Secret Celebrity Gossip #133

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker etc etc.

I really hope Stephen K Amos is included for what he allegedly did to that poor teenage boy. News articles from the time only mention ‘Mr X’ as the court / inquest protected the identify of the comedian. But SKA tweeted the boy’s name after he died and it seems everyone knows it was SKA.

The news articles say Mr X plied him with drink, drugs and gifts, raped him, made him strip in front of Mr X’s friends so they could touch him. He couldn’t cope with what had happened to him and ended up committing suicide.
Certainly heard a similar story about him when he came to Australia

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Matt Lucas would surprise me.

I've often said a male #metoo movement is well over due (often against other men, but not exclusively). But I'd never have put Lucas as a predator.

Reactions: 40
Is the programme tonight just about Brand or will others be named?
allegedly, lucas and walliams (based on blind item hints etc). but also allegedly just about the comedy circuit in general.
---
Matt Lucas would surprise me.

I've often said a male #metoo movement is well over due (often against other men, but not exclusively). But I'd never have put Lucas as a predator.
he would surprise me too.

someone on the last thread did point out that he allegedly went completely off the rails for a time when his partner died so it could be things he has done while in an incredibly fraught state (not excusing it at all but he does seem a different character from walliams and brand). i guess we’ll see though.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
allegedly, lucas and walliams (based on blind item hints etc). but also allegedly just about the comedy circuit in general.
I'm amazed its only 1h 30m, tbh. They could make a 15 part series about the comedy circuit, based on my observations at the Fringe over the last 20 years.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm amazed its only 1h 30m, tbh. They could make a 15 part series about the comedy circuit, based on my observations at the Fringe over the last 20 years.
based on what i’ve heard, same. the fact that posters were able to quickly name a whole list of comics it could be on the last thread speaks volumes.

Reactions: 24
I guess Lucas could fit the quiet loner type of predator, especially in the gay world. Sam Smith is another I've always got creep vibes from. Like 'lock you up in basement' type

Different to Walliams and brand

Reactions: 25
I only have 1 small piece of tea this year. A comedian who is a new dad was gurning heavily at his secret show this year. The show was an afternoon show. Also his team were absolutely HORRIBLE to locals who were just actually at the bar to have a few drinks.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I only have 1 small piece of tea this year. A comedian who is a new dad was gurning heavily at his secret show this year. The show was an afternoon show. Also his team were absolutely HORRIBLE to locals who were just actually at the bar to have a few drinks.
Fairly standard - I don't bother with the comedy at the Fringe anymore, I've seen too much crappy entitled behaviour from people.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Fairly standard - I don't bother with the comedy at the Fringe anymore, I've seen too much crappy entitled behaviour from people.
I didn't even realise it was a show until his team told me to move because he was about to perform!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It's an old stereotype that comedians are often unhappy people, so I guess it follows through that some have even darker sides to their personality

Reactions: 8
The interest around this just doesn't make sense if it's only about Brand. The guy has fallen out of mainstream media more or less completely at this point and I don't think that many people are shocked
And I doubt they'd do a 90min show about just Russell Brand. You'd just release a story via newspaper and let it snowball from there. There must be more

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Strictly starting and a celebrity sex scandal! I’m not leaving the sofa tonight 😁 I hope Walliams number is up too.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I never got what anyone saw in Russel Brand. I hated his thing where he would do childish dumbed-down language to talk to people as though he was so fabulously intelligent, e.g. My Booky Wook. I remember when he came on the Royal Variety Performance and slagged off the concept of having a monarch and kept saying "Hare Krishna" - did he think it was rock and roll of him to accept the money to go on the RVP? And his performance at the Olympic closing ceremony - what the actual duck? Who is he to perform a Beatles song?! He's not even a musician! You can't just take a load of drugs and then announce yourself as John Lennon's successor!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Sunday Times will also be revealing their story at 3pm today I believe (apologies if I misremembered the correct newspaper).

I remember when Lauren Harries said that she and Brand slept together and he denied it, I just felt she was telling the truth.
Yes I can totally believe it. He seems like an any holes a goal type bloke. Like the Bishop of Bath and Wells in Blackadder 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Long time lurker etc etc.

I really hope Stephen K Amos is included for what he allegedly did to that poor teenage boy. News articles from the time only mention ‘Mr X’ as the court / inquest protected the identify of the comedian. But SKA tweeted the boy’s name after he died and it seems everyone knows it was SKA.

The news articles say Mr X plied him with drink, drugs and gifts, raped him, made him strip in front of Mr X’s friends so they could touch him. He couldn’t cope with what had happened to him and ended up committing suicide.
I didn't know about that, that's horrifying. I've always disliked SKA, but not because I got those vibes from him. His comedy just seemed to be accusing people of being racist. Then he was on a talking heads show giving commentary about a comedy show made by disabled people and he said it was too uncomfortable to watch, because they were being exploited. Excuse the duck out of me, are you saying that because someone's legs don't work they aren't intelligent enough to make a career choice for themselves? You're allowed to accuse people of being prejudiced against you though?

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.