Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Over on SKY, Richard Keys and Andy Gray (remember them?) had their indiscreet comments leaked because a former runner/production assistant rose up the ranks to head their show.

I was on a camera course years ago and a veteran operator said he'd seen it at least twice.

The old maxim of 'be nice to people on the way up...' stands true, I'd say.
This is why, I think, the only member of One Direction to have a global presence after the boyband split, is Harry Styles. He was famed for his courteous behaviour towards everyone he worked with, from the cleaner upwards. The others, allegedly, acted like spoilt little shits.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 46

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
Just saw on the DM Mel Giedroyc trying to be sexy whilst churning butter. Made my stomach turn. Why do they show such crass, especially to a large worldwide audience
It's a piss take from an entry from about 10 years ago where their backing artists were churning like that and it was quite weird, it's not meant ti be sexy, you've missed the point

• Heart
  • Haha

albertman

If Bond was being done as a period piece or even just more faithful to the books, I could see the point of him remaining white male. However, the films remain current and reflect the times around us then I see no reason why he can’t be black.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Talking of George Michael. I melted when I read that he sent Denise Van Outen flowers (roses?) when she was going through a bad time, with a message that he was thinking of her.
I've only just read her book and I can't bloody remember why she was having the bad time - so frustrating!
Anyway we all knew what a lovely person George was. 😍💕

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member

I won’t post the link to the original article as it’s the S*n but this is a summary of it. I read the original article and dear me. I was a nurse for ten years so I’ve got a pretty strong constitution but I was pretty shocked. It’s all coming out in the open now and it seems they were right when they said that’s it worse than it was made out to be.

Poor Fred.

I don’t blame him for not wanting to go back. I was lucky enough to be in the audience for what seems likely to be the last ever Top Gear episode; there’s a photograph that’s often used in the articles of him smiling and wearing a green parka. I saw that photo being taken and I have very similar photos that I took myself. Being at that show was my birthday present to myself as it was my birthday not long after, and I got a selfie with Fred as he left. I remember being so happy and excited about it, but when the episode actually aired it was after Fred’s accident and I did shed a tear or two. From what I’ve read as well it was just a catalogue of errors that could have been so easily avoided. Very sad. But it seems Fred is being really brave and stoic which is good to hear- my thoughts and love are with him and his family as always.
Its what we’ve said on here all along. His injuries were far worse than we were originally led to believe and the BBC have been playing it down to cover their own backs. I hope he sues the shit out of them personally and health and HSE throw the book at them.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

Britbloke

Over on SKY, Richard Keys and Andy Gray (remember them?) had their indiscreet comments leaked because a former runner/production assistant rose up the ranks to head their show.

I was on a camera course years ago and a veteran operator said he'd seen it at least twice.

The old maxim of 'be nice to people on the way up...' stands true, I'd say.

petitspois

VIP Member
I used to be a big fan of Kate Winslet but she is getting up my nose with her constant insistence that her daughter "did it all on her own" when it comes to her new acting career.

It's completely delusional, Kate must know this. She must know that even if people did not know her daughter was hers right away, they probably still found out pretty damn quickly because that's how the entire industry is built.

I wish she'd stop banging on about it. It's a lie.
So what would be the odds of Kate being cast in a film and then her unknown daughter also being cast in said film without nepotism being involved? A million to one? Even longer odds I’d say. Give it up Kate, you’re talking bollocks.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Ugh Noel Gallagher. I've always known he was a wrong un since his Michael Hutchence comment.
Showing his true colours now.
From the DM.

Screenshot_20230516_095949.jpg

• Angry
  • Sick

DreamTeam84

On the morning of the H&M car chase there was a story criticising H for wanting to pay met police officers to protect them. I think this car chase was a stunt to ‘prove’ they need top protection cos they get hassled so much

Reactions: 44

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
There's been stories going around the blind sites a lot of people wanted him and he wanted to do it but those in charge said no because of his color. As far as they were concerned, James Bond was white and would stay white just like they didn't want a woman. As good as he would be, It seems he's never gonna get a chance as the new members of the Broccoli family who took over seem to do the same as the old.

Bond should stay a white man. I’m a huge fan of Bond. I loved Craig’s portrayal of him but I hated the ending of the last film. I know it’s basically a hand over of 007 to the next actor but I don’t watch Bond to see him fall in love or die for love. I watch it for the action sequences and the baddies. It’s escapism. One of my favourite films is The World is not Enough. Towards the end of the movie where M witnesses Bond shooting Elektra King, that is who he is. A cold blooded killer. I don’t want a woman either, I think if you actually did a poll, specifically for die hard Bond fans, fans who also read the books, they’d all want him to remain a white man. It gets on my tits when classic characters, written years ago, are changed to suit the “woke type” narrative. Just write or create a new series of spy novels/films. He/She/They/Them can be whatever they want then. Do what you want with a new character. But it’s always an easier option to hijack a dead author’s material and change it to fit how they think it should be.

Sorry for rambling, I am very passionate about Bond! 😭
So, Reggie Jean Page, no! 🤢 Aaron Taylor Johnson, no! 😂 Idris Elba, no! 😜

James Norton 😍 100% yes! He was so cold as Tommy Lee Royce. He would be an amazing Bond.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
I’m afraid I’m another one not keen on the Beatles. I will admit, some of the songs Lennon and McCartney wrote together are good, but separately they produce complete bogsnort. Lennon especially. I cannot stand the dirge that is Imagine, and I have been known to walk out of shops at Christmas time if Merry Christmas Everybody (War Is Over) comes on the PA system.
I hate imagine. With a passion.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

HollyGolightly

VIP Member
Does anyone know any gossip about Dermot O'Leary? It seems like he's squeaky clean with a stable marriage. On TV he always seems chirpy. I'm kind of hoping he's an arsehole in real life haha, but I will probably be disappointed 😅
I saw this Tweet about him the other day when I was snooping around for PS gossip...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 42