Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MissHavisham

VIP Member
I've enjoyed the plot twists in Martha Stewart: The Latter Years. A stint in Shawshank, becoming besties with Snoop Dogg, and now vamping it up at 80 on a Sports Illustrated cover. Whew.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

MrsPiggleWiggle

Chatty Member
Not trying to be cruel, but it always amazes me how unattractive the Beckham kids are. Brooklyn especially always looks unwashed.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
I’m gonna stick up for Catherine Tate here cause I absolutely bloody love the woman. She’s always been a ‘regular’ size lass (as in not your usual teeny tiny tv person) and with that, she’s always had a pretty hefty rack on her. I was absolutely HORRIFIED when she was in the American Office cause she lost an absolute shed tonne of weight (undoubtedly to fit in with the ‘American’ idea of a tv star) and looked, frankly, god awful. I’m genuinely not trying to body shame here, but she seemed to lose a lot of weight very quickly, and it really didn’t suit her at all. So it’s kinda awesome to see her looking herself again. Big rack and all!
I also have large breasts. I keep them on my chest though. I don't try to wear them as earrings.

• Haha

evie1975

VIP Member
I never ever got the Beatles love. They were alright and different when they started but their tunes to me are novelty songs mostly and just a slight cut above the likes of Agadoo and Star Trekking.

John Lennon and Paul McCartney are/were creepy and bad men. The DV allegations from the 70s on Paul are always swept under the carpet because he’s another fucking national treasure.
I don’t like the Beatles and cannot stand Paul - there, I said it! 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

MrsFawlty

Chatty Member
John Lennon and Yoko sitting in their fur coats is the repulsive image I think of when I think of Lennon.
The man who wrote "imagine there's no posessions" who had a whole separate air conditioned flat* for his collection of furs.

*Or possibly a closet see screenshot below from a Daily Mail article from 2015 with Elton throwing magnificent shade:
Screenshot_20230521-202500_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha

Pipsy

VIP Member
There are some conspiracists who believe the real Paul McCartney died and 'Paul' today is actually Obama's mother in disguise.

om.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow

miss n thropy

Chatty Member
I don’t know about anyone but but it really pisses me off when white, middle aged heterosexual men complain about discrimination. It’s just their ingrained entitlement talking.
I so agree with this! What exactly is he complaining that they cannot do any more? Sexually assault women with no consequences, discriminate based on disability or colour?

As the wonderful Kathy Burke says, if you aren’t a sexist, a racist, a homophobe etc you are labelled as woke.

I am an aged white woman, not particularly angry just exasperated, and honestly, proud to be woke if it means not a total twat!

• Heart

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
Middle-aged women aren’t exactly the loudest voice in public discourse, even the white ones. Middle-aged men on the other hand do seem to get every brain fart heard, including Noel.

• Heart

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Kelly Brook becomes more insufferable with age, that I know.

Kelly told us:

Laughing, she added: “That's the trouble your 20s your 30s you don't want anyone looking and when you're in your 40s and 50s, you appreciate it more. You're like: 'please, will someone look at them?'”
What she talking about? She spent most of her 20s & 30s going out of her way to make sure everyone was looking at her tits. She wouldn’t be famous otherwise

• Haha
Reactions: 50

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
Also, as someone roughly Louise’s age, with kids growing up, I would do nothing but LAUGH if I broke up with my husband and he started having babies with someone else. Imagine having to start over again just when freedom is on the horizon.

Different if it’s your first family of course.

• Haha
  • Heart

MissHavisham

VIP Member
I used to be a big fan of Kate Winslet but she is getting up my nose with her constant insistence that her daughter "did it all on her own" when it comes to her new acting career.

It's completely delusional, Kate must know this. She must know that even if people did not know her daughter was hers right away, they probably still found out pretty damn quickly because that's how the entire industry is built.

I wish she'd stop banging on about it. It's a lie.
Yes, it's such tiresome shite.

My favourite celeb response to the nepo kid discourse came from Liam Gallagher.

• Haha
  • Heart

Serene Serena

VIP Member
In those photos of Amanda's bathroom, is there really just a low dividing wall between that and the bedroom? So not only can you hear your partner poo, you can see them too. Delightfully romantic.
---
Had no idea Amanda Holden shilled tat on QVC (used to watch QVC in the early days of satellite / cable telly, strangely addictive - to a point - though reading ShoppingTelly forums made it even more worthwhile).

Gold coloured metal - check
Velvet upholstery - check
"Inspirational" words - check
Plastic greenery - check
Retro patterns - check

BundleBerry by Amanda Holden - QVC UK

It's all very Matalan (though that's Denise Van Outen's gig - or was). Most of Amanda's homewares are now on QVC's Outlet. Wonder if the naming of BumbleBerry was intentional, to sound a bit like Burberry? Sounds more like the name you'd give a tummy bug or bad bout of diarrhoea.
Does not surprise me. Maybe she is really a pussy cat but I've always sensed massive bitch vibes from La Holden.
I've met La Holden and I am devastated to report she is...

...really nice and friendly, interested in other people and not just herself, and very much 'one of the girls' rather than being (as I had imagined) the type of woman who needs to be surrounded by sycophantic men in order to feel validated. I liked her. She still looks like a waxwork up close though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49

MissHavisham

VIP Member
Bond should stay a white man. I’m a huge fan of Bond. I loved Craig’s portrayal of him but I hated the ending of the last film. I know it’s basically a hand over of 007 to the next actor but I don’t watch Bond to see him fall in love or die for love. I watch it for the action sequences and the baddies. It’s escapism. One of my favourite films is The World is not Enough. Towards the end of the movie where M witnesses Bond shooting Elektra King, that is who he is. A cold blooded killer. I don’t want a woman either, I think if you actually did a poll, specifically for die hard Bond fans, fans who also read the books, they’d all want him to remain a white man. It gets on my tits when classic characters, written years ago, are changed to suit the “woke type” narrative. Just write or create a new series of spy novels/films. He/She/They/Them can be whatever they want then. Do what you want with a new character. But it’s always an easier option to hijack a dead author’s material and change it to fit how they think it should be.

Sorry for rambling, I am very passionate about Bond! 😭
So, Reggie Jean Page, no! 🤢 Aaron Taylor Johnson, no! 😂 Idris Elba, no! 😜

James Norton 😍 100% yes! He was so cold as Tommy Lee Royce. He would be an amazing Bond.
I enjoy when controversial casting decisions send people like you into a tailspin.

It gives me a frisson in my fanny.

• Haha
  • Heart

SaintLeo

VIP Member
My dad, the most cynical man in the world, once met Dermot as he was filming something in my dads workplace. He described him as “a bloody lovely little bloke” where as some of his filming colleagues were “complete arseholes”! Not exactly piping hot tea I appreciate!

• Haha
Hmmmm a car chase through central New York for two hours with no footage from passers by, CCTV images and no independent eyewitnesses.

I’m not a royalist or a hater of H&M but side eye to this story.

Reactions: 48

PeteM

VIP Member
I so agree with this! What exactly is he complaining that they cannot do any more? Sexually assault women with no consequences, discriminate based on disability or colour?

As the wonderful Kathy Burke says, if you aren’t a sexist, a racist, a homophobe etc you are labelled as woke.

I am an aged white woman, not particularly angry just exasperated, and honestly, proud to be woke if it means not a total twat!
Indeed. When anyone goes on a rant about wokeness, I guess I have to be grateful that they're letting me know that they're a bellend in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: 47