blatant attempt to overshadow every other winner.

Plenty of celebs are egotistical drama queens, but not like this.

Reactions: 33
I just find her so average in all ways and devoid of any personality. She's not tit, she's just...OK.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I went to see the Taylor concert in the cinema.

Yes its spectacular with loads of dancers and moving screens etc but it just seemed so.souless to me.
When people say of the likes of Taylor Swift "she puts on a good show" I think does she, really? It's the dancers and all the technicians managing the staging, lighting etc that put on a show. She just sings and dances, then gets all the credit for the spectacle.

Reactions: 23
When people say of the likes of Taylor Swift "she puts on a good show" I think does she, really? It's the dancers and all the technicians managing the staging, lighting etc that put on a show. She just sings and dances, then gets all the credit for the spectacle.
"Just singing and dancing" is what all artists do tbf (+ play instruments sometimes). Taylor's problem is she's not actually particularly good at either and she needs all the pyrotechnics and flash to distract from that.

There's a video going around of her vocals isolated during an awards show performance of Shake It Off and she sounds like Florence Foster Jenkins

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Same as Beyoncé though.

Reactions: 22
"Just singing and dancing" is what all artists do tbf (+ play instruments sometimes). Taylor's problem is she's not actually particularly good at either and she needs all the pyrotechnics and flash to distract from that.

There's a video going around of her vocals isolated during an awards show performance of Shake It Off and she sounds like Florence Foster Jenkins
I think that's a bit unfair actually- just seen/heard that video and I think she sounds ok, I'm sure plenty of singers would sound awful if you listen to just a live vocal in isolation

Reactions: 10
I once saw someone refer to Taylor Swift as a "sore winner" and I think that sums it up.

She's phenomenally rich with a load of hit records, a pile of awards and millions of fawning fans who'll follow her anywhere. She's on top of the world.

But she won't just accept it. She's always got to have more attention and more praise and more validation. She's constantly casting herself as the underdog and rubbing her success in the faces of people she feels have slighted her (she even has a whole song about it - Karma).

Nevermind trying to make everything about her, like announcing her new album at the Grammys as a blatant attempt to overshadow every other winner.

Plenty of celebs are egotistical drama queens, but not like this.
This is her origin story. She's still not over it. https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/492224-in-middle-school-my-friends-decided-i-was-weird-and

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
My first recollection of seeing Taylor was in a country music award show (remember when she was a country singer???)

She was God awful!!! I remember thinking how the hell did she get a record deal? Someone criticised her vocals and her manager came out with some reference about how this wasn't American Idol. Think Kelly Clarkson and some other folk took umbridge at the remark, like American Idol contestants were lesser people than Taylor.

If its a competition between Taylor and Beyonce, then I'll be Team Queen Bee!!! Beyonce ain't no Aretha (nobody is) but I do think she's got more about her than Taylor.

Reactions: 9
Possibly a 'Lavender' relationship ??? :unsure:
This wouldn’t surprise me, there have been rumours of that for years, but this latest one has cemented how fake the majority have seemed. She shouldn’t have to do it, which is why I hope the rumours are false.
I don’t think she courted publicity with Joe alwyn, which is why like someone else has said, I’m inclined to think that one was genuine.

Reactions: 9
It's when he said 'you came across the world' and then corrected it to 'halfway across the world' sounded a bit scripted to me or it was at least with the camera in mind.
Yeah I thought it was genuine until I heard that and how they spoke to each other. Sounded too scripted

Reactions: 7
I love TS music and will listen to at least one of her songs pretty much every day, but separating the art from the artists I totally get why people can’t be doing with her.

She’s the epitome of being stuck at the age you got famous. Her public relationships haven’t progressed beyond high school, being “seen” with the cool boyfriend, and her profiteering off fans is INSANE with what she charges for merchandise and tickets and doing sly things like charging for renting a movie when she knows it’ll be on streaming platform soon. Her hair looks a total state at all times 😂

Much prefer the likes of Pink who also (in my opinion) has put out consistently good music over a long time but you don’t hear much about her outside of her art and she just grafts without making a show of herself.

Reactions: 24
Yeah, I was going to include Beyonce in that, I just didn't want any of the 'Beyhive' on here attacking me!
I can’t stand her. Think she needs to take a back seat. Her latest single cover screams desperation

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.