Secret Celebrity Gossip #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know of one person who changes their pronouns daily. Some days they are she/her and other days will be non binary. They also use two different names. They expect their work colleagues to use their different names and pronouns for whatever way the wind blows that day.

I really don't care. Call yourself what you want and I will do my best to respect you but if I get it wrong don't jump down my throat.

Edit: Just seen Mods' note.
I know someone who does this as well! I wonder if it’s the same person?! Even down to the two different names depending on whether they’re she or them. It’s very confusing. Anyways....😂

The actress who plays Honey is called Emma Barton and she was on Strictly a few years ago. Always thought she didn’t like Anton who was she was paired with very much. She seemed irritated by him. But then again who wouldn’t be?

Reactions: 4
Re Tom Cruise, what’s syrup? His wig?

Why is wig = syrup?

Christ I’ve never felt out of touch on threads till now 🤣🤣
Love not knowing about a syrup being described as out of touch! It’s probably the oldest fact on this thread so far. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Love not knowing about a syrup being described as out of touch! It’s probably the oldest fact on this thread so far. :)
Not sure on this thread or not, but I have mentioned Henry VIII before¹, which I think is older than most rhyming slang.

¹he wrote a song called Pastime With Good Company which is fairly famous.

Reactions: 1
Re Roisin Conarty are we talking about the picture by the seaside? If so is it just that she's not wearing as much make up and her eyes look a bit piggy?

Reactions: 1
What do you all think about this? It’s very much getting into the territory of you shouldn’t play someone who is different from you.
It ridiculous racial pandering, it only promotes more anti-English racism in Wales. English only actors for English roles next? You can imagine the uproar at that suggestion. Michael Sheen is trying his best to be some sort of radical politician, he's got nothing to say and nothing to offer other than "Im Welsh". It also hints a deeper and nastier hatred of the English.

Reactions: 19
It ridiculous racial pandering, it only promotes more anti-English racism in Wales. English only actors for English roles next? You can imagine the uproar at that suggestion. Michael Sheen is trying his best to be some sort of radical politician, he's got nothing to say and nothing to offer other than "Im Welsh". It also hints a deeper and nastier hatred of the English.
I don't know every role he has ever played, but I know he has played roles of non-Welsh people - Tony Blair for example. Why is that okay by his argument of Welsh roles for Welsh people.

And one of the biggest Welsh actors working at the moment doesn't play Welsh roles - Taron Egerton.

At the end of the day actors are playing parts, that's the point. I can accept some of the debate surrounding ethnicity casting, I didn't follow it properly but there was something about a Netflix Egyptian thing. To some extent I get that debate. But this is too far, it's acting. You're playing someone else, that's the point.

Reactions: 13
How many roles has he done that he's spoken with his Welsh accent, not many. Does he even speak Welsh fluently? I used to love him but he's really irritated me recently.

Reactions: 12
It’s a simplistic answer - but, you know Michael -Acting; the clue is in the word..

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Any actor should be able to play any role IF they are the best choice for it.
Ethnicity and gender certainly matters when portraying a real person but, when playing fictional characters, your accent or skin colour or what is between your thighs does not matter one bit.
Acting.

Reactions: 15
I don't know every role he has ever played, but I know he has played roles of non-Welsh people - Tony Blair for example. Why is that okay by his argument of Welsh roles for Welsh people.

And one of the biggest Welsh actors working at the moment doesn't play Welsh roles - Taron Egerton.

At the end of the day actors are playing parts, that's the point. I can accept some of the debate surrounding ethnicity casting, I didn't follow it properly but there was something about a Netflix Egyptian thing. To some extent I get that debate. But this is too far, it's acting. You're playing someone else, that's the point.
I could be reading this wrong but I see parallels with not having white actors and actresses playing people of colour roles (which I agree with) which has now evolved into not having straight and non trans people play gay/lesbian or trans characters. Maybe Michael feels that too many Welsh roles were taken over by ‘the English’ and this is him rebelling against that. But there have been several famous and crucially acclaimed Welsh actors and actresses: Anthony Hopkins, Richard Burton, Rachel Roberts, Hugh Griffith, Desmond Llewelyn, Pam Ferris, etc. Even more recent actors snd actresses such as Rhys Ifans, Matthew Rhys, Aimee-Ffion Edwards, Aneurin Barnard, Taron Egerton, Catherine Zeta Jones have become successful and are likely to go far in their careers. I’m not sure what he thinks is being done against Welsh actors and actresses?

Reactions: 5
The reason I ask is , in one scene about a year back ,her character had to collapse in an ally. As she was laying there she looked like she had quite bad hair loss and then she appeared with much thicker looking her and it looked so obviously a wig. It doesn’t seem to bad of late
---

I bunked off school to go to his house . My mate reckoned he lived near Regent’s Park. He was my major crush . Watching him now in the two films he made and I realise what a crap actor he is
He was lovely looking though.

Reactions: 3

The Netflix thing was the producers attempting to rewrite history by showing Cleopatra as a mixed race black woman and claiming it was a "documentary" and therefore truthful. Despite Cleopatra being a Queen of Egypt and well documented as of Greek heritage.

The makers of the series called anyone who objected - including the Egyptian government I believe - racist.

I've also seen people called racist for saying that Queen Charlotte and Anne Boleyn were not black in real life.

Black people have been called racist for asking why Hollywood can't make films and series about actual black historical figures.

This stuff is beyond parody at this point.

The actress who plays Honey is called Emma Barton and she was on Strictly a few years ago. Always thought she didn’t like Anton who was she was paired with very much. She seemed irritated by him. But then again who wouldn’t be?
They had some of the worst chemistry ever on the show - totally different wavelengths. The look on her face when he spoke on an It Takes Two interview was outright hilarious. I'm going to guess that she wasn't charmed by him like others were and probably wished for one of the younger, more dynamic guys as her pro (don't blame her for that).

Reactions: 13
How many roles has he done that he's spoken with his Welsh accent, not many. Does he even speak Welsh fluently? I used to love him but he's really irritated me recently.
He was quite happy to play the part of the late Brian Clough who was born in Middlesborough.
Sheen also had a pop at King Charles when he visited Wales after the Coronation.

Reactions: 8
Michael Sheen has reached that grumpy old man stage, it seems. Rants and raves and thinks everyone should listen. Many (white funnily enough) men his age go the same way.

• Heart
They had some of the worst chemistry ever on the show - totally different wavelengths. The look on
Hea her face when he spoke on an It Takes Two interview was outright hilarious. I'm going to guess that she wasn't charmed by him like others were and probably wished for one of the younger, more dynamic guys as her pro (don't blame her for that).
Doesn't surprise me, he was lucky to carry on after the racism he showed to Laila Rouas.

Reactions: 3
Completely gone off Michael Bublé. Not that I was a fan but thought he was harmless enough. I know I'm years too late but I hadn't seen the videos until yesterday where he seems aggressive towards his wife, and his face as everything she says seems to annoy him. He's a serial cheating bastard as well allegedly.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.