Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FlangelinaJolie

I met Nigella at a speaking engagement at my work recently. She was great actually and pretty friendly outside of the presentation. Couple of things that surprised me about her - she is so tiny. Plus she is the palest women I have ever seen, her skin is practically translucent. You could see every vein up her neck and on her wrists and up her arms it was weird. And when she was taking she had a almost black inside to her mouth which my husband tells me is due to hard core red wine drinking!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

MissHavisham

VIP Member
Julio Iglesias was about 65 when his half-sister was born. Imagine getting your old age pension and a brand new sibling in the same year.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

shellie

VIP Member
Got a bit of tea and when I say tea, I mean piss weak one-dip tea. My uncle used to go out with the snooker player Stephen Hendry's aunt. She was nice but he was even more dour-faced than he appeared on TV. He had to come and pick her and my uncle up from my grandparent's house once and admittedly, we aren't posh or rich but the place wasn't a hovel either. He ended up sitting in his car for over an hour because he was scared someone would steal it and was really cheeky to my nana to the point my aunt had to be stopped from hauling him out of the car and smacking him one. Also, he was putting it about for years long before that actress he got with, which I never understood as I met him a few times and watching already limp lettuce wither was more exciting than talking to him. I guess when money is involved, anything is possible.

The only other thing is my half-aunt has two kids with Jaki Graham's (80s singer) brother. I never met her myself but others who did said she was really nice.

• Haha

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Is it just Saturday Takeaway?
Good. And not surprised. That last series was an embarrassment. The jollity and spontaneity was beyond forced.
I hope it’s everything Ant and Dec related. I don’t mind Dec, I just can’t bloody stand the big forehead knob he presents with.

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, and obviously I’m not on the Schofe threads: but what I don’t get is where did the ‘feud’ between Schofe and Willoughbooby start?? Surely it can’t just be over his brother being a pweirdo? If you’re such good friends do you fall out over that?? Before I get shot down I honestly don’t know
I feel like something else has happened (she stood by him sacking the runner, his faux coming out, and there were rumours folk that Ant went to rehab to protect their brand)
What have I missed?
I think its more like Holly knows it's a matter of time before the MM story comes out and she is doing damage limitation/distancing herself. Every social media put on this morning and her own calls Philip out (and her for covering for him)

• Heart

MissHavisham

VIP Member
I see Trinny is looking sad and Saatchi is looking, well, pink, with a new lady for lunch. I always thought Trinny looked a tad too smug moving in so fast after the Saatchi/Nigella grabbing her round the throat situ. Any tea on Trinny tattlers?
When she first started going out with the revolting old troll she made a comment about turning 50 and 'life grabbing you by the throat'. I thought that was pretty distasteful.

• Sad
  • Angry

Zebraaah

VIP Member
Doesn’t really answer your question but I used to work with Neil Tennant’s brother and he was a nice bloke who organised free tickets for the PSB when they appeared in the area.
That was excellent tea.
And I can top it as Chris Lowe started to be an architect. He did the study, then some practice. He designed a staircase in Milton Keynes... and I've been on the staircase! I've climbed it right to the top. And then back down again.

• Haha
  • Heart

Pipsy

VIP Member
My honest, and frank view (don't read if you don't want to know about how gay relationships work)

Gay relationships are SO different. Many have age gaps - Daley & whatshisface, Fry and whatshisface - a Daddy complex. Gabachino (radio bloke) and his boyfriend are the same. His boyfriend wants to be an actor, yeah right honey.

Also many relationships are open - Gabachino's is. So older bloke just let's younger one go off and have sex. Doesn't mean anything, just sex. Many of my straight friends find this hard to understand.

And that's what makes the world go round ... it's just sex to a gay man.

[Cue judging comments ....]

Edited to water it down a bit ;)
Yeah, we acknowledge male and female sexuality is different. Probably gay and straight sexuality is too. People joke that gay male sex culture is what straight mens would be like if they weren't constrained by women and I think that's a bit simplistic. I think it's normal and a good thing to feel protective of young gay kids though. People aren't necessarily judging.

• Heart

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
Bond certainly shouldn't be a woman as it would be a totally different character. Dr Who being a woman was actually a great idea as its a regeneration not a continuation of the same person, unfortunately Whitaker had some horrific plots so it was an opportunity missed. Back to Bond, the range of different men we've had shows that it doesn't matter what the actor playing him looks like and so zero reason why he couldn't be successfully played by a black man, its not like all the previous actors look the same in line with strict descriptions from the books. People throw the word woke around randomly fir no good reason and often totally misunderstanding what it means anyway. Nobody is saying it's a black person's turn to do it, they're simply offering up actors with the right screen presence.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Ubu1uk

VIP Member
Re the niceness things. All the runners that were around Rylan during his career will have moved into production by now. That niceness will stay with those runners and Rylan will get a load of work for being decent and professional. The runners Pip and others may have been rude to, they have long memories, and they will not be booking Pip and co. Holly will be ok, she has her husband in her corner. It’s what allegedly happened to Ulrika. She was rude when she was TV’s golden girl, and the young runners moved up the ranks and they were not going to book her anymore. Her career took a permanent dip.
Same thing happened to Cilla as she was vile to someone who subsequently became her boss hence the lack of telly after Blind Date.

Reactions: 35

Carapop

VIP Member
I'm thinking Henry Fielding but I think he's a bit short.

Honestly, i don't think Bond's ethnicity is an issue but he needs to be male. I didn't mind the female 007 (forget the lassies name but it was mental when she turned up in Matilda) but she wasn't Bond.

And I'll through a new into the hat that I would have loved to have played Bond - Jack Davenport. When he was in This Life - gorgeous but alas had a streak of ruthlessness.
Omg Henry Golding is BEAUTIFUL and he is 6’1!
1684062168477.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34